Tommy Wright

50yrs a Saint

Just watched his interview after the cup final. He said he had another year of his contract left but is expecting to sit down with the chairman to extend in in next few days.Don`t think that has happened & if it has have never heard anything about it.

Steve Lomas probably knew that he needed a man like Tommy Wright behind him when he moved from Saints.!thats why he wasnt talking tae  him.!?

I was under the impression that TW was the man the players would listen too before Lomas,plus Tommy was a lot more influential in the dressing room and at training. Problem was that Lomas as manager always got the final decisions,i think he actually shrugged of too much of Tommys advice. Obvious to say Lomas is more of a lost sheep without Tommy,his loss was our gain

• 10 months later...

It's always difficult to compare people from different eras, Ormond was fantastic, sadly he left for the Scotland job before he could finish his work here. However, Tommy has been fantastic, I believe he was the actual "manager" when Lomas was here, with that time added TW has had some run.

Steve Brown has to tie him down, then make him sign a longer contract.

The sad thing is, the more successful we are the more he will get noticed, then more chance of him being poached.

A great end to the season and Saints one game away from another shot at Europe. But as already posted it doesnt seem that long ago some posters would have gladly seen the back of TW. There were constant moans regarding his tactics and substitutions being the main concerns. The cup exits being the pinnacle. Never the less, considering what he had to put up with from the boardroom last summer he ended up doing a superb job to end the season on a high. The signs so far are he has the full backing of the board early and is pursuing potential targets. If Tommy gets most of his realistic signing targets then I believe we could be in for a huge and memorable season next year

Think he'll only be properly appreciated when he leaves. The cups obviously very disappointing but yet again yesterday we won a "big" game. This is becoming a fantastic habit. It's not that long ago we used to blow up at home to Clyde as we had the chance to get within a couple of points of them!

Aberdeen were on holiday yesterday but we never looked panicked. Thoroughly professional throughout. Just wish I'd enjoy the games a bit more instead of sitting nervously! Was never in doubt.

Tommy won a cup and there's the Europe thing, but Willie competed, let's be truely honest here, against vastly better competition. Equal at present. I think if Tommy gets us truly out of the yo yo thing, he moves ahead imo.

He competed at a time when Scottish players were up there with the best in Europe so it stands to reason that not only were the opposition better, but we were better too.

Tommy for me. In 2 season he's brought us a major trophy and if the cup final goes our way, qualified for Europe twice.

Football is results based, Tommy far surpasses anything Ormond achieved.

In 50 years from now Tommy will be seen as the better manager and those people in their later years will reminisce about the team from the past 4 seasons in much the same as those that witnessed Ormond's team do now.

I think the difference may lie in the fact that Tommy is clearly trying to put in place a youth and scouting policy, and Broon continuing the sound Governance, that may make top division normal and sustainable, rather than a once a decade wee adventure. Could be we're at the point where we stop being a wee team!

It's always difficult to compare people from different eras, Ormond was fantastic, sadly he left for the Scotland job before he could finish his work here. However, Tommy has been fantastic, I believe he was the actual "manager" when Lomas was here, with that time added TW has had some run.

Steve Brown has to tie him down, then make him sign a longer contract.

The sad thing is, the more successful we are the more he will get noticed, then more chance of him being poached.

I get rather pissed off when people doubt how fantastic Steve Lomas was.....

He is responsible for a lot of great stuff...and we as Saintees should be grateful for his time...