Season Tickets

Kyle

How did Dundee sell 3000 then ? What marketing did they do eh?

No idea how they marketed their season tickets, but it's hardly a surprise they've sold more than us, given they are from a far larger city with a historically larger support than us.

They also started selling them on 10th May, a week after they won the league (striking while the iron's hot, like many on here are rightly saying Saints should have done) and they offer the ability to purchase online, unlike Saints. All season ticket holders also seem to get discounts at a huge range of places around Dundee, including Gold Clubs, restaurants, pubs, taxis etc, as well as 10% off at the club shop.

No idea how they marketed their season tickets, but it's hardly a surprise they've sold more than us, given they are from a far larger city with a historically larger support than us.

They also started selling them on 10th May, a week after they won the league (striking while the iron's hot, like many on here are rightly saying Saints should have done) and they offer the ability to purchase online, unlike Saints. All season ticket holders also seem to get discounts at a huge range of places around Dundee, including Gold Clubs, restaurants, pubs, taxis etc, as well as 10% off at the club shop.

Pretty good answer I would say

Anyways, I'm not buying one......I will just pester Nelly for his

To be expected from you, you tight git.

You'll be near(ish) to the top of the list when my ticket's available, Edward. You'll have to run the gauntlet of suspension busting speed bumps to collect it though.

To be expected from you, you tight git.

You'll be near(ish) to the top of the list when my ticket's available, Edward. You'll have to run the gauntlet of suspension busting speed bumps to collect it though.

Cheers mate - the truth is that I won't make many games next season (Saturday ones anyway) as I will be traipsing round the country watching Ben

Could the fact that Dundee have sold 3000 STs (?) have something to do with the fact Dundee is 5 times the size of Perth

I think there's a slight chance that may have something to do with it. Plus the fact they've been on sale for 3 or 4 weeks longer than ours.

Maybe we have sold 3,000?! It has been a week now since the website has been updated and a lot can happen in a week ;)

Seriously, I think if we get in and around 2,000 sold, we will have done well.

Do the club look at other clubs offers etc though? The Dundee bolt ons do look pretty good, and while they will never offset the shame of owning a dundee season ticket, they are a good idea. Just wondering if the clubs exchange ideas etc, as what is good for one is good for others. Lets face it, the clubs in scotland aren't competing with each other for fans, so should be working together to entice fans in.

Edited by TheYellowBox

Stirling costs £60000 per year. I would prefer to see the players training in and around Perth. Renewing my ticket today plus top up. A season ticket ticker would be great as the cup final ticket sales updates created a buzz.

£60k for the pitches and facilities at the Uni seems high given that it costs £190 per player per annum for the corp membership as far as gym and pool etc were all concerned.

I don't get what's so much better at Stirling compared to our own stadium? We've all the all weather pitch and the grass pitches at the other side (I think they're finished?), an in house gym. Understand there's not a pool (I don't think? There may well be one of those too...)

Seems like a bit of a waste of those facilities if we're not using them.

I assume it's the whole sports science set up there with the (exceptionally good) sports facilities the uni has as well as the SportScotland base in the grounds. When I was at uni there you'd often see other teams wandering into the gym or around the sports centre building on their way to using various parts.

I assume it's the whole sports science set up there with the (exceptionally good) sports facilities the uni has as well as the SportScotland base in the grounds. When I was at uni there you'd often see other teams wandering into the gym or around the sports centre building on their way to using various parts.

Ah fair enough. Probably worth it just for that tbh.

I don't get what's so much better at Stirling compared to our own stadium? We've all the all weather pitch and the grass pitches at the other side (I think they're finished?), an in house gym. Understand there's not a pool (I don't think? There may well be one of those too...)

Kyle

The Uni has 2 excellent full size pitches which they get the use of, they also have a new 3g surface. The gymnasium is a  top quality centre with a special strength and conditioning area for athletes. There are also rehab facilities in the pool which the club used.

Still cant see how it was costing £60k a season though for 2 or 3 days training wgucg was all they were using the Uni for this season,

The uni did have Falkirk and Saints training there 2 seasons ago. If we were £60k then no wonder Falkiek moved as they had the football centre, education centre etc aswell

Edited by mainstand

I know its being upgraded the gym in Perth but did you see it previously?

Definitely wouldnt fit many players in there at one time.

They also have an indoor sport hall type thing. it was about 25 years older and shabby than the Letham centre the last time i seen it.

Maybe we have sold 3,000?! It has been a week now since the website has been updated and a lot can happen in a week ;)

Seriously, I think if we get in and around 2,000 sold, we will have done well.

Do the club look at other clubs offers etc though? The Dundee bolt ons do look pretty good, and while they will never offset the shame of owning a dundee season ticket, they are a good idea. Just wondering if the clubs exchange ideas etc, as what is good for one is good for others. Lets face it, the clubs in scotland aren't competing with each other for fans, so should be working together to entice fans in.

---------------------------------------------------

With aggressive commercial sense and forethought, we could have sold 2000 on the 18th May.

Most current season ticket holders are likely to renew, but none of them would be in a rush to do that on May 18th.  Therefore to sell 2000 that day, most would have had to be new season ticket holders and that is not going to happen unfortunately.  Hopefully we can break 2000 in total, which would be an increase of roughly 25%.  Not many teams will see that big an increase.