Tommy Wright

50yrs a Saint

Disagree over Fraser,  I think he is going to develop into a good player. Like all young players he will need to bulk up and learn, don't think he believes in the hype.

You have probably seen him more than me but because of the publicity surrounding him over the past few weeks I took a good look at him against Saints & Partick & honestly thought he was average.

For a 20 year old Fraser is well built. He will bulk up more but he is not a light weight. He went to Airdrie and leaned a lot about how to work for the team and putting in the effort. He could be every bit as good as Armstrong.

And Beatson never mind next bloody week, get it sorted. Who's going to teach Dow to lure the defence into a false sense of security before pouncing and scoring 3? In fairness he's got the first half down to a tee.

Hoodlum's comment starts here, in reply to Jamie's post " Thanks for that Jamie, for a mo I thought it was one of King Arthur's knights you had talks with" Hoodlum's comment has ended.(feck, it shows ODAB's post)

Speaking on behalf of all Dundee United fans and the Black community...

In truth I'm not sure there is any one favourite as such amongst the United fans. The only one who would be almost unanimously welcomed would be Levein but that isn't happening. Wright and Hughes are the two who probably have the least number of detractors that I've read today but still have those that don't want them. The main doubts with regards Wright are whether he can organise and motivate given the players at his disposal. Weirdly it is his ability to have done that with Saints that are the things most want him for. I think he'd at very worse do a decent job and would make sure we weren't involved in a relegation battle come May.

A couple of points I would make though. Firstly, as much as I don't expect Wright to come the lure of a bigger wage and bigger budget whilst not having to move house etc would have an appeal. I wouldn't be gobsmacked if he did come though still don't think it will happen. Secondly the whole nonsense about an unstable background and the likes. Houston was given support throughout his time and left after it became clear he wasn't going to sign a new contract and his position became untenable. McNamara was given backing throughout his time and even after the horrendous run he went on after January last season he was still given time and resources to correct that. Unfortunately that was a task he wasn't up to. ST backs his managers and certainly isn't trigger happy. The club is in a very strong financial position and despite the dross come from a small, vocal group of United "fans"   (seem to recall there was a group on here calling Steve Brown all the names not that long ago) we're in very good nick off the field. Now we need somebody to do the same on the pitch.

Edited by HOODLUM65

Some fuse Steve Brown just lit for himself today if Tommy does go. 

'Dear St Johnstone fans, on whom the club depends in order to exist, I lie and deceive you, and publically embarrass you because you are stupid c**ts, love SB'

nobody is that stupid surely???

Edited by montrosesaintee

Wright is going.

MacBookies 4/7 !

Remember when Brown and Wright were butting heads after the cup final about his contract?

I can imagine Wright is as loyal to Saints as he was to Lomas.

50K may well be written into his contract.

Where does Wright want to end up...United, England....or the national job with NI ?

Suck it up.....Wright is [sadly] going.

He is going NOWHERE right now and  certainly WON'T be the next Dundee Utd manager.  you can take that to the bank.:wink:

'Dear St Johnstone fans, on whom the club depends in order to exist, I lie and deceive you, and publically embarrass you because you are stupid c**ts, love SB'

Actually think that Broon has done well. Cos if Wright does go it'll be because he has asked to.

I think it was a pretty ballsy call from Steve today and one the fans wanted to hear. I may be naive but it seemed to be the proverbial shot across the bows at Thompson we were calling for.

It seems Brown is damned by a few on here regardless of what he does. Had he kept quiet fans would have been grumbling. He makes the club's position pretty damn clear. i.e. unless Wright says he wants to go, then no amount of money will sway the club. So far, if we are to believe what we are hearing, Wright is quite happy where he is. If he does move, it will be of his doing not the club's.

It seems Brown is damned by a few on here regardless of what he does. Had he kept quiet fans would have been grumbling. He makes the club's position pretty damn clear. i.e. unless Wright says he wants to go, then no amount of money will sway the club. So far, if we are to believe what we are hearing, Wright is quite happy where he is. If he does move, it will be of his doing not the club's.

I absolutely agree, my post was in reaction to the assumption that the bookies odds mean he's as good as gone. 

Not me I think he's shown fantastic integrity and loyalty to the fans by his statement

Well done SB you truly have taken my management skills to heart...

And I honestly mean that I am impressed

I absolutely agree, my post was in reaction to the assumption that the bookies odds mean he's as good as gone. 

Bookies odds simply reflect the money going in. Wright was 3/1 this morning before Dundee United officially approached Saints. Unsurprisingly a lot of people thought that 3/1 with an official approach was a good price, so piled money in. But it doesn't mean that anything further has happened one way or the other.

The truth is United are pretty much a side wards step at the moment.

A successful season for them is a top four finish and the odd cup win..... That's very much in Tommy's grasp here.

I also don't see how Tommy's style is suited to United's business plan? He trusts our experienced players majorly and has brought in the likes of Cummins rather than giving Chris Kane time. As fantastic as Tommy had been for us, I think we are very much suited to him and there will be other clubs that would suit him better in the future.

There's a big meeting at Mc D just know with all the directors, here's hoping it's a better contract offer for Tommy.

lm getting a wee bit worried about this, would be gutted to see him managing Utd.

There are board meetings every Monday , usually in the afternoon I believe.

Edited by sjfc99