Lucerne Hq

Dave Ferg

In case you dont all know: on wednesday 19:01 pm there will be a game just next to the stadium, where saint supporters play against home supporters. It would be great to see some more coming to watch and drink some beer! You will all be welcome at the zone 5 (supporters pub) party afterwards.

Zone 5 will be open 8-12pm, dont get too wasted before that :mrgreen:

Best party and cheap drinks! See you there!

In case you dont all know: on wednesday 19:01 pm there will be a game just next to the stadium, where saint supporters play against home supporters. It would be great to see some more coming to watch and drink some beer! You will all be welcome at the zone 5 (supporters pub) party afterwards.

ZONE 5 is 50yards from our apartment, quality, perty in ma hoose aqt 12am

Arrived in Basel - weather lovely - wish you were here :-)

Another top tip - before you buy a bus ticket - talk to the bus driver - it appears if you are booked into a Basel hotel - the bus is free :-)

It may even work if you have a train ticket.

Getting a tad excited about this one now. Swiss Francs sorted, some badges, scarfs and stuff for swapping also  organised. Leaving Edinburgh 10.10am Wed via Heathrow and arriving in Zurich 4.20pm then train down to Lucerne Hoping to get down   in time for the  PSJ game. Aint life grand. :razz: 

You seem to have an eye for a bargain. I took your advice on the train tickets are you sure about the bus ticket.

Arrived in Basel - weather lovely - wish you were here :-)

Another top tip - before you buy a bus ticket - talk to the bus driver - it appears if you are booked into a Basel hotel - the bus is free :-)
It may even work if you have a train ticket.

You seem to have an eye for a bargain. I took your advice on the train tickets are you sure about the bus ticket.

Absolutely - it worked for me - I can only vouch for the #50 bus (Basel airport - Basel train station) but on registering at our Basel hotel we were given free bus passes for every day that we are there - I think all the hotels may do it.

Another tip (this unfortunately will cost you money) if you are going to charge anything up eg your phone - you will need a special adaptor - the Swiss plug is of a type I have never seen before on my travels and none of my Euro adapters worked - you can get one at the Swiss Co-op which is like well, our Co-op :-) which converts their odd 3 pin to a standard Euro 2 pin - 3.75CHF - obviously you need a UK to Euro adaptor as well.

Is there a good lederhosen shop ?

Go to Bavaria.

Apple strudel shop ?

Try Vienna.

the Swiss plug is of a type I have never seen before on my travels and none of my Euro adapters worked - you can get one at the Swiss Co-op which is like well, our Co-op :-) which converts their odd 3 pin to a standard Euro 2 pin - 3.75CHF - obviously you need a UK to Euro adaptor as well.

HlQBzXM.jpg

You can get a UK to CH adaptor at the airport and in some of the larger department stores might have them too. 

Edited by JustCantBeatThat.com