Perth And Kinross Council

Havana Saint

The role of our local council has been instrumental in ensuring a very collective spirit last week and indeed over the weekend - the banners and flags looked great across the city and the posters sent to all schools was a great initiative, culminating in the greatest day in our history.

Their role has been fantastic in working in partnership with the club.

Great to see fans from all over Perthshire from Kinloch Rannoch to Kinross.

We are Perth - well done PKC in supporting OUR GREAT CLUB.

Perth and Kinross Council have done a fantastic job in recent weeks, however it should not be forgotten that they have done hardly anything to promote or support St Johnstone for a number of years now.

Hopefully the Cup Win will make the pensioners in charge of PKC see the impact that Saints can make on the local communnity and they will continue to back the club in the way the have done in recent weeks. A successful Saints is a major boost for the local communnity. Every pubs, club, restuarant etc were packed on Saturday night and Sunday in Perth.

Perth and Kinross Council have done a fantastic job in recent weeks, however it should not be forgotten that they have done hardly anything to promote or support St Johnstone for a number of years now.

Hopefully the Cup Win will make the pensioners in charge of PKC see the impact that Saints can make on the local communnity and they will continue to back the club in the way the have done in recent weeks. A successful Saints is a major boost for the local communnity. Every pubs, club, restuarant etc were packed on Saturday night and Sunday in Perth.

Well said, although was absolutely stunned to hear that the Twa Tams refused to allow people in on Saturday night wearing St Johnstone tops, and even ejected a few people for singing saints songs.  Absolutely scandalous after such a historic occasion, used to be a big fan of the Tams, but I think it will be a long while before they see my custom again.  Disgraceful. :evil:

Well said, although was absolutely stunned to hear that the Twa Tams refused to allow people in on Saturday night wearing St Johnstone tops, and even ejected a few people for singing saints songs.  Absolutely scandalous after such a historic occasion, used to be a big fan of the Tams, but I think it will be a long while before they see my custom again.  Disgraceful. :evil:

The manager is an Arab. I was in for a bar lunch yestarday and asked for Sky Sports news to be put on to see SB at 115. I was told we don't get that channel.

Simply blew him a kiss as we left!

Agreed. At times it felt like they had it in for Saints. May be that we now have a Saints fan in charge .

Twa Tams now off the list. Shame,used to like it.

The manager is an Arab. I was in for a bar lunch yestarday and asked for Sky Sports news to be put on to see SB at 115. I was told we don't get that channel.

Simply blew him a kiss as we left!

What a bitter fanny he sounds.

I was in the Tams with a few people wearing our Saints gear, no bother at all.

The doorman was very carefully checking the state of people going in, so if not allowed, I'd bet it was just that you were totally mortal :)

Guilty as charged your honour, but it wasn't actually me who was attempting to get into the place, it was one of my mates, I can't actually be sure where I was if i'm being totally honest, bit hazy from about 10pm onwards.  All I do know is I woke up in my bed with a Loft stamp on my wrist so at least I know I wasn't face down in a gutter for a considerable amount of time :cool:

Credit to the P&K council. They are first to be hauled over the coals for over spending on crap/under spending on crap etc etc. And when its the public money they know they are on a hiding. BUT on this occasion and if we had won or lost, they backed the city and people of Perth with their efforts. They were seen to be standing hand in hand with the local businesses. They deserve credit. When the bill comes in for the cost, hopefully it is quickly signed off and put in the out tray without any moans or groans.  

Doesn't surprise me at all. Me and a couple of mates went to the Tams mid-afternoon on the day of the Rosenborg home match. We were just having a quiet drink (weren't even singing/chanting/anything like that) and were made to cover up. Honestly, what damage do these places think our deeply offensive St Johnstone shirts are going to cause?

Anyway, going back to the topic, PKC deserve massive credit for what they've done to back Saints recently. My impression of them has always been that they're a bit apathetic towards their local club, but they've totally proven me wrong. The bunting across the street, the lamppost ads all over the place, the window displays in the vacant shops, the signs all the way along the Glasgow Road, the street parade and possibly best of all the giant hat and scarf on the grouse - that's an amazing effort. Superb work.

Doesn't surprise me at all. Me and a couple of mates went to the Tams mid-afternoon on the day of the Rosenborg home match. We were just having a quiet drink (weren't even singing/chanting/anything like that) and were made to cover up. Honestly, what damage do these places think our deeply offensive St Johnstone shirts are going to cause?

Anyway, going back to the topic, PKC deserve massive credit for what they've done to back Saints recently. My impression of them has always been that they're a bit apathetic towards their local club, but they've totally proven me wrong. The bunting across the street, the lamppost ads all over the place, the window displays in the vacant shops, the signs all the way along the Glasgow Road, the street parade and possibly best of all the giant hat and scarf on the grouse - that's an amazing effort. Superb work.

It ludicrous. You'd rarely be made to cover up in Edinburgh pubs wearing a Saints top. Perth is a one team town. It makes no sense.

The council could sponsor Saints through " visit Scotland"surely

Completely different publically funded body. I worked for them up until 4 years ago. All the old tourist boards were disbanded 6 or 7 years back and fell under the banner VS. I doubt the council have any dealings with them.