Song Before Game And Card Display Plans. Spread The Word.

bigstu

Drum is going.

Looking for vounteers to help with the set up of the card display. This will take place on Friday 16th of May with a morning start. If available, please get in touch. Thanks.

Are you the drummer? I am hoping to bring my trumpet to do EsEs number or whatever Supersaint decides to do.

If trumpet and drum got close together, maybe even near front just for the big scarf twirling effort at start, it could be quite effective.

Thoughts? 

Are you the drummer? I am hoping to bring my trumpet to do EsEs number or whatever Supersaint decides to do.

If trumpet and drum got close together, maybe even near front just for the big scarf twirling effort at start, it could be quite effective.

Thoughts? 

braw

Thoughts?

I don't play the drum, but do take it to the games. Pretty sure that the drum will be in the top tier, roughly in the middle of the stand. Send me over a message and we'll try get something sorted. Edited by PerthSaints_1884

Looking again at EsEs number v Besiktas number, I can see the Besiktas falling flat on its face if we don't all pick it up and quickly.

The EsEs number in my mind is the better option to hope to get 15000 saintees going for it and really doing something we remember a the mother of all chants for the final.

Supersaint (and others), I think we need to decide on which one we are going to do and go for it.  

My suggestion would be to get the EsEs tune played over tannoy system tomorrow and then at least a good hardcore group of fans will have heard it, know what to expect and give us more chance of getting it off the ground at the final where stadium and numbers will be a tad different!

If I'm to bring my trumpet from Norwich to stand in front of 15000 and blow my arse off, I'd prefer to know it will have been worth it and that there's a good chance everyone will join in!!

The Who could be playing on the pitch plugged into their biggest ever stack of amps and you still wouldn't hear them at 2:55, you're not going to hear a trumpet.

I would be delighted if no-one was to hear a trumpet at 2.55!  I think this is why supersaint is suggesting that he 'directs' from in front of the saints fans.

Believe me, lugging a trumpet from Norwich and then around the game is not what i had in mind.  I am only trying to contribute to something that I think might be good to do.  If it is felt that it is a waist of time I'll keep both arms for drinking, no problem. 

As said, if others don't fancy it I can think of better things to do than lug my trumpet all way from Norwich and with me during game. Am quite happy not to bring and wouldn't have suggested if I didn't think it would help create something a bit special before the game. 

Think your spot on with sticking to too the es es number and I for one would love you to bring your trumpet! It will definately be unique and I think the vast majority of fans will either know the tune or be able to quickly pick it up. For me it would set things up brilliantly for the card display and should make a fantastic spectacle that could well form a lasting memory for thousands of people!

If you are in any doubt about bringing it you could make a poll thread up to gauge people's opinion but I don't think that's necessary.

Bring on the trumpet!

I think what ever happens on the day everyone needs to be singing from the same song sheet so to speak. maybe along with the card display, a set of instructions as to what's going to happen regarding the scarfs and and the chant and when to do the display!

Either a leaflet at the gates as you come in or with the card display or posters...... Let's get it right and not make it a failure.

And next season lets get the same thing going at Mc D before the games, get everyone pumped up for every game.

For those not on Facebook, there are plans to have a card display for when the team come out, with an organised chant/song just before it. Video below of the song we will do. Trying to see if we can get a trumpet player involved, but need to check with the police.

Supersaint is going to coordinate it all hopefully, but we need as many fans as possible to know the plan and spread the word.

Just keep playing this before the game all night and chant it during the game so EVERYONE gets the way of how it goes......

Just keep playing this before the game all night and chant it during the game so EVERYONE gets the way of how it goes......

Simple.  Agree.  Shame I can't make it up from Norwich to accompany on the trumpet tomorrow.  Hopefully by 17th that's all I'll be needed for, a wee bit of accompaniment to support the masses.  Will listen out for it on the box tomorrow.....

This isn't anything new to people who go to the games , the young team try this now and again . It would be good if everyone done it though . We need the bus conveners to play it on the way to glasgow and the times square etc playing it for fans coming off the trains so everyone "gets it" so it doesn't fall flat . Perfect time would be when the day-glo's do their card thing .

Edited by andy rhodes fancy watch

This isn't anything new to people who go to the games , the young team try this now and again . It would be good if everyone done it though . We need the bus conveners to play it on the way to glasgow and the times square etc playing it for fans coming off the trains so everyone "gets it" so it doesn't fall flat . Perfect time would be when the day-glo's do their card thing .

is kevin no given oot cds for the buses?

Well, just had a blast along with EsEs link.  Neighbours none too chuffed but am ready to do my bit come the 17th.  Flying into Edinburgh so am travelling through by car, but intend being early at ground. Happy to give it laldy outside and inside ground, so plenty of rehearsing opportunity before main event around 2.55!!  

As you say, 'would be great if everyone did it'. 

Already almost 700 people who have joined a page talking about this on Facebook, and we will try to get EVERY bus on board, with an announcement made on all buses.  That should let about 5000 people know.  If everyone then tells everyone around them, then we will have enough people to make it AMAZING...

It is still uncertain as to whether SuperSaint will be allowed to orchestrate it, but if not, here is THE PLAN....... IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. (includes singing, and the card display)

At 2:50pm, everyone starts shouting. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" whilst putting both hands in air with fingers moving.

When everyone has joined in, everyone says "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Any trumpets we can get on board then play the start of Espana (if those directly around the trumpet in section 141 can also sing the trumpet part to make it loud)... when this happens, we all crouch down and stand up at the relevant point throwing our scarves in the air. (video below)

When the trumpet part has finished, everyone starts singing the song, and twirls their scarves, and jumps around...

When the team appear from the tunnel, everyone then holds up the coloured card that is on their seat (will be slotted at the back)

At this time, everyone sings the slow version of "oh when the saints" as loud as possible.

After this, when the game is about to start, we all put our coloured card down, and start the Espana chant again, to create an amazing spectacle and atmosphere from the very start of the game.

After that, no more plans... We don't want anything forced.  Just want to try to have the best chance to create the best EVER atmosphere that any saints fan has EVER experienced.

Please share and explain to everyone who is going.  Share before the game, and explain to others on the day of the game.  Tell everyone on the buses. Lets make this a hair raising moment.

VIDEO SHOWING THE CHANT...

Edited by bigstu