Hampden Park

sixties saintee

So the Sfa or whatever do not want to extend the Lease after 2020, but to move Games around the Country, Tic Park or the the if still there

short sighted or what I think we should retain out National Stadium, and not give money out to the Bigots.

As much as I enjoyed my day out in May would much rather have seen us win it at Hampden

External consultant presented 3 options: extend lease, buy the stadium from QP, or let the lease lapse and use club grounds (which most countries outside the UK do). The meeja have jumped all over the lapsing option only. This would also involve finding new premises for the SFA, the SPFL, the sports medicine lot and the football museum, so a big step.

So the Sfa or whatever do not want to extend the Lease after 2020, but to move Games around the Country, Tic Park or the the if still there

short sighted or what I think we should retain out National Stadium, and not give money out to the Bigots.

As much as I enjoyed my day out in May would much rather have seen us win it at Hampden

I think the short-sighted thing was upgrading Hampden in the first place. Glasgow already has Ibrox and Celtic Park - why waste money on another large stadium there? If there really does need to be a national stadium (and I'm not convinced there does), why not put it somewhere else?

As it is, I'd be in favour of seeing Scotland playing matches all over the country as they're meant to be a national team, not a Glasgow one.

While clearly not the best stadium in the world, I like that there is something traditionally different about it from the identikit stadiums all over the place and would much rather prefer that we play finals at a neutral venue.

However, if needs be, I think it would be pretty painless to do a phased rebuild to bring in the space behind the goals.

What would be great though is to have an 'alternative' stadium build somewhere more centrally in say Stirling or Falkirk. 30k seats to be used for semis, smaller scotland games and the likes of Rugby games too.

If you do it right, it could be a 7 days a week operation shared by govt, sfa and sru and with selling naming rights and partners etc, would be easily affordable.

4 semi finals and say play off finals too, you'd be talking maybe 6-7 domestic games, plus chalange cup and a couple if international games and all u21 games and it may end up pretty well used.

The location of Hampden is a disgrace.  It suits weegies and no one else, from a travel point of view.

They should have built a new stadium at Strathclyde park, and let Motherwell play there.

National stadiums should have motorways, trains and plenty of parking in this day and age.

From a selfish point of view, Stirling would be even better, and let the Bino's move there.  But I can't see the "weegie minded" wasters in the SFA, let this happen.

What would be great though is to have an 'alternative' stadium build somewhere more centrally in say Stirling or Falkirk. 30k seats to be used for semis, smaller scotland games and the likes of Rugby games too.

If you do it right, it could be a 7 days a week operation shared by govt, sfa and sru and with selling naming rights and partners etc, would be easily affordable.

4 semi finals and say play off finals too, you'd be talking maybe 6-7 domestic games, plus chalange cup and a couple if international games and all u21 games and it may end up pretty well used.

Completely agree with this part, and said a similar thing a while back. The latter stages of this season's Cups again brought to prominence the need for a non-Glasgow alternative to use for semi-finals etc. And if you put it in Stirling, for example, you could even let Stirling Albion use it.

Replacing Hampden with a decent 30k-plus stadium outside Glasgow would also help Scotland to make a decent bid to host a future European Championships.

Completely agree with this part, and said a similar thing a while back. The latter stages of this season's Cups again brought to prominence the need for a non-Glasgow alternative to use for semi-finals etc. And if you put it in Stirling, for example, you could even let Stirling Albion use it.

Replacing Hampden with a decent 30k-plus stadium outside Glasgow would also help Scotland to make a decent bid to host a future European Championships.

30 thousand would not be enough for a OF final never mind a Saints/United final.

Hampden would be a decent stadium if the whole ground was the same as the main stand, as it is at present it is pretty poor. Parkhead on  the other hand is the opposite 3 sides of the ground are good the main stand is crap. I personally think we should maybe look to use Murrayfield if the money is not available to fully redevelop Hampden into a decent  75000 -85000 seat stadium. I would also have another multi-use stadium (25000-30000) somewhere else in the country, which could be used when smaller crowds were  expected.

The problem with moving the national teams games around the country is theres not a big enough stadium to host the games. The scotland supporters club have 20000+ members and i would be pretty pissed off if there was a game where i couldnt get a ticket cause they played it at Easter Rd!!

Hampden may or may not be peoples 1st choice but it is the national teams home( at least for the next 6 years).

It's inconceivable that the SFA would move away from Hampden. Just because some of Regan's cronies from a consultancy no-one's ever heard of publishes it as one of a set of "strategic options", it doesn't mean it's going to happen. I could have written up those "strategic options" for the £2k a day they are paying these useless halfwits, ferfoxsake.

It's inconceivable that the SFA would move away from Hampden. Just because some of Regan's cronies from a consultancy no-one's ever heard of publishes it as one of a set of "strategic options", it doesn't mean it's going to happen. I could have written up those "strategic options" for the £2k a day they are paying these useless halfwits, ferfoxsake.

Tell me BC why do companies get these consultants in when most people in the company know where the problems are. Management never seem to.

AMEN TO THAT 

STOP FUNDING THE BIGOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just an observation here guys, but why the feck is our national stadium not located in our capital city?

Do Ingerland have theirs in their second city? no

The French share theirs between rugby and footy.

We do have a pretty big stadium in Edinburgh you know and it isn't Easter road.

just my tuppence worth.

Just an observation here guys, but why the feck is our national stadium not located in our capital city?

Do Ingerland have theirs in their second city? no

The French share theirs between rugby and footy.

We do have a pretty big stadium in Edinburgh you know and it isn't Easter road.

just my tuppence worth.

Its in our biggest city though and Hampden has been part of Scotlands History forever.

The SFA will renew the contract.

They are just playing hard ball on the contract and get themselves a better deal. 

• 3 years later...