The World Cup

Abernethy Saint

I wish, John!! The co-op is a total earthquake at the moment- no divi last year. Braw shop in Newburgh - the braw lassies that work there are all feart for their jobs cos of the arseholes that ran the company into the ground. The Chairman has just been put away for his recreational drug habit. But, as always, it's the wee folk who will suffer the most.

I'm not sure, but I think "co-op" whisky is Whyte & Mac.

What no one has mentioned Columbia got a free kick 2nd half ref marks out, whilst the Colombian guy is starting his run up two Brazilians take off and are two yards away fro

m when the ball was kicked and nothing done

I noticed that and posted on a couple of forums.

"That's the first time I've seen a ref allow players to encroach over the foam line during this world cup"

Never got any response from anybody.

To be honest I think that the refs have been given some sort of guidance about not booking players too early. This hasn't IMHO necessarily led to better matches.

I noticed that and posted on a couple of forums.

"That's the first time I've seen a ref allow players to encroach over the foam line during this world cup"

Never got any response from anybody.

To be honest I think that the refs have been given some sort of guidance about not booking players too early. This hasn't IMHO necessarily led to better matches.

There was no encroaching. First player laid it off for second to shoot, second wasnt quick enough. Wall had got out quickly.

Check!

There was no way we were going to have Costa Rica in the semi's has to be the same so called big names from Europe and South America. The group stages saw some truly excellent football and barrow loads of goals, as soon as we got to the knockout stages the same tired old formulae comes in to play - the big boys revert to type. Couple that with the referee's allowing all manner of dodgy stuff to get by plus some sort (I'm sure) of directive from FIFA to desist from booking anybody in the first half unless it's a life threatening tackle.

Nobody would've ever convinced me that... going on performances in the group stages, Brasil and Argentina would make it into the semi's. Germany is another thing altogether, they have been their usual clinical selves throughout. The Dutch well... thanks to a brilliant dive in the last few seconds and a stunning Van Persie header.

Wouldn't it have been a change to have seen at least one out of Costa Rica, Columbia, Algeria, Nigeria, Mexico... USA games were all pretty entertaining but we've now reached the serious stuff - I've not found many of the quarter final matches entertaining but, maybe I've just been around too long and seen all this before. Expect the semi's to be the same - will eat humble pie if proved wrong.

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, refs have been ok. The Croatia Brazil game was a howler, and there have been a few other bad decisions, but compared to the crap we see week in week out in Scotland and England, it's been ok.

One thing I've noticed is a big lack of linesmen making howlers. Proves it's possible to keep up with the game and make good offside decisions 95% of the the, not 5% of the time like Scottish officials.

And no 5th official on the by line. Mayso's handball would have counted!!

Tripe. Brazil get a dodgy penalty in their first match and from there on in the refs are all corrupt?!? Conpsiracy theories really get worse and worse.

Well ODAB I would have agreed with that until recent years generally but the lincreasing amount of people you hear having been told they're talking nonsense or not speaking because they know they'd be laughed at for what they know and have  experienced but then later it is found out there were things going on that were being coveredup is becoming common place.  Things like Hillsboro, Policeman's accusation at Downing Street gate,  Catholic Priest incidents, The Media Hacking malice, MP'S expenses, and you never know whether there were people who colluded with Rolf Harris and/or Jimmy Saville etc. It's bad.

I hope not with Brazil. FIFA on the other hand.

I think Germany have been in the best games so far and Brazil are as open as any team = no prediction from me.

Well ODAB I would have agreed with that until recent years generally but the lincreasing amount of people you hear having been told they're talking nonsense or not speaking because they know they'd be laughed at for what they know and have  experienced but then later it is found out there were things going on that were being coveredup is becoming common place.  Things like Hillsboro, Policeman's accusation at Downing Street gate,  Catholic Priest incidents, The Media Hacking malice, MP'S expenses, and you never know whether there were people who colluded with Rolf Harris and/or Jimmy Saville etc. It's bad.

I hope not with Brazil. FIFA on the other hand.

I think Germany have been in the best games so far and Brazil are as open as any team = no prediction from me.

I was referring to football conspiracies.

I was referring to football conspiracies.

I know you were but I tend to look to look at everything with a bit of doubt.distrust and specifically today we've seen several members of a ticket scam possibly going back four World Cups being arrested including someone from the UK.

Germany to beat Brazil 2-1

Argentina to beat Holland 1-0

I will be betting £0 on this prediction.  That's more than I have ever bet on a football match before.

That's whhat I like someone who doesn't sit on the fence ...................................... unlike me although I got six wrong in the first eight games - no bets though.