Liam Craig

thesaint10

All this talk of Craig possibly coming back but has there actually been any confirmation of him being advised he can leave?

Hibs have told him to look for a new club along with a couple of other players on longer contracts (Nelson and Collins I think) although they want money for Collins Craig can leave for free. Not to fussed either way, i'm not a great fan of players returning to a club after a poor spell at another. Theirs no doubt he would be an asset to the squad but IMO he would only be a squad player at the stat of the season and it would be up to him to get himself into the first team. O'Halloran and Wotherspoon hold the two wide positions and it's upto other players to dislodge them. 

Hibs have told him to look for a new club along with a couple of other players on longer contracts (Nelson and Collins I think) although they want money for Collins Craig can leave for free. Not to fussed either way, i'm not a great fan of players returning to a club after a poor spell at another. Theirs no doubt he would be an asset to the squad but IMO he would only be a squad player at the stat of the season and it would be up to him to get himself into the first team. O'Halloran and Wotherspoon hold the two wide positions and it's upto other players to dislodge them. 

Terry Butcher has practically emptied the team onto the market. 14 players were told they could seek new clubs,most o them first team players.

If we were to go for any of them, Cummins, Harris and Liam would be the only ones. (imho)

and maybe the young lad who plays CB who's name escapes me. Young players worth a punt and hopefully Tommy and Callum can get them motivated and on the form they are capable of.

Terry Butcher has practically emptied the team onto the market. 14 players were told they could seek new clubs,most o them first team players.

If we were to go for any of them, Cummins, Harris and Liam would be the only ones. (imho)

and maybe the young lad who plays CB who's name escapes me. Young players worth a punt and hopefully Tommy and Callum can get them motivated and on the form they are capable of.

Do you mean jordan foster?

Bbc saying st mirren hopeful of getting liam and he's already had talks with us

you re into things far too young to be legal, ya auld git,tae fuque!

me? behave mr little.

Do you mean jordan foster?

Bbc saying st mirren hopeful of getting liam and he's already had talks with us

Thats the fellae good player in there but needs tae get out of hibs afore they fcuk him up all the gether.

Sam Stanton would surely be one of the better options? Aside from Craig, he's the one player I'd really welcome here. A total stand-out for Hibs this season.

Apparently Stanton was forced to take a 50% pay cut due to relegation, so its almost certain he'll be gone. Seemingly numerous English clubs are interested so I'm not sure we'd stand much of a chance of getting him.

He'd also be one of the only players I'd take from Hibs, alongside Craig. None of the others particularly stand out as being worth signing

• 2 weeks later...

It was always stated he was still under contract - it was just a case of him being told he could go for free if he found a new club.  It will depend on any clauses within his contract re relegation.

I believe they were asked to take a 50% cut in wages, not sure if that is contractual. 

Wouldn't think when Craig was signed there would be anything in his contract re relegation as I don't think for a minute Hibs were thinking about relegation.

Would think if he was told he was free to go if he found a new club then surely it would stand but if not in writing then who knows.

Wouldn't think when Craig was signed there would be anything in his contract re relegation as I don't think for a minute Hibs were thinking about relegation.

Would think if he was told he was free to go if he found a new club then surely it would stand but if not in writing then who knows.

Strange thing is that Butcher said the decisions to tell these players they were free to go was not his but that decisions that had been taken out of his hands.