Saints Vs Dundee United 17Th May Scottish Cup Final

David123

I get a bit nervous already every time I read something / talk about this game.

I hate to think the state I will be in the week leading up to it :unsure:

Will be interesting to see how Tommy uses his squad between now and then. Do we play players to keep them sharp? Or would that be risking injuries? Ideally, I would want to see the likely starting line up for the final playing every game, at least starting every game, to get them really gelling, but using substitutions wisely

There are always some players who are more injury prone than others.  I'd like to think TW will ensure that players like MacLean, Easton and Croft will not be risked unless they are 100% fit, but that the others should play each game, as they are all very important fixtures.  We are somewhat thin in defence - I wonder if we'll see Clancy play a few games and Easton rested more?

There has been a lot of outrage in Dundee about the apparent ticket pricing.

nothing on official saints / utd sites about ticket prices as yet but by what I can fathom the 28 and 10 quid tickets are for family sections and tickets for other parts of the ground are 35 quid no concessions

nothing on official saints / utd sites about ticket prices as yet but by what I can fathom the 28 and 10 quid tickets are for family sections and tickets for other parts of the ground are 35 quid no concessions

I would pay £35 because I have that kind of disposable income but I know there are lots of people who don't.

£28 is reasonable. £35 is greed and threatens to put people off/price people out.

Are these prices reflective of pre-determined prize money and the fact that two diddy teams are in the final?  If that is the case then the SFA need to be hung drawn and quartered.  

There are two contributors to the threat of Armageddon, and that is The Rangers and the SFA.  It will always be the other 41 teams that suffer though.

Will this final attract any neutrals? I can recall going to an Aberdeen v Celtic final ?1970, no problem re ticket etc - just went up to the SFA offices at Park Gardens. Don't hear much of neutrals at finals these days.

I know a celtic fan that was talking about going along as a 'neutral'. Told him it would be best to be neutral in the Saints end.

I thought the stand behind the goals we had for the league cup final would have done us fine.

I think thats brilliant we get the side, the best view in the stadium instead of being stuck behind the goal...  Surprised United are ok with that, unless they think theres some advantage to having both ends behind the goals

Agreed, if this is true I'm even more excited about the final.  To have all the Saints fans in one place in the ground will be brilliant for atmosphere I reckon.

I think thats brilliant we get the side, the best view in the stadium instead of being stuck behind the goal...  Surprised United are ok with that, unless they think theres some advantage to having both ends behind the goals

I prefer watching from the side too, but the fact that United will be playing the whole game towards a goal with their fans behind might give them a bit of an advantage.

I prefer watching from the side too, but the fact that United will be playing the whole game towards a goal with their fans behind might give them a bit of an advantage.

Not when they are 2-0 down and utterly silent.  It'll also be easier for the players to see when they start leaving at 3-0.

We're getting part of the main stand and the Jock Stein stand behind the goal.