Europa League Draw

David123

You can buy one ticket from Basel, EuroAirport to Luzern.  It will cover you for the bus and the train. Or when you get here just buy a bus ticket from the airport to the train station.

I wasn't aware of there being cheaper tickets on the SBB, we have a fixed price from A > B regardless of when you book it or when you travel. That's a good tip to know about the internet offers. The things you learn, eh!

Aye it takes a canny scot to educate the locals.

Ok - go to

www.sbb.ch/en/home.html

Fill in the the boxes on the left hand side

Go through the next process of filling in your name etc - there is a drop down menu - pick no discount

You will then come to a screen which shows various train times (around your specified time) and the price

A little bit further down on this screen there is a box marked Supersaver - click on this

A number of trains will appear around the time you specified earlier and they will have the discounted price listed next to them

Pick the one you want and repeat for your return journey (do not pick return on the earlier screen as it is a return for the same day only)

Print your tickets and away you go :cool:

It appears the only drawback is that if you use these tickets you can only go on that specified train and there are no refunds

Many thanks. I'll have a go at that.

Ok - go to

www.sbb.ch/en/home.html

Go through the next process of filling in your name etc - there is a drop down menu - pick no discount

You will then come to a screen which shows various train times (around  your specified time) and the price

A little bit further down on this screen there is a box marked Supersaver - click on this

A number of trains will appear around the time you specified earlier and they will have the discounted price listed next to them

Pick the one you want and repeat for your return journey (do not pick return on the earlier screen as it is a return for the same day only)

Print your tickets and away you go  :cool:

It appears the only drawback is that if you use these tickets you can only go on that specified train and there are no refunds 

Thanks for the tip. We are going from Basel to Luzren and Luzern to Geneva on the way home and you've saved us £45 each. Top Man!!!!!

Ok - go to

www.sbb.ch/en/home.html

You will then come to a screen which shows various train times (around  your specified time) and the price

Print your tickets and away you go  :cool:

You can take out cancellation insurance for 2.20CHF, in case you miss your train.

No Supersavers available on Frid.

How much money is everyone taking?? No idea how much I'll need for wed/thu nights.

Me and my girlfriend have taken about £400 for 3 nights and 4 days. If we require more, I'll probably end up putting it on my credit card.

I'm staying in Zurich on the Weds and Thurs nights (long story!) but getting train to Luzern early on the Thursday then the last one back after the game (something like quarter to midnight from memory) which means I'll still be able to have a post-match celebratory pint or two.  Got a supersaver deal - £12.50 return - quite pleased with that

Jim