Cup Winning Post Syndrome

AthensSaint

Essex I know how you feel when you say the missus is turning anti football. Mine absolutely detests the game and I`ve really been able to p*ss her off the last few weeks. She can`t understand how I got so excited about Saints winning the cup! I don`t even try to explain to her - if you need an explanation you can`t be a Saintee!

Balhousie, that is exactly the same situation in our house.

She said it was bad enough between the semi-final and the final, but since the (epic) Cup final it's got worse.

If you get an ailment, do not complain, as you will probably be told "don't tell it to me, tell it to St. Johnstone, as you think more of them than you do of me".

Women..........................oh  don't think I'll go there...... :wink::laugh:

My son and i have the same problem in our house. My wife hates football and was constantly moaning at us for talking about Saints 24/7 in the build up to the final, truly doesn't understand that Saints run deep through us.To be fair she did phone us at full time and was genuinely pleased for us that Saints won, she even came down to the parade on the Sunday. Now talk is of who we'll get in Europe and where's our season ticket forms?

Essex I know how you feel when you say the missus is turning anti football. Mine absolutely detests the game and I`ve really been able to p*ss her off the last few weeks. She can`t understand how I got so excited about Saints winning the cup! I don`t even try to explain to her - if you need an explanation you can`t be a Saintee!

Ditto.

Mine has taken to it big time, but has a way to go. There was an embarrassing moment in the bus on the way back from the final when she announced "well that's us done a final; won't need to do that again". I still can't explain to her satisfaction what "passing into space" is. And the only reason she (thankfully) hasn't asked what "off-side" is because she appears to remain blissfully unaware of its existence.

Balhousie, that is exactly the same situation in our house.

She said it was bad enough between the semi-final and the final, but since the (epic) Cup final it's got worse.

If you get an ailment, do not complain, as you will probably be told "don't tell it to me, tell it to St. Johnstone, as you think more of them than you do of me".

Women..........................oh  don't think I'll go there...... :wink::laugh:

When my wife said "You love St Johnstone more than you love me."

I maybe shouldn't have replied "I love Scumdee more than I love you!"

When my wife said "You love St Johnstone more than you love me."

I maybe shouldn't have replied "I love Scumdee more than I love you!"

Sometimes rhetorical questions should just be left as that with women.

Like "does my bum look big in this" ( the true answer would be:- don't blame the clothes, it's your poor diet and lack of exercise that does that) but best just to smile and say "thats fine dear. Just like all football and Saints related rants :cool:    

My wife watched the semi final at home and was crying cos she was so happy for us and knew what it meant to us.

She came to the final wearing a Saints top and scarf and loved it, but she was worried about me cos I'd had two heart attacks 14 years ago and was going so daft with excitement she thought I would keel over. She even came to Perth and went round the pubs with us after the game. :shock:

If I did I'd have gone deliriously happy.

All this stuff about after my wedding day or the birth of my child.......just be honest, winning the cup is at least equal, if not more.

Edited by andrew

I find myself closing my eyes and trying to recreate that feeling when the ball broke to Macca, then the fleeting moment of uncertainty of what happened when he and the keeper came together, then seeing the ball heading towards the goal (quick check towards ref and linesman) then going feckin mental

:LAUGH OUT LOUD: Stop making me randomly laugh out loud at work.......it is giving me away as I wouldn't do so when working on a Programme Board Dashboard!!

I personally find Programme Board Dashboards to be a lolfest. Dunno why you wouldn't tbh.