Tommy Wright

50yrs a Saint

maybe we should give everyone improved contracts every 6 months? Might keep South Inch happy. 

Possibly the most nonsensical post I've ever seen on here and that takes some doing! 

Where did that interpretation come from?  If Steve Brown is happy to revise a contract that is just over a year old then my working life experience suggests that he had some slack in his original negotiation that was not taken up.  Also as a well trained business man he sees the writing on the wall and is moving to secure the best deal for Saints in a future negotiation.  Nothing wrong with that whatsoever but there is no need to become offensive just because I don't think Tommy's interests have been paramount in this.

South Inch

say you liked your window cleaner, he does a great job and charges you £20 each time, as that was his price when you struck the deal.

would you for no apparent reason other than that you could afford it offer him £30?

Say though his skills as a window cleaner became known and he received more bookings than he could realistically carry out. He may think that he will only take customers that pay £30. Knowing him and how good his work is, you may very well then pay him £30 to retain his services

now, does that make the situation any clearer at a level you may understand?

Let it go, you're wrong. Suck it up, move on

South Inch

say you liked your window cleaner, he does a great job and charges you £20 each time, as that was his price when you struck the deal.

would you for no apparent reason other than that you could afford it offer him £30?

Say though his skills as a window cleaner became known and he received more bookings than he could realistically carry out. He may think that he will only take customers that pay £30. Knowing him and how good his work is, you may very well then pay him £30 to retain his services

You'll have to come up with a better example than that.  There can be no comparison between cleaning windows and performing miracles on a constrained budget managing Saints.  Sorry but I don't like the suggestion that I don't understand what I'm talking about when my " crime" is seeing things from a viewpoint favourable to Tommy.  I repeat yet again, I have no problem with Steve Brown whatsoever. 

You'll have to come up with a better example than that.  There can be no comparison between cleaning windows and performing miracles on a constrained budget managing Saints.  Sorry but I don't like the suggestion that I don't understand what I'm talking about when my " crime" is seeing things from a viewpoint favourable to Tommy.  I repeat yet again, I have no problem with Steve Brown whatsoever. 

You're making it sound as if Steve Brown held TW at gun point to sign his previous contract, its not as if it would be for peanuts anyway. As i said, with every contract, and every passing season he performs, he'll get a pay rise, he was likely getting one before he entered the final year of his contract anyway, but the United situations brought it forward.

You're making it sound as if Steve Brown held TW at gun point to sign his previous contract, its not as if it would be for peanuts anyway. As i said, with every contract, and every passing season he performs, he'll get a pay rise, he was likely getting one before he entered the final year of his contract anyway, but the United situations brought it forward.

Sorry if I gave that impression.  I think it is possible that Steve had not reached his maximum offer level at the point agreement was reached.  I have no problem with his approach and most certainly none with your viewpoint.

Sorry if I gave that impression.  I think it is possible that Steve had not reached his maximum offer level at the point agreement was reached.  I have no problem with his approach and most certainly none with your viewpoint.

You seem to be creating arguments out of nowhere, in my opinion. I'll ask again though, since you decided to ignore my earlier question...

Your point seems to be that SB should have improved Tommy's contract at some point between June 2014 and the current Dundee United rumours, taking place in October 2015. Could you explain to me, very specifically please, at which point during the last 12-18 months should Brown have offered these improved terms, and what exactly Tommy has done during the last 12-18 months to warrant such an improvement? Facts, figures and statistics please, no opinions or embellishments.

Where did that interpretation come from?  If Steve Brown is happy to revise a contract that is just over a year old then my working life experience suggests that he had some slack in his original negotiation that was not taken up.  Also as a well trained business man he sees the writing on the wall and is moving to secure the best deal for Saints in a future negotiation.  Nothing wrong with that whatsoever but there is no need to become offensive just because I don't think Tommy's interests have been paramount in this.

You should stop digging now really.  You're probably right that Tommy's interests haven't been paramount though - in the Browns' eyes, St Johnstone's interests should always be paramount.  I for one am very glad they have taken this view for the last 29 years. 

South Inch

^^^^Lives in a huge hoose - obviously loaded.  :)

Back in to odds on favourite again :?

--------

Has Tommy signed the new contract with the Broons?

I'm going to be really fuking miffed if he ended up at the arabs, although I get it if they are offering too much money, Saints 'stewardship' will always win that battle.

............this looks very dodgy if he hasn't re-signed.

Its because someone put a bet on him after a few days of nothing, nothing more. All the United fans are being whipped into a frenzy by Jim Spence again on Twitter so his odds will likely drop again when they all start pumping money on him. Their logic seems to go that if hes not signed a new contract then hes definitely leaving us.

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=3832

Surprise surprise

I bet there are still forum members who think he'll be at united before the end of the week though 'because the bookies said so'.

Great stuff, we were all getting a bit nervous.

Lets have a big turn out for the Partick game and call it Tommy Wright day -show our support for a great manager.