Liam Craig

thesaint10

It's a national newspaper, and those who write in it are supposed to be fluent in English, surley a sports journalist in Scotland knows how to spell the names of Scottish Football teams.

Was going to write that littered with deiberate spelling mistakes, but it was too much like hard work! :laugh:

It's a national newspaper, and those who write in it are supposed to be fluent in English, surley a sports journalist in Scotland knows how to spell the names of Scottish Football teams.

Was going to write that littered with deiberate spelling mistakes, but it was too much like hard work! :laugh:

SURELY.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Thanklessly goodness Tommy Wright is the manager and not many of the posters on here! He delivered two remarkable away wins in Europe, top six finish, league cup semi and first ever Scottich cup victory. (On an ever reducing wage budget) If Tommy decides he wants Liam back, that's good enough for me! At this time I'd even forgive him for Fallon and Big Chris!! Don't know about the rest of you but I trust Tommy and the board.

We have the Hibie reject aka Spoony who was apparently not good enough for them. I truely believe that DW is on the verge of an explosion and has potential to be a great. Okay, his goal scoring form needs work. His free kicks need work. He "nearly" scored one of the best scottish cup final goals ever. TW I believe will turn DW into a midfielder that Strachan will be looking at very soon. If Liam Craig does come back, I hope Liam can learn from DW on how to deliver a corner and maximise our deadball opportunities. Under DW, I am sure Liam can improve his game. Is their room for both though ????    

Just because TW is away does not stop the management team from chasing his targets, he will have very little to do with the negotiations.

Who will do that?

The thing is. Would Liam have been a target before Hibs relegation and subsequently being told he could find another club?

Would definitely take him back. Hibs have ruined numerous players - especially Liam. It doesn't mean he couldn't recapture his previous form for us though. As a midfielder who was our joint top goalscorer last season I think we'd be stupid not to take him back - if the opportunity arose.

I don't for a second buy into this 'players shouldn't return' idea. But....

My only concern is whether signing Craig after punting Hasselbaink for wages and Cregg to make room for youth really makes sense.

He's a good player and I like him, but if Caddis and Brown were going to be right up with the first team last week, why are they moving one slot further down today?
If we get Craig are we then finished for Dunne? Can only assume so.

I really hope it works out though.