Liam Craig

thesaint10

The facts are he failed pretty miserably under three different regimes over two years at Hibs. We can't expect him to pull on a St Johnstone jersey and automatically become the player he was at Saints.

Given that he was close to signing a part-time deal with a non-league club in England, he clearly has similar doubts about his future.

I felt he'd lost a yerd when I saw him play for Hibs. But, based on what he's done for us in the past, and his positive attitude and strong work ethic, he deserves a wee chance, if for no other reason than Muzz is out and we have few (if any) better options within our reach.

That review/summary is almost as bad as Athens tbh. He scored 8 goals that season - not bad for someone who was "brutal" for most of it.

Up until the pre contract details were released he was brutal. That in itself may have been the reason but Random is right in what he says.

For me it's a no but Tommy's the man in charge, if he signs him I'll get behind Liam like i would any other Saint . . . . Until the 15th floaty shite cross !

Up until the pre contract details were released he was brutal. That in itself may have been the reason but Random is right in what he says.

For me it's a no but Tommy's the man in charge, if he signs him I'll get behind Liam like i would any other Saint . . . . Until the 15th floaty shite cross !

Maybe wasn't at his best for a spell, but wouldn't ever describe him as "brutal". Each to their own though.

• 2 weeks later...

The facts are he failed pretty miserably under three different regimes over two years at Hibs. We can't expect him to pull on a St Johnstone jersey and automatically become the player he was at Saints.

Given that he was close to signing a part-time deal with a non-league club in England, he clearly has similar doubts about his future.

Tommy will get the best out of him.

• 3 weeks later...

Craig was poor in a poor position and formation. As was pretty much every other midfielder bar Murray Davidson. As soon as he went wide left (which is where I remember him playing for us) and MOH went wide right, allowing Spoony to move in to the middle, every single midfielder improved immeasurably. Craig's link up play with Easton in the closing stages of the game was incredibly encouraging. There's no pace there but they seem to understand each other. A bit Sheerin and Stanicesque. Neither of whom I recall having pace to burn. It will be interesting to see what bizarre formation Tommy comes up with once Millar is fit.

A few folk seemed to be suggesting that behind me yesterday.

and not just a few beside me too!

I thought he could've done better with the shot, but it's another thing to say he should be dropped!

Guys were saying Clark would command his area better than Mannus.

I have no idea.

Edited by andrew

He was completely unsighted for it, it would've been a miracle to have saved that

Possibly. Just at the time I thought, from my angle, it could've been better. Once I see the highlights I can confirm and call for his head. Mannus out, Clark in. Or no.

Possibly. Just at the time I thought, from my angle, it could've been better. Once I see the highlights I can confirm and call for his head. Mannus out, Clark in. Or no.

Thought he might have at least dived but it was a strange shot from that angle on the foot you wouldn't expect. I also wonder if it took a nick on the way?