Tommy Wright

50yrs a Saint

On BBC sport gossip that Tommy say he will be more than happy if still managing Saints in ten years time. Best year ever so far as Saints supporter and if we win cup then better have another Hall of Fame Dinner when Tommy and his squad can be inducted as heroes forever!

Great news,I believe he and his team have become immortal by reaching the final against all the odds. The win would be put them on the highest pedestal where they will remain forever.

The Sun did a really heart breaking interview with him yesterday and he comes across as a very astute and honest man. He understands the needs of the club and gets on great with the Chairman. Sound guy in my opinion!

Missed that. How can it be seen now, any ideas? Thanks

Missed that. How can it be seen now, any ideas? Thanks

I don't know - sorry! If you want pm me your email address and once I've finished writing my school reports for the day I'll attempt to scan the article into the computer and email you it. There's a Part 2 in today' Sun.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching game back on TV and biscuits is on saying that Lomas had lost the dressing room before he left. Is that news? Don't remember hearing that before?

If he moaned to the players as much as he moaned to the supporters, I am surprised they didn't move changing rooms and not tell him,,

I thought it was fairly noticeable at the time. We didn't seem as much of a 'team' as we do now and, of course, there were disciplinary issues both on and off the pitch as well as an alleged incident involving the manager (allegedly). It was alleged.

Lomas has to be given credit for a top 3 finish but, as Stuart Cosgrove said, I think there is more to being a great manager. For me, Tommy Wright is definitely the best man for the job.

Tommy looks the part. I doubt if anyone would mess with him but at the same time he seems a really decent guy and someone you would totally respect. We are so lucky to have him. Oh and if I had to pick an assistant for him who better than Callum.

Contrast with McNamara.!? Say no more.He needs to learn to stop making barbed comments and grow up.

For me Tommy Wright is probably the most liked and respected manager we've had since Alex Totten.

Even with Sturrock there were detractors and he rubbed a few people up the wrong way. Same with McInnes.

Tommy is a brilliant ambassador for the club and not to shabby a manager either. He has the dressing room, the owners, the press and the fans all onside and speaks very eloquently for the club; you could actually believe he'd been involved in the club all his life.

Aye OK, he had the bust up with McNamara; but as the DABs proved on Saturday night they go in the huff and will even start fighting amongst themselves when thing don't go their way.

Where Tommy is better than Alex is his empathy with the club. He knows the chequebook has to stay locked in Brown's drawer and just gets in with it.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/how-tragic-son-inspired-northern-ireland-star-tommy-wright-to-a-legendary-cup-victory-30284285.html

I had never been aware of this story about Tommy's son

I'm so glad for Tommy that he got the victory. He is a great guy.

Was on the plane from Belfast there and back on Saturday with many of his family who seemed a lovely bunch of people too

Edited by belfastsaintee

From the Herald online:

"Former manager Steve Lomas yesterday praised the club on their historic victory, saying: "I am so happy for the team and my old assistant Tommy Wright, but especially for the old chairman Geoff Brown and his son Steve.

"The Brown family have done so much for the football club over nearly 30 years. I'm so chuffed for the older lads like Frazer Wright, Dave Mackay, Steven Anderson and Chris Millar, who have missed out so often in the past."

Well good on him for having a good word to say.

Tommy Wright is brilliant. His devotion and adoration he has for the club shines through completely. A very sincere man who is the perfect manager for St Johnstone. He needs to be tied up soonest and with a package that stops him even thinking of moving away. He, as we all have, has watched what mislead ambition can do in the way of Lomas. TW is fast becoming an "all time" great St Johnstone manager. The fact that his present tenure is short doesnt matter. The good thing now is that when things go wrong for a wee spell, the fans will keep calm. He has just won his "untouchable" badge and it will last for a very, very long time. As far as being Lomas' "assistant".....well that is something we will laugh about in years to come. I was talking with the STV presenter on Friday night and he was fishing a bit when asking about Lomas. I said to him, out of the two...who do you think will be the most successful manager......we both agreed that the correct one left for The Den. 

In the paper today it says he is being offered a 2 year contract extension.

He says he wants to stay for 10.

They are putting their house on the market & moving over here.

Is this contentment.Has he found place in life or does he lack ambition.

I love you Tommy.