14,000 +

t

Folks with families attending, three or four generations of saints fans together for a huge day out. Might cost £350 in tickets, travel and food. Folk can't afford that every week.

Everyone is massively welcome and every single supporter appreciated for this game.

Well done to the 14,000+

Except slf :P

They wouldn't be paying that every week at McDiarmid ;-)

The more the merrier IMO.

I think it's fantastic! I don't think you should have to justify yourself to anyone why or if you attend.

I am a season ticket holder & try to follow as many away games as possible. I managed to go to Monaco & Rosenberg, do I think I am a better Saints fan than anyone else? NO. Lucky that I am able to do all of the above.

The cup final is a unique day(130 years!?!?) so as many as possible SHOULD be trying to attend!

Only when there is a limit to tickets should your 'devotion' to Saints be taken in to account. I remember a cup game in Inverness in the early 90's and there was a ballot for tickets..at that time I had a season ticket & went to all the away games & guess what my name didn't come out in the ballot! Folk who didn't even go to games got tickets!?! However on the 17th with everyone more or less guaranteed a seat...get down & get a ticket...do you really want to wait 130 years for another chance!?⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

I think it's fantastic! I don't think you should have to justify yourself to anyone why or if you attend.

I am a season ticket holder & try to follow as many away games as possible. I managed to go to Monaco & Rosenberg, do I think I am a better Saints fan than anyone else? NO. Lucky that I am able to do all of the above.

The cup final is a unique day(130 years!?!?) so as many as possible SHOULD be trying to attend!

Only when there is a limit to tickets should your 'devotion' to Saints be taken in to account. I remember a cup game in Inverness in the early 90's and there was a ballot for tickets..at that time I had a season ticket & went to all the away games & guess what my name didn't come out in the ballot! Folk who didn't even go to games got tickets!?! However on the 17th with everyone more or less guaranteed a seat...get down & get a ticket...do you really want to wait 130 years for another chance!?⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Fantastic post IMHO enough said, 14k plus and still going,... I know off many ppl who are going SIMPLY because it's Perth home town team and they have a soft spot for saints, I think it's fantastic, can't wait....

COYS

Not wanting to be negative but who are these people, what do they normally do on a Saturday and what do Saints fans think of them?

I'm going but haven't been a regular for a couple of years now having attended most games in the previous 30 years of my life, kind of gone off of football a bit in that time if I'm honest but Saints are still the closest thing to my heart after my family. I' m going on a bus with a few other guys who are going to their first game in a number of years who don't attend on a regular basis for various reasons and one or two who go all the time but not one of us will question who is the better fan.

My wife will be going along too, having been introduced to the delights of following Saints on her 18th birthday because I wanted to go to the saints game and she wanted taken out for her birthday!

My son will be attending having taken up the mantle of going every week from his parents. I just asked him how he would have felt had we not gone, after looking at me like I had three heads he told me he couldn't imagine not being there with us and wants us to be there to see OUR club go up to lift the cup.

What would you rather we had done, stay at home and watch on the telly just so you could feel all smug about being part of a wee team who were the real fans and slag off the people of Perth for not supporting the local team. You can still have that wee thought in your mind and cast your eye around all these glory hunters joining the throng supporting your club if that's what turns you on or you can have a look round and hope that this reawakens a love for football or the club in people and we get another few hundred or a thousand following us next season. In answer to your question about what do Saints fans think of them, I think other posts have already made that clear, care to say what you think of us?

Don't want to be negative about you but you've come across as a bit of a t*** with this thread, but no hard feelings, enjoy the game, enjoy being part of a historic occasion for the club, enjoy being part of being the biggest saints crowd at a game outside of Perth ever but most of all enjoy being amongst a group of people who are there to see your team and even if it's only for 90 minutes, it's their team too. Here's hoping we all wake up two weeks today proud to have been part of all of this and wondering where to catch a view of the open top bus amongst all of those people who didn't go but wished they had!

Really proud of all the positive posts on here from folk. I for one am really happy that 14000 plus are going. Like many have said it doesn't matter whether they are not regular match goers, there many reasons why people can't / haven't been attending.

What does matter and will make a huge difference is that when our boys in blue come out onto that pitch that the first thing they will see and hear is a sea of blue and white plus the noise of 14000 plus Saints fans roaring them on.

When we score I won't be caring or questioning whether my fellow Saints fan to my right is a one off attendee or not cos I will be jumping up and down & hugging the air out of them....so beware fellow 203 row EM Saintees , you have been warned!

Just to reply to those who like to stand up at matches. I fully understand that you want to do this and some of you have already stated that you have in the past and will in future tell anyone who says this to you to " ***k off" . But remember that folk haven't been able in some cases to choose where they are sitting. This happened to us at Tynecastle in the main stand and we couldn't move to other seats easily, I have chronic disability issues in both knees and feet ( very little left of left kneecap) this makes it really hard & painful for me to stand for a whole match. Luckily most people who have been in front have tried to at least not move about too much if they are standing & that has allowed me to get a seat for shirt bursts of time. I am not trying to be a killjoy but a wee bit of give and take helps and is appreciated by those of us who are either elderly or have some mobility issues.

