Song Before Game And Card Display Plans. Spread The Word.

bigstu

Had been swapping messages on here in the build up with Norwich Saint about the trumpet, chant and scarves.

Was in town last night and bumped into a saintee I hadn't seen for probably over 10 years. We were at school together and used to take in saints games at muirton. A few away trips, midweek at recreation park and a 3-0 humping at stenny late 80's spring to mind. Anyway he asks if I saw the guy with the trumpet, it was him, he is Norwich Saint!!!

Small world

Great effort Brian, hope you and the young lad had a great day... And your pint is still sitting on the bar in that bar, I didn't forget, just took half an hour to get served!!!!

Would love to see a vid of the scarves, must have looked superb! At 3.01pm yesterday got a text from a utd fan mate sitting at other end said "saints fans are going mental behind the goal" Very pwoud!

Hate to say it Livi but you are a Prick sir, The pub I was in was certainly bouncing ( The wifeie behind the Bar who I presume will have seen some big nights o fitba in her day said there may not be many but by Christ their noisy)   so enjoy this  Occasion and stop trying to point score with the I was in turkey ,Norway Shite. If you had said the Dabs support I would have agreed with you But No the saints yesterday. Now I am away out to see the Cup going around Perth . COYS  

I was in the corner next to the north stand and tbh, could not here the trumpet nor fans very well. The music over the tannoy was too loud and drowned out the fans. IMO there should be no music played at that time. It should be the fans making the noise.

Atmosphere was very virtually non existent in the pub before hand. Any other teams fans would be bouncing on the tables etc.

Too many day trippers, and non saints fans there.

I sat right at end of the the jock stein at the end where the corner was segregated. Never heard the trumpet once, only knew the song had started when the scarves started going. Thought the atmosphere was good especially at the goals but cup finals are always going to be like that. Mr and one guy behind me were the only ones singing the whole game. The family sitting beside us left to get different seats after they asked me if i would stop swearing and shouting in front of their kids. I enjoyed the game, we won it was emotional. Well done to everyone who put the effort into to do this and the display. I thought it looked good with the scarves and flags especially in the middle section behind the goal

Atmos even in the north stand was amazing. Folk were up and down like a whore's draws, all sorts of folk young and old joining in the singing, almost 100% on the scarf twirling, etc etc etc. View of the JS stand was inspirational.

The boy in front of us had flown in from Melbourne to watch the game. He went mental from minute 1 to 90, then broke down completely at the end, and was subjected to a mass hug from which he will probably have bruises for weeks. So we couldn't hear the trumpet player - it was enough to know that some loonie from Norwich had brought  it all the way up and was doing his best.

Totally agree I was in the North stand and people were singing, twirling their scarves and were up and down. Apologies to the man from Dorset who I turned to and hugged at the end of the match, it just had to be done even though you were at least a foot plus taller than me.

View of the JS was brilliant, yes we didn't hear the trumpet start but we took our cue from those in the JS and joined in as son as we could. Definitely was an atmosphere so I am afraid I don't agree with Livi Saint. As to the day trippers as far as I am concerned they were more than welcome. Great day great result great hangover! #wesawsaintsmakehistory

I was in the corner next to the north stand and tbh, could not here the trumpet nor fans very well. The music over the tannoy was too loud and drowned out the fans. IMO there should be no music played at that time. It should be the fans making the noise.

Atmosphere was very virtually non existent in the pub before hand. Any other teams fans would be bouncing on the tables etc.

You must have been at a different game mate. Atmosphere was superb. Dont know what pub you were in but Times Square was rocking both inside and outside. You call some st johnstone fans "day trippers", I call them loved ones who came along to support both their family and the team. AND I WAS IN THE CORNER NEXT TO THE NORTH STAND BTW.

