Switzerland On A Budget

ryangordon86

Right guys just had a trawl through the thread to look at the original list of road trippers, reserve list and the travellers who have now made alternative arrangements, the list below is the folk still on the list or have not updated their travel arrangement status.  It also appears we are now down to two volunteer drivers.

1. Ryan Gordon - driver

2. Darren Patterson - driver

3. Gordon Bell

4. The Inspiration

5. Jenko82

6. Andrew Holden

7. David Holden

8. Chansey

9. Andrew B

10+11. 541ntees +1

12. Khai Donnelly

13. Phil

At this point it might worth pulling our resources with the 53 seat bus leaving from Perth, which would work out to be a little more expensive but require one night less accommodation so much of a much-ness in reality.

anyone know the best plan for taking swiss francs? I want to take roughly £300 worth of spending money, but not all as cash in swiss francs! I know Thomas cook do a travel card (its a visa card where you put a fixed amount of money on it and you can use it abroad, and I believe you get charged lower interest rates, its called a cash passport) but don't think they do swiss francs!  I want to do something similar, but just want to find out what other people are doing about taking money? Any help/advice much appreciated!

anyone know the best plan for taking swiss francs? I want to take roughly £300 worth of spending money, but not all as cash in swiss francs! I know Thomas cook do a travel card (its a visa card where you put a fixed amount of money on it and you can use it abroad, and I believe you get charged lower interest rates, its called a cash passport) but don't think they do swiss francs!  I want to do something similar, but just want to find out what other people are doing about taking money? Any help/advice much appreciated!

Get a CaxtonFX Global Currency Card, they're free and quick to get them to you. They're a pre-paid card, you load them up with Pound Sterling and then use them like a credit card but Caxton use a much better day rate than your visa credit card would - you can also withdraw cash for free from Swiss ATM's. (indeed, you can use the card anywhere in the world and it'll just deduct whatever currency at the day rate from the balance left on your card).

Wee bit of advice needed. I might just have the chance to attend this game (Not set in stone yet but theres a good chance)  Problem is my passsport is out of date,can you still go down to the central office in Glasgow and get a renewal done on the same day ?

Wee bit of advice needed. I might just have the chance to attend this game (Not set in stone yet but theres a good chance)  Problem is my passsport is out of date,can you still go down to the central office in Glasgow and get a renewal done on the same day ?

I did this in 2010 and got it the same day. It was about £110 back then. Offices are still there, round the back of Glasgow Caledonian University 5 mins walk from Buchanan Bus Station

Edit to add:

"

Premium 1-day service

The service is available for appointments before 11am on Saturdays, and on weekdays before:

• 4pm in London
  • 1:30pm in Liverpool
  • 1pm in Peterborough
  • 12:30pm in Glasgow and Newport
  • midday in Belfast and Durham

You must arrive no more than 10 minutes before your appointment.

Fast Track 1-week service

Your passport will be sent to your home within 1 week (not including bank and public holidays).

To get your passport within 1 week, you must supply all your completed forms and supporting documents to Her Majesty’s Passport Office at the agreed appointment.

If you’re replacing a lost or stolen passport you may need to attend an interview, and your application may take longer.

You may also need to be in to sign for the delivery of your passport."

Website

Edited by The Inspiration