Cup Final Song

Broon

I really can't remember SLF....I do remember this song being a Saints anthem around that period..... what was the connection to the semi in 1989?

I think paul cherry had the whole squad singing it and were hyper. The part time saintees were standing in the tunnel beside these rangers stars and were blaring it out. Apparently the rangers players were all looking a bit bemused by these part timers who were meant to be terrified. We then went out and hammered them 0-0.

I think paul cherry had the whole squad singing it and were hyper. The part time saintees were standing in the tunnel beside these rangers stars and were blaring it out. Apparently the rangers players were all looking a bit bemused by these part timers who were meant to be terrified. We then went out and hammered them 0-0.

thats it in a nutshell for ye swarmy.

Being in Aberdeen and having to endure the biased local radio stations up here playing replays of the goals from the other (diddy cup) semi, combined with the playing of Human leagues "peter pauper baby" on the hour, ever hour for two weeks !. On Monday 14th I requested they did the same, constant replies of the goals from sunday 13th, followed by either, Elbow - One day like this or Jouney - Don't stop believing, on the hour every hour. Just to show quote "that original was non biased media organisation and covers news and events in a fair and representative way, reflecting a moment in history" I was polite and said thank you ! Neddless to say although the quote was read out on air they declined :-) Still, one message rubbed the salt into the wounds of the thousands of dandies in one swoop, better that the few at work who got the ribbing they desevered from me. Both song's fit the bill !

It's been driving me bonkers as well! The North East media gloating of the 'amazing' Aberdeen has been a bit painful to read/watch/listen to.

Pretty sure Cherry started singing it before the quarter final replay against Morton. The kick off was delayed to let the crowd in (yes, really!) and he started singing Bonnie Wee Jeannie McColl in the changing room to help relieve the tension. It worked so they did it again in the semi final as the Rangers players came out into the tunnel.

Hi, folks. Newbie here who has used the site as their source of Saints news for years. Put together this wee slide show of memorabilia for fun and then wrote a wee tune to accompany. Hope you enjoy. Been going to Saints games since 1968.

pretty good but needs more oooooomph

Some of the requests I got after posting the link to The Patient Saints song Shout It Out Loud were "give us a rockier version", and "too many words, cut to the chase, big man". Despite the fact I am in fact only 5'7", I took this advice and gave it some oomph. The result is this 2 minute version. Enjoy! Share to your heart's content.

Yep, like wee John, I thought the first version was excellent - really like it.  May be cheeky here, but could you post this as an MP3? Motivational music for me to go into work!!  Happy to donate something for your efforts.

Also looking forward to the Cup Final song release later this week too

Great times to be a Saintee!

Jim

Good work Patient. My track will probably seem rubbish now.  :cry:  Haha! A brief update on the song - we are well and truly on track for a Thursday release date. It will definitely be available to download via Bandcamp on that day. It will also be available on iTunes, Amazon and GooglePlay. I can't guarantee that you can download it from any of these sites on Thursday, but the song has been finalised and sent away so it definitely won't be too long after.