Cup Final Song

Broon

Had a great time at the Saints Media Day today. A performance of 'Fair Maid' in front of TV cameras, interviews with Sky Sports and Radio Tay, a little photo shoot with Stevie May and a little music video recorded with Ross Cunningham. Stay tuned for that!

For now, here's a little lyric video I made with a friend. The camera's a bit jerky, but just assume that it's taken from the perspective of a reallllllllly drunk Saints supporter. Hope you like it.

You guys must be buzzin' tonight. Just watched the performance today in front of the press on the Saints FB site - brilliant - hope you get great coverage in the media and that this also helps your band's profile. Having downloaded Fair Maid from iTunes 10 days ago, me and my 8 year old daughter know every word and have been singing along in the car every day. At last we have our own song that will stand the test of time I'm sure. Hope it gets played at Celtic Park.

Lovin the video too - you must upload to YouTube - the walk up to McDiarmid in all it's glory!

And we can always change the words in the last verse if we can get the win on Saturday....

COYS!

Jim

have actually spent the last 5 hours editing the music video! that's it done now and uploading so people will be able to see it in the morning.

great song tho, I really like things like that where a fan has got creative with something.

Great work, mate! I hope you airbrushed me a little bit..  :wink:  Look forward to seeing it.

You guys must be buzzin' tonight. Just watched the performance today in front of the press on the Saints FB site - brilliant - hope you get great coverage in the media and that this also helps your band's profile. Having downloaded Fair Maid from iTunes 10 days ago, me and my 8 year old daughter know every word and have been singing along in the car every day. At last we have our own song that will stand the test of time I'm sure. Hope it gets played at Celtic Park.

Lovin the video too - you must upload to YouTube - the walk up to McDiarmid in all it's glory!

And we can always change the words in the last verse if we can get the win on Saturday....

COYS!

Jim

Thanks for that, Jim. Very flattered.

Good video!

The reason I decided against being a singer in a rock group was not knowing what to do with my hands. Put me right off. I couldn't sing either whereas the young fella there has a really good voice. Just needs an act with his hons. A few pointers...

Raw emotion expressed through hand actions as Stevie May covers this rock classic http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SGbScr_4G0Y

A bit more understated with gentle arm swings and the occasional hand clap from perth's 'other' music sensation http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3GUMBIxkdvU

Or use of imagery through mime always worked well for these eighties legends http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiy5HO4VKEA

Finally, pure art from the masters of the game http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VKmG6zkADW8

The lyric video is now up on YouTube as well. 

As far as I'm aware, that is the media stuff/hard work ( :wink: ) over for now. Been told that the song will be played as part of the post-match celebrations if we win.. (touch wood, fingers crossed etc.)

Thanks to everyone who has shown such great support over the last couple of weeks. Remember that the song is available to download on iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay and Bandcamp. 50% of all profits goes to the club's Youth Development fund.

Now, it's time to sit back and focus on the match itself. The nerves have really begun to hit me now.

Edited by The Real Saints

My last effort, for now, folks. See you on the other side.

Henry's Comet

They tell me Henry's Comet orbits round this earth

And every seven years or so brings a class striker to Perth

In the late 70s John Brogan was the chosen one

A few years later Willie Brown was scoring goals for fun

As the Eighties turned to Nineties, Roddy found his mark

And then Paul Wright arrived to brighten up the park

And then four seasons where George O'Boyle scored over 60 times

In Sturrock's classy lineups, he really was sublime

Then Mixu, Peaso, Jacko, Savo, they all did their best

To bring us to our rightful place and pass the final test

So as we face this challenge, who'll shine this glorious day

Will Henry's Comet arrive again in the shape of Stevie May?

Last bit of spam from me! Obviously, if you want to get the song downloaded before the cup final, there's not much time left now! 'The Shrugs - Fair Maid' is available on iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay and http://theshrugsdundee.bandcamp.com/

We have been informed that the song will be played at Celtic Park tomorrow if (fingers crossed) Saints were to win the game. Not going to tempt fate though. Dundee United are bookies' favourites.

But if you want to learn the words in advance of tomorrow, you can find the lyric video here - 

All the best! Thanks to you all. Let's do this. COYS.