Promote The Final

Cagey

C`mon Saints lets pull out all the stops to get the Perth public up for this game.

What about making a poster with Stevie May with May 17 on shirt with the tag Be part of history on May 17th.

Ask every shop in Perth & district to put it in their window & if any shops don`t show it we will know they are not Saints minded.

What about a special Saints scarf for the final.

Any ideas ?.

Not enough time for a schools competition or anything like that.

We all really need to push this momentus day. The club need to start building heat with the event from NOW and we the fans need to back them.

Me and the lad I go to the games with have drummed up an additional 16 that are going to come to the game, with another 11/12 possibles. I'd be delighted to be surrounded by another 25 or so of my friends as they see my team win our first trophy.

As crazy at it sounds if every regular at home games (say 3000) took another four people with them that's 15000 fans cheering on the lads!

Everyone of us needs to drag as many as we can. This is the moment we've been waiting for!

Couple of suggestions: Wonder if Ross Cunningham could continue his excellent work this season and go along to the game this Saturday and record/ film the saints fans in the east stand corner singing. On the saints page could do a countdown to the final and show a different song every couple of days (or use footage from euro nights) ...

... There will be many thousands of perth folk - families, grannies, everyone- there who have never been to a game and if they're coming along we want them to sing and get behind the team with the rest of us, there's going to be 25000 utd fans singing away. Might need a bit of bleeping here and there?! But we've a good few chants with no swearing the club could easy show the support singing a few of them:

Oh when the saints (the slow one and the old Skool way)

Come on ye saints

We love you saintees

I follow the S J F C

The Turkish tune we come onto the park to

Stevie May chants

And loads more. It'll hopefully help get folk in the mood and want to be part of it.

The posters with the Stevie May 17th cup final date all over perth and every town and village in Perthshire is a great shout... Could we get a few done in polish or a couple of other languages as there's thousands of east European folk in Perthshire that we could encourage along. Put them up in polish shops/ hairdressers in the town and speak to the council about other good places to promote these. It's mostly about the cup final, but it's also a great opportunity to boost our support for next season and beyond.

The other thing is colours, utd always look quite a colourful support. Let's get everyone in blue and white, hopefully make the club a bit of extra money thru merchandise at the same time.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much it costs to take out a billboard ad in Perth city centre? I'm thinking along the lines of those ones opposite the police station and down the road from the train station, that always have various Christian messages on them. Would be great to take over a couple of those for the month. I'm thinking a pic of Stevie May's 'May 17' shirt along with something like PUT YOUR FAITH IN THE REAL SAINTS. #BELIEVE  :razz: 

I genuinely don't care how many we take, whether it be 3000 or 15000.

If we win it'll be amazing and everyone who wanted to be there will be.

This final is for every single Saints fan, young and old, but there's a few who this will mean more to than some will ever know. Those that there in the dark days of Muirton mid 80's, those that sat through the horrendous era that was 2000-2006 ish and those that bothered their arse going to Inverness, Dingwall or Stranraer in the middle of winter. They aren't better fans than anyone else but they'll definitely be at the final and that's all that matters.

COYS!

Fair play to the club who have already got a poster up outside the ground advertising the final.  the first step in a massive push to get as many sainties and those who want to be in the saints end to the final.  I dont care if a third of the people in our end dont go to every game (or support another club) but if they are decked in blue and white that would be champion.

I really hope the club have contacted scotrail/network rail (and the police?) to raise the issue of the trains.  There is surely something that can be done.  We need as many travel options for people as possible. Lack of trains may discount the neutral who wants to go with saints fans.

Think it would be cool if there was a card display for the beginning of the game as the players walk out.  All blue with MAY 17 in white.

Even if everyone from the semi brought one other person. I will be hassling all my mates to back us. One mate doesn't like football but he's seen us beat United, Dundee twice and Rosenborg(agg). He will be telt he is going.

I'm bringing my mrs and wee lad who don't usually go.

Posters in every bus shelter and large billboards. 

St Johnstone are from Perth so lets paint this town blue to get the backing for MAY 17!!

A bus organised from every pub in Perthshire, there usually is some female/male who organises things in the locals, get them on board, I am sure if a bus is going from say the Black watch in Aberfeldy  it would eventually get filled just by the locals getting tagged along, I have two Geordies going, 4 extra family members up to now and still to really get going on the rest.

One big problem I see will there be enough busses to go round the last final we had to go to Dundee for our bus nae chance this time. How much is a 50 seat bus now a days any way? If only MaCllenens still had all the berry busses. 

Just a last minute thought would Stagecoach do busses at a cut price if we went around each school in Perthshire and gave them a bus to fill with the potential of the "fans of the future" maybe get a few hooked in, Stagecoach make enough of the school runs during the school year surely they can give something back .