Liam Craig

thesaint10

Wouldn't think when Craig was signed there would be anything in his contract re relegation as I don't think for a minute Hibs were thinking about relegation.

Would think if he was told he was free to go if he found a new club then surely it would stand but if not in writing then who knows.

Any club outside of Celtic will make provisions in contracts for relegation in the current climate - if they don't they could be in serious difficulties.

Any club outside of Celtic will make provisions in contracts for relegation in the current climate - if they don't they could be in serious difficulties.

If that was the case why would they tell the players they would have to take 50% cut or find themselves another Club surely you would keep them under contract and get some money for them if they want to move on?

If that was the case why would they tell the players they would have to take 50% cut or find themselves another Club surely you would keep them under contract and get some money for them if they want to move on?

I don't know how contracts are structured.  Maybe it's a case of a paycut or you have the right to leave for free - I don't know.  What I'm saying is that clubs will take precautions against relegation.  As far as keeping players to get a fee goes - that will only happen if another club is prepared to pay a fee and there's not many clubs in Scotland paying fees nowadays.

All contracts contain small print allowing for a range of circumstances ranging from the quite likely to the bizarre. "Standard terms", "small print" blah blah. Barcelona contracts will have relegation clauses. Just go read your home insurance small print - it isn't very likely the Russians will bomb your house - but you'll get fek all from the insurance company if they do. Standard risk management/corporate governance stuff.

All contracts contain small print allowing for a range of circumstances ranging from the quite likely to the bizarre. "Standard terms", "small print" blah blah. Barcelona contracts will have relegation clauses. Just go read your home insurance small print - it isn't very likely the Russians will bomb your house - but you'll get fek all from the insurance company if they do. Standard risk management/corporate governance stuff.

Thats because there is a government fund put together to cover the cost of it.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Agreed. His goal at Dunfermline is still my favourite ever Saints goal that I've seen in the flesh.

his two goals in Dundee the season we finished third were probably by favourite.

The goal at Dens when we bolted along in front of the Derry.

The one at Tannadice was better though when we beat them 1-0 after the split. When he ran over and dived on the ground in front of us.

Edited by PerthSeany

Really rated him when he was here before, not sure what happened to him at hibs. Went to a few hibs game last season and the fans were constantly on his back.Hopefully he just didn't suit their style of play...

I don't think Brown is quite ready to play week in week out, with Craig partnering Millar in the centre and Brown providing cover works for me.

Better option than Lappin as well as provides more of a goal threat.

If we sign Craig that would probably indicate the end of our pursuit of Danny Swanson.

Not sure. Craig won't be on very high wages and can fill in two positions, can see us adding both.

Think I read that Swanson is getting another shot at Coventry so he'd be out the question anyway.

Mowbray was in the papers a few days ago saying he wants a look at him before the decide his future. Its 50/50