Saints Vs Dundee United 17Th May Scottish Cup Final

David123

What a perfect day ! That's how you celebrate a May day. Back home in Dundee, tired and emotional but very, very  ,very happy and so proud.

Right from the first whistle the blue and white sea of colour and noise was brilliant. When the first goal went in I was greetin', I was thinking of my dad and willing us on to win that cup.

Realising how lucky I am to have seen Saints lift the cup at the age of 56 when the likes of my dad in the 87+ years that he supported Saints never got to see. I am sure he was looking down on the game and kicking every ball.

Thank you Tommy, the boys in the team, all the backroom staff, the directors, the Brown family and to all my fellow Saints supporters from near and far. Thank you for making this a perfect day !! #Isaw saints make history

Walking back to the hotel thro the Gorbals with the wife, our scarves proudly on, so many people saying well done (mainly Gers fans)- into the hotel there's a husband/wife Arab combo at the bar. How depressed did he look? We looked at each other, I gave him a wink and a smile- he got up and left the bar with his wife still sitting there. Shame, I would have bought him a pint. So so proud of Tommy, the players, and all the other fans who - tho outnumbered- out supported the other fans for the whole 90-odd minutes. Also really happy for Geoff and Steve Brown, they run the club the right way.

Good Evening Lads and Lassies.

Aberdeen Fan here.

I wanted to extend my best wishes to you all, the fans and St Johnstone Football Club for your thoroughly deserved victory in the Scottish Cup.

You have made History. Wonderful, wonderful achievement. It was a wrench for us when you defeated us in the Semi Final but you have a fine side and a talented manager who has achieved the dream for you all.

It was a fantastic final to watch for the neutral but I'm not sure you'd have enjoyed it as much as us!

Well Done.

Savour and enjoy your day! 

I am absolutely humbled by this and other similar replies.......we are not the old firm nor do we have their history or financial clout......we are not even in the realms of tradition that follow Aberdeen or Dundee it'd.......we don't have the support that follow Hearts or Hibs.....but what we do have is resolve and resilience in copious amounts....we have now found a manager that fits what St Johnstone are.....we are a club and city that belong together ...we will never be at the top of the ladder but we are honest hard working people with decency at the core of the club...... Congratulations the Brown family...you are THE ambassadors for OUR family...PERTH!

Brilliant just brilliant. Great support today and boy to the man the team did us proud. Echo comments elsewhere re how long the season has been and efforts put in, not a bad performance from anyone in a blue shirt today. All turned up and gave their all so proud of them and to be a Saints fan tonight

What a day. WHAT a day!!!! That has to be the best day of my life. To every Saints player I say " I Salute you". You were already my heroes, but you have just become LEGENDS. The names will endure in the years to come, Mannus, Easton, McKay, Wright, Anderson, Millar, Wotherspoon, Dunne, O'Halloran, McLean, May, Croft, McDonald.. Tommy Wright and Callum Davidson. Not much else to say, quite emotional and proud, very very proud. . It was a great game . today was our time.

Ghostie.

braw.

for my dad joe and his brothers george and james .calum stein one of a few who made it to budapest in the uefa cup 1970s.deck finlay fae errol who died 30 years ago.all saints fans here in spirit.

and all the troops i have been with to games over the years .this is for us all.

STJOHNSTONE FC SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2014

let the tears flow . party on brothers and sisters

What a brilliant performance.

There's nothing I can say that people haven't already said.

Many of us put our heart and sole into today and.leading up to today. It's been the centre of everyone's mind all week then again Getting behind the team on the day! It's wonderful the feeling after all the build up that we got the result we dreamt of. Its been confirmed it feels better than we dreamt to.

Also enjoyed the fact everything involved in building up to today brought people together. Young, old, male, female were one team. St. Johnstone.

Ps. After all that stress I'm absolutely knackered!!! I bet I'm not the only one