Ando Testimonial Tournament - Sunday 8Th June 2014

nips

We are entering a team into the Steven Anderson Testimonial 7-a-side tournament on the astro pitch at McDiarmid on Sunday 8th June. It will run from 10am-12:30pm. We can have a squad of up to 10 so I'll make it first come, first served so get your names down early.

Who fancies it?

Aye - Nick F, Woody, Barca, Dan, Matt, Neil W, Ally T, Graeme Doig, Sob, Cheesy

Maybe -

Naw - Ruari, Nips, Rodgers, Dunbar, Nick, Pops, Spew, Elvis

Edited by nips

yes PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, under 35's only!  It genuinely is, I'm not taking the piss! 

There's another tournament organised for over 35s but we wont be entering a team for that.  It won't be long before a fair amount of us will be more suited to that however...

Sorry, under 35's only!  It genuinely is, I'm not taking the piss! 

There's another tournament organised for over 35s but we wont be entering a team for that.  It won't be long before a fair amount of us will be more suited to that however...

To be fair he has a mental age of about 12...LAUGH OUT LOUD

• 1 month later...

Got the following email from Ghostie about the tournament. The entry fee has been paid - we'll make it a fiver a head regardless of how many people we get and the rest will come out of club funds.

SOME FINAL INFO.

Hi all. Just thought I would give you all some final information on Sundays (8th June) under 35's Steven Anderson Testimonial tournament on the Astro at McDiarmid Park Perth

Please can all teams be there as close to 9.30 am as possible so we can get everyone registered. Registration will be done in the Muirton Suite. For those who have not already paid, please ensure you have your £80 entrance fee. This will be payable as CASH only ( no credit/debit card facilities). For those not sure where the Muirton Suite is, there will be singage and also people available to direct you.

Parking. Can all players please park in either the bottom section of the main car park or the section directly to your right at the bottom of the hill. The road along to the stadium will be coned of and there will be NO PARKING in that area on the day . This is simply to make it safer as there will be a couple of hundred people wandering about and we don't want anyone getting run over.

It would be best if each team wore a team strip ( or top at least) but we do have enough bibs to cover for colour clashes or lack of strips.

Each team will be assigned a changing room number ( there are four changing rooms numbered 1-4) There will be up to four teams sharing each changing room so it will be fairly rammed. Please DO NOT lave any valuable in the changing rooms as due to the nature and size of the tourny, they will NOT BE LOCKED. Can you plase vacate the changing rooms as soon as you have finished you last game unless your team has progressed to the semis. This will allow the over 35,s who arrive at 2.30pm to then us them.

Each team will receive a welcome letter on arrival as well as a brief copy of the basic rules and levels of behaviour expected. There will also be a page detailing the facilities available in the Muirton Suite, ie Cash bar serving soft drinks from 9.30am and ancohol from either 11am or noon ( can't remember the licensing rules for a sunday but I think it is 11am) Also available will be hot breakfast rolls in the morning and a light lunch menu later in the day. These will again be on a cash basis.. There are toilet facilities available in both the Muirton Suite AND the changing area.

Balls will be provided.

Boots/shoes. Mouldies are fine as ar astro shoesboots or trainers but metal studs are best avoided.

You will be given a team fixture list. This will have the times of your 7 group games, the location. ( pitch 1, 2 or 3) and your opponents. It is your responsibility to be ready to start at the time shown on your fixture list. Failure to be there on time WILL result in you forfeiting that game and getting 0 points ( 3-0 default score)

After all the games are finished you are more than welcome to use the bar facilities in the Muirton Suite but please make sure you have changed your footwear.

The semis will take place simultaniously on pitches 1 and 3 as will the final and 3rd/4th place play off. There will then be a Trophy and medal presentation outside the main door with the runners up getting their medal and then the winners getting theirs before being presented with the trophy.

There will be no throw ins. Kick ins will be taken from the sides of the pitch. There is no offside..

Finally ( well for now anyway) we are holding a raffle. ( well two raffles actually, one for the under 35's and one for the over 35's) Tickets will be a £1 a strip and will be onsale at registration and during the tournament. Once the group stages have finished, the tickets will be drawn and the winning tickets will be stuck to the relivant prizes on a table in the Muirton Suite. Please pop in after this point and check you tickets against the winners. If you have a winning ticket, someone will take that from you and give you your prize. The prizes will be available to view during registration ( there will be a table for each raffle set up).

As is customery, I would ask all team organisers to speak to all their players and ask that if anyone has unwanted but decent quality "stuff" lying around at home or has a business or friend with a business who might want to donate some sort of voucher for services or the like.... Raffle prize donation would be great appreciated.

If you have any un answered questions, please do not hesitate to email me and I will answer if I can..

Thanks again EVERYONE for supporting Steven Anderson and his testimonial. We will see you all on the day.

Gordon. ( on behalf of Steven Anderson and the testimonial committee)