Saints Vs Dundee United 17Th May Scottish Cup Final

David123

I know this might sound a bit naive but one of my big fears is that the lads take stage fright; I'm sure Tommy is preparing the boys for the cauldron of noise that awaits them but for me the first 15/ 20 is going to be huge. I hope the coaching staff are banging home how we have to be alert at the start of the game.

I don't want to be chasing the game early. If we are up for this from the gun we will have a great chance. 

Don't think that is naive at all; I share this fear and am having repeat visions of us being three down in fifteen minutes and sitting there in absolute misery for the rest of the game.

Dundee Utd fans I know are also worrying about going behind to an early goal....they don't think they have recoved that well when that happens

Let's get out the traps and right into them

I had not realised until a few United fans pointed out but when they get beat it tends to end up with them not scoring.

Dundee Utd forum is hilarious reading as ever.

"Whoever they pick, it'll be their usual tactics.

Their back four will play a high line to squeeze the game and not let us play football. They will tackle very hard and try to bully us. When they win the ball, they'll get it forward very quickly to McLean and May. They'll be trying to win free kicks in our half so they can get the ball high into our box.

Not exactly sophisticated stuff but its been effective against us this season.

They will also do what they have done the last two times and try wind us up, few players have mentioned there are a few personal battles on the pitch so to speak.

Lets phukin ram them!"

Love that we've beaten them 3 times this season, and they clearly haven't even watched the games.

Dundee Utd forum is hilarious reading as ever.

"Whoever they pick, it'll be their usual tactics.

Their back four will play a high line to squeeze the game and not let us play football. They will tackle very hard and try to bully us. When they win the ball, they'll get it forward very quickly to McLean and May. They'll be trying to win free kicks in our half so they can get the ball high into our box.

Not exactly sophisticated stuff but its been effective against us this season.

They will also do what they have done the last two times and try wind us up, few players have mentioned there are a few personal battles on the pitch so to speak.

Lets phukin ram them!"

Love that we've beaten them 3 times this season, and they clearly haven't even watched the games.

The way they talk it seems they think that they have the divine right to play football and we are just to let them?

The freekicks are a given because their clobber cbs cant help but barge through the back!

Rankin to bite and get sent off?

Sartorially speaking, brown is the correct colour of shoe to wear with a blue suit.

Brings to mind an occasion at Dens when a coagie pie seller was heading round the dog track near the end of a game.  The entire Saints support burst into a round of "Black shoes white socks, black shoes white socks".  We've always been up on our fashions us Saintees.

Sartorially speaking, brown is the correct colour of shoe to wear with a blue suit.

Brings to mind an occasion at Dens when a coagie pie seller was heading round the dog track near the end of a game.  The entire Saints support burst into a round of "Black shoes white socks, black shoes white socks".  We've always been up on our fashions us Saintees.

Brown maybe Burgandy maybe but not Tan.

Wonder if they will put them up for sale or auction after the final. can`t see most of the guys wearing them again.

Maybe keep them for next final.