Sign in to follow this  
Havana Saint

Disgraceful

The point of the song is to make a them and us about Rudi Skacel and his nationality in general. Why else would they call him a refugee if it wasn't a slight at his nationality? Any song whereby you are taunting someone about their nationality to cause offense is certainly unacceptable and the fact it is factually incorrect shouldn't have a bearing on the matter. I'm pretty sure if I called a Celtic fan from Scotland a ****** it would be deemed as them being the victim even though they technically are not what the term means.

Bottom line is really, LG was singing songs intended to be derogatory towards another club and against another player.  If i was video'd in a pub singing songs like that about a rival company in my line of work, I'd be punted in a heartbeat.  

Racist, not racist, that kind of behaviour from a player - a guy who is a role model to young fans - should simply not be tolerated.  LG has done this kind of thing over, and over and over again at every club he's played for.  In any other line of work he'd be utterly unemployable, but for some reason the rules don't apply to footballers.  Given the limelight they enjoy, i find that completely perverse.