Saints Vs Dundee United 17Th May Scottish Cup Final

David123

Just back this afternoon from about the best 30 hours or so of my life. From the moment we passed the Saints flags and decorations hanging from the flyover at Glencarse heading towards Perth yesterday everything went to perfection. Great to see old pals, some for the first time in twenty odd years. What a day!

Two wee points for the organisers though...

... Would it really have been so hard to set up the podium facing the 15000 saints fans rather than the empty stands with a few suits in.

...and knock the music back before the game and during the presentation; we can listen to avicii anytime, we don't get to hear 15000 saints fans very often!!!

also dont put the bloody baloon and big flag between the podiuma nd the stand thad the winning teams fans in.

Quite comfortably the best day of my life! I never get to see my brother as we live at opposite ends of the country but we both wanted to be there together.

Our Dad, who was a Saints fan and got us into them, passed away 11 years ago when we were both teenagers and I have no shame in admitting that we both were welling up after the second goal went in. It was a genuine honour to see my team lift the oldest football trophy in the world!

On the plane up from London I was the only Saintee on a plane full of Dundee Utd fans, no bother at all, good natured banter, and after the game without fail we got congratulations from Celtic, Rangers, Partick Thistle and Dundee Utd fans alike.

It cost me a small fortune to be there yesterday and it was worth every single penny!

Thanks to the fellow fans, the team and the management for an amazing day. Credit must also go to Geoff Brown without whom we wouldn't even have a team to watch in the final yesterday.

That was a blast!

The events of the last two days will stay with me forever. Just absolutely ecstatic for everyone affiliated with Saints.

Particularly delighted for my Papa Robertson who had a tear in his eye at full time as he clutched a picture of his father James, a diehard Saint who I never had the pleasure of knowing, but he was well represented yesterday.

Also thinking of my Grandad Stewart that passed two years ago, but my Granny made enough noise for the two of them and got a nice wee 79th birthday present in the Scottish Cup!!

The events of the last two days will stay with me forever. Just absolutely ecstatic for everyone affiliated with Saints.

Particularly delighted for my Papa Robertson who had a tear in his eye at full time as he clutched a picture of his father James, a diehard Saint who I never had the pleasure of knowing, but he was well represented yesterday.

Also thinking of my Grandad Stewart that passed two years ago, but my Granny made enough noise for the two of them and got a nice wee 79th birthday present in the Scottish Cup!!

That my uncle Donald and Auntie Jean?!

What a day.

We were all lucky enough to witness it. I'm sure no one even dared to dream of yesterday when we sat in the Main Stand and watched Jahic pop the ball into the net for our 2-0 win.

I went to this game with my Brother who accompanies me to every game we go to and also a very good friend of mine who also comes to nearly every game as well with his son. Many of his family came along for the ride in the semi final and again in the final today (I bet they are glad they did). Was also great to witness the victory with my dad, its definitely been a family occasion for many of us. I wouldnt have it ANY OTHER WAY.

What a game football is. I've tried to explain to other friends of mine who aren't football fans as to why I live and breath Saints, why a "game" means so much to me & why a weekend isnt complete without a saints victory. it was an impossible task. They just did not understand.

THEY UNDERSTAND NOW AFTER THIS WEEKEND!!!

That makes the weekend even better.

Bring on next season.

Edited by PerthSeany

Reflecting on the most momentous weekend of my life. Absolutely incredible - how can you put into words what we have just experienced. So many emotions - having watched the team for 37 Years and never dreamt this was possible.

Not a football town ? I think 15000 of us put that one to bed yesterday.

Well Done St Johnstone FC - Well done Perth

I really didn't enjoy the game at the time.

I don't know if it was nerves or tension but it was the worst 90 mins of my life.

Watched the whole thing last night and I swear I was watching a different game of football. What a cracking advert for Scottish football (I'd say the same had we lost it).

Watched the post match celebrations several times.

The celebrations when Ando scored were fantastic. Dave, Fraze and Macca all jumped on Ando and as the elder statesmen of the team I'm sure there are none more deserving and nobody would have wanted more than those guys.

My only regret is not finding a bookies pre-match after telling everyone that would listen that Ando was going to score first from a set-piece. I hear he was 40/1 which is incredible given out threat from set plays and his recent form for which I give major credit to our coaching staff.

Compare and contrast this final vs the Aberdeen ICT final. What a great game. The 60 seconds when Spoony ran the length of the pitch and shot immediately followed by Robertson doing the same summed the game up. Two teams who wanted to win it. Not two teams afraid to lose it.

looks like th Daily Record has the old Seville calculator out again :laugh:

IT WAS heaven in Perth last night after St Johnstone won the Scottish Cup for the first time in their 130-year history.

The Fair City was all but deserted as 20,000 fans made the pilgrimage to Celtic Park to see Saints defy the odds and beat Dundee United 2-0.

But it was set to party into the wee small hours after goals from Steven Anderson and Steven MacLean gave everyone connected to the club and Perth a day they’ll never forget.

And the knees-up will continue today, when around 30,000 supporters are expected to line the streets for a victory parade through the city.

An open-top bus will take Tommy Wright’s heroes round the city to show off their first major piece of silverware from noon.