Right To Play - Perth Council

MySpazz

I'm with Soupy on this. Those "fields" have always been play areas for the kids, esp those on the outer ring of North Muirton and I'm going as far back as 40 years ago. Also with the "no ball games" signs in every street/court/way, etc being displayed, it means the kids have no where really. Ok, so there's the school playing fields but having young one's cross that Bute Drive and be too far from their parent's calling just isn't practical. I've witnessed two kids deaths whilst crossing Bute Drive. Some of the back gardens are a bit on the small side for the kids to play ball games and I'm sure the neighbours would be chuffed to have kids crossing the boundaryless front lawn - NOT. Stick to your guns Soupy.

Once a small area gets run down it has the domino effect. Folk just stop caring about their environment.

Besides, that area was great for a fight without the adults seeing you to break it up. Had a few in my day, when school was out.

It's a joke to be honest. They also put up traffic calming stuff to help kids cross the road .. Near the secondary school they put up a zebra crossing, yet at one of the most dangerous parts as you turn into the primary school they put a strip of red tar across te road and - wtf is that all about. I will continue to cut it for as long as folk let me borrow lawnmowers. Pkc are a joke. I feel that they are doing their best to force the kids of north muirton indoors. There is hundreds of children in that area and not slot of safe play area. Kids need to be out and about not stuck inside cause the tunts will not prepare an area.

Miserable bar stewards

Something has gone wrong somewhere Soupy. Everyone got letters a while back about cuts to grass maintenance. Communal areas and playing fields were not included in the cutbacks. It was just supposed to be everyone's front gardens as most people are able to cut them themselves. I saw a squad of private contractors (presumably hired by PKC) doing all the old folks' front gardens just a couple of weeks ago.

The playing fields should still be getting cut by the council. The field at the back of Shuna/Neave etc is about a foot high. We used to play football there until the sun went down but that was a generation ago.

Last summer the grass was getting left until it was pretty long and then the tractors were coming and cutting it. The mess it was leaving along with the cut grass lying about was a nightmare for kids to play in. My boy is severely allergic to grass so I asked a local councillor up to the house to ask him politely if he could ask the council to remove the freshly cut grass. He had a bit of paper on his hand " look what landed on my desk this morning " he said. It was plans from the council with a layout to say that the area behind my house was going to committee and they are maybe considering it for cost cutting. The councillor told me to get on the phone to the housing dept regarding it and maybe they will reconsider. I then invited a lady from housing and she told me that the councillors had already passed the plans in the cost cutting the previous year. It left me fuming cause the arse told me a bare faced lie... I called him on his phone and left a message saying I was disappointed about his visit and asked him to call me and he never did. This is onenofthe reasons I am determined to provide a play area myself cause the pricks at pkc are willing to turn their backs on the local kids. Maybe if I was loaded and told him there was a free wine and dine in it for him maybe we wouldn't be where we are the now

Consider the following:

Scotland fitba team are no very good. 

Ground for children to play - sold for housing - or not maintained.

Anyone see a connection here?

Must be he$$ish being a child now. I had the time of my life up Letham Sevenacres in the 60's. (What's that place like now? Traffic calming, signs saying don't do this or that?)

Consider the following:

Scotland fitba team are no very good. 

Ground for children to play - sold for housing - or not maintained.

Anyone see a connection here?

Must be he$$ish being a child now. I had the time of my life up Letham Sevenacres in the 60's. (What's that place like now? Traffic calming, signs saying don't do this or that?)

Brahan Terrace garages 10 a side or down the side of Bowling green or on Letham church grounds kicking a ball about, these were the days pre H&S.

I would get a petition going and chap on every N Muirton household to get signatures. Time consuming maybe, but if a whole community gets behind it then.... Afterall, who the hell is going to oppose signing a "keep our area tidy" and a play area for the kids away from folks windows? Seriously?

Oh and that was a good point by Gussie. Also, the govt message about childhood obesity, etc

Edited by Fair Maid

they seem to have plenty money to spend on there perth in bloom.i suggest when the judges come to inspect the flowers that you put diversion signs up and direct them to all the unkept grass areas.council wont like that.

and if that doesnae work take pctures stick it in there mitts and get yer neighbours dog to piss in there pet petunia.

they seem to have plenty money to spend on there perth in bloom.i suggest when the judges come to inspect the flowers that you put diversion signs up and direct them to all the unkept grass areas.council wont like that.

and if that doesnae work take pctures stick it in there mitts and get yer neighbours dog to piss in there pet petunia.

Britain in Bloom is not Council funded but is funded by http://beautifulperth.org/  and neither was the Cycle path http://www.sustrans.org.uk/ncn/map/national-cycle-network for that matter.

Still a fecking joke regardless who funds what. I have lost faith in PKC and their so called councillors who are only willing to help or push for something if its of benefit to them.

Heres another one. My mum in her 70's looks after the front of the house, gorgeous looking flowers, grass is always maintained, hedges always cut. Shes always out in the garden picking up rubbish thats blown in from mcdonalds.She also is out cleaning up dog crap that folk seem to forget to pick up.Its the wee 4 o block in carnegie. She asked for a wee fence to be put up out the front to stop this happening  - NAW - nae reply from council Wonder why ??? nothing in it for them. Why would the want to put a wee fence out the front of a pensioners house when she already looks after it? Why would we want to put up a wee fence when she picks up the dug shite any way? Wht would we want to put up a wee fence when she already picks up all the litter?

fecking joke

Still a fecking joke regardless who funds what. I have lost faith in PKC and their so called councillors who are only willing to help or push for something if its of benefit to them.

Heres another one. My mum in her 70's looks after the front of the house, gorgeous looking flowers, grass is always maintained, hedges always cut. Shes always out in the garden picking up rubbish thats blown in from mcdonalds.She also is out cleaning up dog crap that folk seem to forget to pick up.Its the wee 4 o block in carnegie. She asked for a wee fence to be put up out the front to stop this happening  - NAW - nae reply from council Wonder why ??? nothing in it for them. Why would the want to put a wee fence out the front of a pensioners house when she already looks after it? Why would we want to put up a wee fence when she picks up the dug shite any way? Wht would we want to put up a wee fence when she already picks up all the litter?

fecking joke

write to the PA

I'm with Soupy on this. Those "fields" have always been play areas for the kids, esp those on the outer ring of North Muirton and I'm going as far back as 40 years ago. Also with the "no ball games" signs in every street/court/way, etc being displayed, it means the kids have no where really. Ok, so there's the school playing fields but having young one's cross that Bute Drive and be too far from their parent's calling just isn't practical. I've witnessed two kids deaths whilst crossing Bute Drive. Some of the back gardens are a bit on the small side for the kids to play ball games and I'm sure the neighbours would be chuffed to have kids crossing the boundaryless front lawn - NOT. Stick to your guns Soupy.

Once a small area gets run down it has the domino effect. Folk just stop caring about their environment.

Besides, that area was great for a fight without the adults seeing you to break it up. Had a few in my day, when school was out.

-------------

well said!