New Strips

thesaint10

Looks pretty cheap

It is! Shirts cost them pence. The badge is glued on. There is about £30 a top in it for saints.

Never liked it, I prefer yellow or white. I suppose another reason was I became an Inter fan when Italian football started on channel 4.

I like white. Joma did a nice white kit a few years back .....lark had it off me and gave me some rag in exchange :)

It's an embarrassing lack of imagination. If anyone has last seasons one why on earth would they buy this?

It is very poor, the badge is all over the shop - doesn't look like our badge IMO. They could have done ANYTHING...but they did black and red. TTL will have been advising and i think Saints got a "deal" no doubt on those tops. How many more years left on the contract?

PLUG PLUG PLUG ---

http://bit.ly/stjohnstone-classics

Edited by MySpazz

Another pish top, really cheap looking and lack of imagination - I thought the es-es link was just a one-off and as someone already mentioned inappropriate!!!

All they needed to do was use the Honduras strips with our badge and get a sponsor - really poor, again!!!!

I don't hate it per say, but as others have said if it was meant as a novelty, why is it being repeated? I also really don't get the whole EsEs thing generally to be fair, but thats another thing for a different day. Kits generally now, but away kits especially, are just ways to generate more income. As someone else has said if people have last years why would they bother with this one.

I've thought for years that it'd be really cool to have a Perthshire RFC inspired black and white hoops away strip, for one season, like with the maroon of a few years ago.

I've not had a strip in years(think the last one I had was still a Xara) but if I were to buy one I'd want it to be a much higher quality than the stuck on badge/sponsor situations we seem to end up with. 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=802322899812156&set=a.198153100229142.60415.196382733739512&type=1&theater

I've not had a strip in years(think the last one I had was still a Xara) but if I were to buy one I'd want it to be a much higher quality than the stuck on badge/sponsor situations we seem to end up with.

Last years home top is the best quality saints top I have ever bought. Edited by garydavidson

Last years home top is the best quality saints top I have ever bought.

I liked the 10/11 Joma Taylor Wimpey home top in long sleeve. 

Last seasons strips were good and i think they have taken a step back this year....

Why not have some fan involvement ????

I agree that the EsEs should of been a one off.

Why not play around with different ideas each season or alternate between white/yellow  and some other ideas , no point repeating the same idea with the away top...

Agree that the Honduras strip would of been a decent template to work from

Have to say I don't mind it - think it looks alright. But I don't really get the point of bringing out one that's almost identical to last season's. Given that the manufacturer and shirt sponsor are the same, if the club were truly keen to keep the red and black thing going then I think it would have made more sense to keep last season's away top as a third strip, and bring out something else completely different as the away strip. Personally, I'd still like another 'teal and magenta halves' away kit - think that would be a big seller.

Incidentally, is there actually a reason why the club appear to have been keeping the away strip such a big secret? It's almost as if it's been done deliberately. A kit launch is such an obvious money-making opportunity - I just cannot understand why it's not on the Official website and there have been no pictures of the players modelling it.  It just makes absolutely no sense.

Have to say I don't mind it - think it looks alright. But I don't really get the point of bringing out one that's almost identical to last season's. Given that the manufacturer and shirt sponsor are the same, if the club were truly keen to keep the red and black thing going then I think it would have made more sense to keep last season's away top as a third strip, and bring out something else completely different as the away strip. Personally, I'd still like another 'teal and magenta halves' away kit - think that would be a big seller.

Incidentally, is there actually a reason why the club appear to have been keeping the away strip such a big secret? It's almost as if it's been done deliberately. A kit launch is such an obvious money-making opportunity - I just cannot understand why it's not on the Official website and there have been no pictures of the players modelling it.  It just makes absolutely no sense.

I think they probably were going to do the usual kit launch with players etc, however it come across to me that they have suddenly just realised they are going to have to wear this kit on Thursday therefore had to get it out there in the hap dash manner that we have witnessed

Edited by SaintDougie