Tommy Wright

50yrs a Saint

What does Tommy have to do??? Congrats to Mikey on player of month but once again Tommy overlooked, this time for Alan Archibald of Thistle for a loss a draw and two wins. Tommy has 3 wins and draw and didn't get a look in again!!! Just keep plugging away as you are Tommy, at least we can see you are the best in SPFL.

You're including the October 31st matches. In November, we've had 2 wins and 1 draw. Thistle have achieved the same, but their results have been more convincing. No qualms about Archibald winning it, though I think that Tommy deserved to win it over Deila in October.

Partick Thistle: Alan Archibald is manager of the month

Partick Thistle's Alan Archibald was thrilled to be named Premiership manager of the month for November.

But the 37-year-old Jags boss thinks St Johnstone's Tommy Wright should have picked up the award instead.

Thistle took seven points from nine last month, scoring eight goals.

"I was delighted with the award but a wee bit embarrassed to be honest," said Archibald. "I thought Tommy Wright would have got it as St Johnstone have been on a fantastic run."

Even the recipient agrees! From BBC Sport!!

I think he'a unlucky this month but last month?

You can't lose at home to Patrick & win it.

If you pick up more points than every team other than Celtic in the month of October, you can lose at home to Partick and still win it. On that occasion, Ronny (probably justifiably) won the prize. I do think that the nature of results and opposition should also be partly taken into account. Celtic, with a vast budget, scraped wins over two of the league's weaker sides. We won one less match during that month, but two of the victories were particularly outstanding (4-2 v Hamilton and 5-1 v Aberdeen). Winning with 10 men away to Caley Thistle wasn't bad either.

He's just a bloody nice bloke isn't he? It's no wonder the media love him. 

‘Would I be interested in managing Northern Ireland one day? For me as a player, international football was the pinnacle and I’m deeply proud of where I come from Maybe one day in the future it would be of interest but I’ve got so much I want to achieve at St Johnstone.

If I keep doing well here then who knows what interest there will be in future? But I’ve told the chairman I might move up to be the club’s first sporting director and be here for another 12 years. I think that frightens him,’ he jokes

Belter. Make this happen. Never mind the NI job. Tommy is SJFC4LYF.

Sometimes a club and a character just fit. Saints need someone with an optimistic persona and a strong character. I can't think of a better manager for our club, and I can't think of a better club for our manager, if that makes sense.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Sometimes a club and a character just fit. Saints need someone with an optimistic persona and a strong character. I can't think of a better manager for our club, and I can't think of a better club for our manager, if that makes sense.

that's a fantastic point and the reason he didn't entertain DUFC  Sometimes having a great life and a club along with family support is all people need .. Tommy went through a tragedy he feels he has a family around him at saints hence your point the club is a great fit for Tommy  

I know you can. I chose not to, if that's ok?

Tommy is, indeed, a God.

Of course it's ok, it's just a bizarre choice to make, Lomas got us to Europe two years running including finishing third for only the third time in our history. He's undoubtably in our top five managers in our history, possibly even top three. 

Of course it's ok, it's just a bizarre choice to make, Lomas got us to Europe two years running including finishing third for only the third time in our history. He's undoubtably in our top five managers in our history, possibly even top three. 

He gets automatically demoted 5 places though for being an utter c**t