What an atmosphere. In my opinion Celtic Park and the traveling support made it, completely different to the Ibrox experience. I was in North East corner and could hear the trumpet. Loved the singing and scarf waving I have not enjoyed a football game as much as this before and I have been going since 1965. Long may it continue

Totally agree with the posters on here sorry livi saint but you must have been on the moon mate.... Me and my party of 10 arrived around 2.45 in area 441 top tier and IMO the place was absolutely rocking and by 2.55 it was mental bedlam.... Celtic park I hate to say it is MUCH better than hampden for atmosphere as much as I love going to hampden.

Wow. . . . .what a trip!  Just in the door and need to go and say hello to my wife, but before that...........!

It was definitely Tannoy System 1 - Trumpet 0.  The reaction of everyone however was class.  Before I started I knew we were up against it.  Why why why do they have to blast the natural atmosphere out the park, on that note I agree with Livi.  The view I got standing at the front looking up at 12000 fans doing the scarf twirl was a sight to behold.  You were 'simply amazing'. 

We improvised and overcame and boy what a job we did of it!

During the first half the reaction from all within earshot of trumpet was brilliant and we managed to get a fair few songs going.  Too much of a mental and physical wreck in second to play anything.  Am sure not the only one!!

Here's to the next time!

Finally, to Bigstu for putting the idea out there and the boys who got 12000 cards out. . . . .different class.  You helped create a spectacle that we can be proud of on the greatest day in our clubs history. 

Well done Norwich....thanks for giving it plenty. Sorry I didn't see you at the game or before in the times.

I thought the atmosphere was amazing. We were louder than united that's for sure...and they had double the support.

I don't know about anyone else but because it was my first scottish cup final, I didn't quite know how to react to the win at the final whistle....just not got experience in it.....so I just shouted allot and waved my scarf. Coming out the stadium it was quiet....because I think people we're just trying to comprehend what just happened.

I did perk up again though once in the times later in the evening ....and in the Indian takeaway near Central station...the owner was originally from aberfeldy and we got a free sneaky curry out of him...haha.

GET A GRIP AULD YIN 

Was sat in the upper JS (section 442) row J seat 4 (apologies the lady next to me who had to endure at least 3 hugs during the goal celebrations) the atmosphere was good up there constant singing through out the game and thr drum, like ot or loathe it, really helped to keep the momentum going. Great effort by everyone and well do to those that set up the card display. Was also good to catch up with some old school mates in the Drake, some of which I'd not seen in 20 years.

As someone else said the walk back in to town was pretty surreal, nobody really talking. Great day to be part of and given me the kick up the arse to try and get to more games next season

was also in the upper tier of JS stand, just in front of someone with a drum, theres NO WAY there was no atmosphere, ive been to concerts with over 80,000 and the atmosphere and noise we made was ten times better than anything ive ever experienced, and when the final whistle went the place was JUMPING! the whole stand was bouncing - and I mean bouncing, you could feel it move beneath your feet, best atmosphere ive ever experienced in my 35 odd years being a saints fan :D  it will live in my memory forever :D

I was in the corner next to the north stand and tbh, could not here the trumpet nor fans very well. The music over the tannoy was too loud and drowned out the fans. IMO there should be no music played

at that time. It should be the fans making the noise.

Atmosphere was very virtually non existent

in the pub before hand. Any other teams fans would be bouncing on the tables etc.

was in js upper section 442 just left of the young lads with the drum , the atmosphere was brilliant

didnt notice many saints fans not singing where we were

everyone backed the boys from start to finish and a lot of the saints players commented on the great support

The card display looks brilliant. My London wife is amazed our wee City and club could come up with such a display. She assured me it looked fantastic on SKY when the teams came out. Also said that the saints fans were singing loudest when the teams came out. Huge congratulations to those involved. My mate I was staying with, his son went through to Glasgow on the Friday to help set up the cards.....AFTER he had done his paper round. Pure dedicition...well done young Rory Keillor and your mates. 

Livi, stop being so grumpy and join in the fun :laugh: