Tommy Wright

50yrs a Saint

Why has Tommy not come out there week and made a comment, a catagorical staying at saints....he will have been asked umpteen time no doubt..... just wondering? (he made some standard reply last week or whenever it was).....

Sometimes things just take time....not everyone lives in the online/social media world of passing out instant information and declaring your immediate thoughts and opinions.....some people prefer to live quietly and keep their cards close to their chest.....maybe a good thing......

Edited by Coltrane

Zander Clark signs contract extension till end of 2018 season pictured next to Tommy Wright mm I would think zander would not of signed for so long if he didn't know what the manager was doing think Tommy will have signed or be close to signing a deal as well

While I'm confident Tommy will be staying at Saints, I very much doubt it had any bearing on Zander's decision.  He's a (very) young goalkeeper with less than 2 games at the top level who has just been offered a 3 year contract extension - doubt if the manager's future had a bearing on him accepting it.

I'm sure Tommy won't be going to Tannadice.  The problem we have now is Championship clubs down South will be looking at/linked with him.

While I'm confident Tommy will be staying at Saints, I very much doubt it had any bearing on Zander's decision.  He's a (very) young goalkeeper with less than 2 games at the top level who has just been offered a 3 year contract extension - doubt if the manager's future had a bearing on him accepting it.

I'm sure Tommy won't be going to Tannadice.  The problem we have now is Championship clubs down South will be looking at/linked with him.

Zander's deal was agreed before the United game. 

Why has Tommy not come out there week and made a comment, a catagorical staying at saints....he will have been asked umpteen time no doubt..... just wondering? (he made some standard reply last week or whenever it was).....

Because if he did he might not get as much of a pay rise as he will if SB is scared of losing him?

I would expect to see both Tommy Wright and John Hughes shaking their current chairman's hand having signed their new deals in the next few days. Strange that Neymar mentioned interest from Man U the other day just as he starts negotiating a new contract. United looking at people who currently successful as well as looking at those that are already available. Nothing wrong with that, if they're told no then at least they asked. I don't think there is any one manager that would get overall support from the United fans at present other than Levein and he won't come. General assertion amongst fans is we need an experienced manager who can organise and motivate. Wright falls into that category as does Hughes. These guys are good SPFL managers but they're always going to have some fans who don't want them for various reasons. Some United fans have the perception Saints are hammer throwers. Equally many think they are a well organised side that use physicality in a positive way. Football fans tend to see what they want to see. Somebody mentioned Cathro, personally I would love Billy McKinlay (having spoke to somebody who worked with him at Fulham a couple of years back I think he could be an excellent manager if given the chance) but these types of appointment are seen as too risky at present.

Now I'm away to look up how you spell IQ.

this is where I could not agree with you more.  

Of if he's wanting to stay and the utd job is not for him your damn right he should be saying. 

Just goes to show how the bookies are such a brilliant indicator of how things will pan out. Yogi 25/1 to 1/4 in 12 hours, Tommy Wright 2/5 to 8/1 in the same time.

maybe betting odds are a better indicator down south, where millions of votes are placed, but up here, on such and insignificant thing, where the punters have no inside knowledge, a handful of bets skews the odds all over the place.

I would expect to see both Tommy Wright and John Hughes shaking their current chairman's hand having signed their new deals in the next few days. Strange that Neymar mentioned interest from Man U the other day just as he starts negotiating a new contract. United looking at people who currently successful as well as looking at those that are already available. Nothing wrong with that, if they're told no then at least they asked. I don't think there is any one manager that would get overall support from the United fans at present other than Levein and he won't come. General assertion amongst fans is we need an experienced manager who can organise and motivate. Wright falls into that category as does Hughes. These guys are good SPFL managers but they're always going to have some fans who don't want them for various reasons. Some United fans have the perception Saints are hammer throwers. Equally many think they are a well organised side that use physicality in a positive way. Football fans tend to see what they want to see. Somebody mentioned Cathro, personally I would love Billy McKinlay (having spoke to somebody who worked with him at Fulham a couple of years back I think he could be an excellent manager if given the chance) but these types of appointment are seen as too risky at present.

Now I'm away to look up how you spell IQ.

Caber Tossers always have thing about "Hammer Throwers" so do "Dummy Spitters" like yer Ex Manager.!  As far as United are concerned of late.! Saints are Party Throwers.!

this is where I could not agree with you more.  

Of if he's wanting to stay and the utd job is not for him your damn right he should be saying. 

Yes this would be great for the fans, but it would give Tommy less leverage when it comes to negotiating an improved contract.

If wee Steve knows that Tommy wants to stay, and he know that he is going to stay regardless of any other interested shown, then there's no real need to offer the guy an improved contract when he still has 2 years left on his current deal. If, though, there is the likelihood of another club coming in and bidding for his services, then he knows he needs to up his game and open the wallet a bit more. Keep him sweet.

It's business. Nice guy or not, if these new contract rumours are true, then Wright's public reaction (or lack thereof) to these United rumours will have no doubt earned him a nice solid chunk of extra cash each month from the Brooners. It's just a job remember.

more likely to be the next Northern Ireland manager. Seeing as Michael O'Neill would not confirm on contract situation and his future, I think it is highly possible that TW will be taking Norn Iron to France.

Im not up to speed on this, but who else would be top 3 after O'Neil these days, and is Tommy really in that mix?