Season Tickets

Kyle

Can't see why the club can't sell season ticket books of more or less any number of games,6.8,10 or whatever.They'd be getting money up front and encouraging shift workers to come to more games,having bought the flexi ticket,it's human nature to want to go once the ticket is bought,whilst floaters might decide against going if paying at gate.

Chief a season ticket is for a season.

What your proposing is a braw idea but it ain't a season ticket.its a pick it as ye go for the casual dude or like me a Chunt that misses games as am a shift worker .

I would probably consider one of these, as I don't live in Perth and can't get to enough games to justify a season ticket, but I guess one of the club's fears may be that existing season ticket holders choose one of these cheaper flexi options over a full price season book, and therefore they run the risk of the club actually losing out on money.

Let's say hypothetically that 100 existing season ticket holders decided to take one of these flexi-books for a reduced number of games instead of the full season one. If the flexi-book was around £100 cheaper than a full season one, then that's £10k in lost income already.

You could argue that more new customers will buy the flexi options, which would then help to offset any of those kind of losses etc, but it's potentially a risky thing for the club to introduce when we have such a small number of season ticket holders in the first place.

It's an idea that I see being brought up regularly on here, and like I said it's one that I'd probably use myself, but maybe these kind of things just work better at larger clubs where they wouldn't notice the shift in sales as much.

Nail. On. Head.

This is precisely why such a scheme isn't in place-at this point we want to be shiftin full season books committing people to 19+ games. The ST will always be the cheapest way of supporting the club.

A flexible ticket might be something you see part of the way through the season but there's no way Saints will take away from full season sales before the term has even started.

I'm assuming the armed forces/emergency services tickets didn't sell enough to make it worth doing again, but I'm not sure about that.

That's the whole point ! It's not the pricing, it's the flexible ticket or limited ticket.

Would you buy a full ticket to watch maybe half a dozen matches, if you're lucky ?

2 weekends off every 5 weeks, a 10 game season ticket equals assuming home and away would cover a full season, assuming the days off landed on a home game day.

That's my point. If I was bothered about the cost I wouldn't be willing to do the 200 mile round trip for a game, would I ? :twisted:     

You obviously didn't read the end of my post.  When they had the 5-game flexi ticket for Armed Forces/Emergency services personnel last season it was £90, or £18 per game.  Walk up price was £22 per game.  I guess my point was more that the ticket should be available for all, not just Armed Forces/Emergency services.

Edited by jhq

I would probably consider one of these, as I don't live in Perth and can't get to enough games to justify a season ticket, but I guess one of the club's fears may be that existing season ticket holders choose one of these cheaper flexi options over a full price season book, and therefore they run the risk of the club actually losing out on money.

Let's say hypothetically that 100 existing season ticket holders decided to take one of these flexi-books for a reduced number of games instead of the full season one. If the flexi-book was around £100 cheaper than a full season one, then that's £10k in lost income already.

You could argue that more new customers will buy the flexi options, which would then help to offset any of those kind of losses etc, but it's potentially a risky thing for the club to introduce when we have such a small number of season ticket holders in the first place.

It's an idea that I see being brought up regularly on here, and like I said it's one that I'd probably use myself, but maybe these kind of things just work better at larger clubs where they wouldn't notice the shift in sales as much.

Yeah this is it in a nut shell, quite simply people would cherry pick the games they go too. There's been games last season that I just wouldn't have went to had I not already bought my season ticket. If there was a flexi 10 game ticket I'd hate to think what crowds would be like at home for games such as Hamilton and Partick

Why not do a loyalty scheme then for those who pay at the gate? Get a loyalty card and a stamp and for every 9 home games you go to, you get your 10th free.

That's a decent idea. I'm sure it was put to the club not so long ago. Not sure what the reception was. Honestly can't remeber.

If we made one turnstile in the East Stand and maybe the Main Stand, But lets go for the Main stand the now as a card operated gate ,(I am thinking the technology may be easier worked from the Main Stand for a test period)   One that you go up put your plastic card in the slot and it opens the gate, The club produce and send out these plastic cards I am sure 5000 of these cards would not cost to much . the punters then can add credit to the cards as they go like pay as you go mobile phones do, this way you can buy 1 game, 5 game  etc etc. you can get a bonus credit put on your card if you buy say a 10 game package. Or is that too much modern day for us yet. :wink:     

Some of these ideas are fine, but the cost of setting them up and maintaining them would be astronomical (in relative terms) for a club that can't afford to mend its own scoreboard.

Tesco's loyalty card rate, for example, is just 1% - it's main purpose is to gather info on customers, not gain customers in and of itself. The actual cost to them is far less than 1%, because of all the unused coupons, and because they can off-set the cost of alternative market research methods. I'm not sure anyone goes to Tesco rather than say Asda primarily because of the loyalty card - otherwise they would all do it. The real benefit comes from the massive data set that allows them to target their offer in both general and individual customer terms.

Saints operate on a completely different scale. Market research is not really worth spending money on - my cat could accurately profile the target client group. So you're left with the simple idea that offering loyalty points brings in more fans (whether it's for a pie, a free game whatever). Would you really, really go to McD on a rainy Wednesday night to watch Partick because, if you did that nine more times, you get a free pie at the end of it - or even a free game? If you were going to go anyway, you'd get a rosy glow. Saints will lose money.

I think what folk are looking for is for Saints to reward them for their loyalty. They did that by winning a cup, and (so he Beloved tells me) spending the last couple of weeks dragging it round every school and nursery in sight. Etc etc. They're doing that to turn these kids on to Saints - SUPERB, cost-effective marketing despite what folk have said on here.

I'm not getting at anyone for having these ideas - but it can't be about rewarding loyalty, unless it results in significant net income - ie the increased revenue minus ALL set-up and continuing costs.

Hope that doesn't sound miserable - not meant to be.

I bought mine yesterday. Sales at 800 apparently.  This seems quite low to me, but I have no idea what the usual pattern of sales is.

How many ST holders were there last season?

I think that represents just under half of what we had last season, or thereabouts.