Perth Shop Window Displays For The Scottish Cup Final 2014

AthensSaint

Can we have a thread on shop window displays pre cup final or trying to encourage shop window displays with local companies. Maybe pictures posted of such in the run up. For example, I would be very surprised if Davie Lindsay the Butcher has nothing displayed soon. Hopefully not just Perth but...spreads to the "Big County" towns and villages as well  

John, how are you getting through ?

Still wrestling with work about this. Easyjet into EDI is best option but looking at coming Fri and returning Sun so looking at other alternatives with non direct flight. When you hear "my cry" for a ticket, you know Im coming. Greek flag (blue and white) and "Athens Saint -  Glory Hunter" on the back of my Greek footie on stand - by.  

Still wrestling with work about this. Easyjet into EDI is best option but looking at coming Fri and returning Sun so looking at other alternatives with non direct flight. When you hear "my cry" for a ticket, you know Im coming. Greek flag (blue and white) and "Athens Saint -  Glory Hunter" on the back of my Greek footie on stand - by.  

Fuque work john.some things in life are more important !

not even a "real" glory hunter!

Passing through on the bus I noticed Holdgates with a Stevie May17poster , the wee cobbler shop next to Tesco with different posters on his window and on his door , and Murrays the bakers with a Poster in the window .

Didn't see any posters in George St. despite the shop owners puting on window displays in the past for other events .

Apologies if I am doing a diservice to any that had a poster .

Passing the Strathie in Bridgend, no sooner had I said "look,nothing "then Mike comes out and places a small peelyback sticker of the Saints badge to the outside of the window .

Perth shops backing Saints, don't make me laugh .

Don't they realise this is a great Opportunity to attract FREE publicity .

Interesting to see which shops, particulary the small independent ones who refused a free poster .

Passing through on the bus I noticed Holdgates with a Stevie May17poster , the wee cobbler shop next to Tesco with different posters on his window and on his door , and Murrays the bakers with a Poster in the window .

Didn't see any posters in George St. despite the shop owners puting on window displays in the past for other events .

Apologies if I am doing a diservice to any that had a poster .

Passing the Strathie in Bridgend, no sooner had I said "look,nothing "then Mike comes out and places a small peelyback sticker of the Saints badge to the outside of the window .

Perth shops backing Saints, don't make me laugh .

Don't they realise this is a great Opportunity to attract FREE publicity .

Interesting to see which shops, particulary the small independent ones who refused a free poster .

i agree.only a few are backing sjfc so fuque the   kunts.they can ram ma custom.i will now be living off murrys pies ,eating chinese at china china and wearing stuff fae the fancy dress shop.

I've been slowly but surely going around shops asking if they want a poster for their window, I have set myself a wee goal that 50 shops will put a poster up and then I will upload a thank you to the Facebook page, slowly but surely I am nearly at the 50 mark and since then other business are pm'ing me asking for posters. I have a list of places I have to get posters too and once there all done I will then just go into shops asking for them to put a poster up without all the hassle of uploading to Facebook,.. At 1st not many posters where availible but now due to the vibe about town people more people are asking for the,.. I have even got some to go up on stjohns centre doors but they have a strict timing/ rules regarding outside advertisement..

How did I come about doing all this? I sent saints an email saying I would like to help promote the final!!

Why did I say I wanted to help saints?? They have been great to my wee lad over the season and I feel it's only right I do my bit!!!

Any other reason I am doing this??? Yes the club need the city to get behind them!!!

Why am I not delivering posters around perth and surrounding areas? I don't drive and can only do city centre!!!

What am I getting out of it??? Nothing, I have my tickets and travel,not wanting anything,not a keyring, not a mug, not a sniff cause I don't want anything, I'm doing it because I want to do my bit . ;) i may never get the chance to do such a thing again

The momentum is picking up and blue will be the colour about town soon. I have a wee pile of posters that I need to get out there, and if u know anyone in the centre who wants one let me know

Edited by soupy76

A great effort Soupy keep up the good work and look forward to you posting the outcome. 

Only thing is what do you want out of this "nothing".

Got to disagree with you.

What you want out of this is that Saints return triumphant with the Scottish Cup.

Well done Soupy. 

The Cherrybank are ramping up their support, had a large COYS billboard put up at the roundabout this afternoon and have taken delivery today of a Saltire with the Saints badge on which is apparently going up on the pub roof tomorrow!

edited to add: Well done Soupy, great effort!!

Edited by Over the Road

A great effort Soupy keep up the good work and look forward to you posting the outcome. 

Only thing is what do you want out of this "nothing".

Got to disagree with you.

What you want out of this is that Saints return triumphant with the Scottish Cup.

Well done Soupy. 

Aye yur right - feck it if they don't return with the cup I am panning every fecking windy in that's got a poster - now there is an incentive )