But rest assured when our winning goal goes in I will be on my feet, jumping up and down if I can and to hell with the pain !

Here's to a great day on the 17th May for all Saints supporters . Proud to be a Saint and always will be.

Edited by Jad

Not wanting to be negative but who are these people, what do they normally do on a Saturday and what do Saints fans think of them?

Like a lot of the above contributors, I now live a long way from Perth (deepest Wiltshire) so can't go as often as I'd like. I've been a supported since 1967 and had a season ticket for many years. I've got a ticket for the final and am flying up for it, so pleas don't have a go - just be pleased the far flung Saints fans are gathering in their thousands to join the locals!

Like a lot of the above contributors, I now live a long way from Perth (deepest Wiltshire) so can't go as often as I'd like. I've been a supported since 1967 and had a season ticket for many years. I've got a ticket for the final and am flying up for it, so pleas don't have a go - just be pleased the far flung Saints fans are gathering in their thousands to join the locals!

Just got my sister to go round to where my personal stuff is stored while I work abroad and asked her to count how many Saints programs I have,  number 413, and when I was really young my dad did not buy a program also I think I have lost some, (possibly thrown away by accident).  Unfortunately I cannot make every game but I am hoping to become a regular again when I retire in a few years time or will I be just another Glory hunter turning up because we have won the league and cup double in 2018 :laugh:

Just got my sister to go round to where my personal stuff is stored while I work abroad and asked her to count how many Saints programs I have, number 413, and when I was really young my dad did not buy a program also I think I have lost some, (possibly thrown away by accident). Unfortunately I cannot make every game but I am hoping to become a regular again when I retire in a few years time or will I be just another Glory hunter turning up because we have won the

league and cup double in 2018 :laugh:

Edited by Paul N Shark

Well t my mum and dad are season ticket holders both now (87)  as is the rest of their row in the main stand they have been all there for about 20 years , many off them are not  now  regulars as because when they get older they occasional shall we say find themselves unavailable to attend games, they all still buy their season tickets ( My Mum actually missed the whole season a couple years ago) , they are no going to the final. But they have ,sons  daughter-in-laws, grandchildren, and possibly great grand children going (still trying to convince the parents ). These glory hunters are going because of them and to support this team called Saints that means so much to them.

My daughter is coming with me to the football for the first time in her life (she is 20 now)my son is coming with me for the only the  3rd time this season, my brother is coming to his first Saints game since Monaco at home. We are also being joined by another 44 "glory hunters " on the Peebles Saints bus. So I say glory hunters  the more the merrier

:roll:  at the original post.

I'm sure the majority of regulars have non-regulars attending.

Hell, I'm not a regular these days but my Mrs and eldest daughter are both coming. My old man is taking the wife to her first game. I'm sure this sort of thing is happening accross the board.

:roll:  at the original post.

I'm sure the majority of regulars have non-regulars attending.

Hell, I'm not a regular these days but my Mrs and eldest daughter are both coming. My old man is taking the wife to her first game. I'm sure this sort of thing is happening accross the board.

As he said, everyone that goes regular/now and again, seems to be taking two or three extras, parents, wifes etc, but lets be honest who wants their other halfs there every week!!!

My misses has never been to a football match with me, she spent her youth going to the saints matches with her gran Ethel and dad Ronnie ' .. 8 plus years we have been together, and we are going to enjoy the occasion with our kids. I cannot wait. I know rangers and celtic fans who have kitted out in our colours for the day, my bro in law is a dundonian ( lived in perth for 25 years ) but got him and my nephews the scarfs and tops, feck he's even bought himself a blue wig...

Time to drop all the glory hunting digs, the where have you been awe season chat!! I couldn't give a feck if you've been to 1 game or a thousand games. If blue is your choice of colour just for one day for the day that'll do me. The vibe about town has been unreal over the past few days when I've been talking to people... Old n young, near or far - been before or never -- who gives a flying feck. As long as you enjoy the day and sing n shout your wee heart out

Coys

I think every McDiarmid Park regular wants to see as many people as possible supporting Saints at the Cup Final, no matter how often they have been to matches in the past. It must be remembered though if it was not for the regular attender there would not be days like the Cup Final to enjoy. I always read the reports on Perthshire Cricket Club and wanted them to win but would never go and see them, sadly they no longer exist.

Hopefully the Cup Final might entice people to come to McDiarmid in the future, especially as we have a generation that think football is for watching on television. The product might not be as good as what Real Madrid produce but it is our team, from our area, and we should be 100% behind them.

So lets all enjoy this great achievement and the next two weeks leading to the biggest, and most important match, in the St.Johnstone's history!!!