Saints Tv: Stevie May's Double

CunninghamVideo

I've got it on sky plus and watched it again yesterday :) the wife was like "what are you like"

I'm like I don't care haha brings a tear to my eye!! We should all watch it every day the goals at least, mays first touch to control that ball was absolute class, but yea watch it everyday build the excitement!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The moment we equalised was the greatest moment of my life. Unbelievable scenes

I wasnt there but the second one at the cup final was my best st johnstone supporting moment. Not often we have seven plus minutes of celebration. Normal a big Saints victory involves finger biting to the last second.

Edited by AthensSaint

I wasnt there but the second one at the cup final was my best st johnstone supporting moment. Not often we have seven plus minutes of celebration. Normal a big Saints victory involves finger biting to the last second.

-------------------

Was it only 7 minutes Athens because it felt longer and I was still biting my nails. After 55 years I was witnessing history and I nearly couldn't take it all in. When the final whistle went I cried (like others) and had no nails. So sweet!

Edited by Saintdunc

I met with Kinnoull Kicker here in Athens on Sunday and we talked about the whole cup final day all over again. I think the excitement of this win will live with all generations of saints fans for a very long time. Though the wives maybe finding it a wee bit tiresome at times :wink: . What is an added bonus is that the rest of Scotland saw it as a really great cup final and though there is nothing much to dislike about Dundee United....it sounded like most of Scotland wanted us to win. My English football mates, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Liverpool etc here in Athens, have a new scottish team and it aint the old firm. They all loved the gritty performance, they thought the atmosphere was spot on. Its trendy to support St. Johnstone nowadays :cool:        

• 3 weeks later...

I know this semi final is now old news,but last night i was sitting bored going through youtube and decided to watch the defy the odds video for about the 20th time. I cannae believe that i had never noticed the dodgey character bang on the 5 minute mark before (Never mind the rest of the riff raff) !!!!

Anyone we know ??????  :mrgreen:

Edited by chips

The semi final is still the game that sums up our Scottish Cup this year for me. I feel more emotional watching the highlights from the semi than I do for the final for some reason

I feel the same, i have had this conversation with quite a few folk. Although winning the final was fecking superb,being part of witnessing history etc etc that semi final just put my emotions into overdrive,so much so i left minutes before the final whistle,i couldnae hack it. It felt like all the bad times following saints were about to be wipe away and the fear the Dons could burst my bubble as the last minutes ticked down.My approach to the game wasnt very optimistic to be honest,the semi final earlier at Tynecastle and many others like Motherwell just put me in defeatist mode.I dont mind admitting ive probably watched the semi goals 5 times more than i have the actual final ones. My approach to the final was that we would win no problem a rarety for me. Never the less two games that i will never forget as long as i live.But yeah as far as emotions go the semi final clinched it

Edited by chips

• 1 month later...

Last season was the best ever for me as a Saints fan.

Rosenborg

Pumping County

Pumping Caley

Pumping Motherwell

Pumping UTD

The Scottish Cup semi comeback

The Sellick comeback

The Scottish Cup final

Plenty of memories to treasure and made more special because it was the first season that I really shared following Saints with my son and daughter who were at last at an age where they could truly appreciate it.

Stevie was a big part of that special season and he has even managed to displace Messi and Ronaldo on my sons bedroom wall!

I think that these two goals highlight everything that is good about his game and I have enjoyed them many,many times.

So if your aff Stevie.... Thanks for the goals and the memories.

All the best. Look forward to cheering some May goals for Scotland.

Oh, and BUMP ;)