Fcl On Tour 2014. First Stop Perth!

It would be great if the council could organise a beer festival at the Horsecross or outside the City Hall on match day. Big beer tent with live bands, food stalls etc. If there are 500 -750 Lucerne fans coming to Perth this would make for a good afternoon pre match.   

Great bit at 10.00 where the fan on the left nearly takes a tumble trying to get past the flag, then a few seconds later he gets taken out by the chair he is punching!!?? Please bring him along to mcDiarmid, he looks like he could be great to watch if the game gets a bit boring.

Also Good to see a snowy pitch and a bright yellow ball, we never seem to get to experience this anymore over here.

Who is your main dangerman JCBT (other than the seat puncher), seems to be quite a spread of goalscorers?

I think the chair puncher will be in attendance!

The main danger man was released on a free at the end of last season. A Bulgarian striker by the name of Dimitar Rangelov (#9). Apparently he wanted too high a wage that the investors were not prepared to give him. Oh well, life goes on and he has been replaced by Marco Schneuwly who we signed from Thun. Another guy who scored a lot of goals in a short space of time was the Egyptian #10, Kahraba,  but he was sacked by the club for disciplinary reasons. 

Our team will be quite a bit different from the one in the video. Both central defenders (#6 & #13) were released too when their contracts expired. So we will have a new defensive pairing. Our club captain and def mid (#5) also retired. The players that have been signed to replace them all look pretty good on paper. Hopefully they will gel as a team.

Perth doesn't have that many options really

http://www.perthstationhotel.co.uk/ has a beer garden but a tiny bit away from the proper town centre and will be pricey for drink with it being a hotel

http://www.twatamsmusic.co.uk/ pub has an outdoor sheltered area. Recently redecorated, used to be a popular privately owned local music pub before my time but is now chain owned. Nice enough place though.

Saints club Barossa street has a function area which they would probably fit everyone in as well but there is others on here more qualified to comment on that than me.

We also had a sports bar which would of been probably the best option but that shut. It's going to reopen again shortly as some sort of food/drink place although I've no idea if that will be open by then or if it will be suitable. It'd still being renovated. It has enough seating to sit a 100+ easily outside.

I'll see if I can think of any others.

Really not sure Barossa Street Saints Club is a good idea for the Swiss fans....am sure they want to be out and not couped up inside.....

My tip to the Swiss fans would be to go to the bars and the restaurants with outside tables and chairs alongside the city hall, on an apt named street called "St John's Place" ---it's the cobbled street where the guy on the bike eats pizza, then goes off and does his tricks, :).

SEE THIS VIDEO <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OyPFMgwlNxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by MySpazz

Really not sure Barossa Street Saints Club is a good idea for the Swiss fans....am sure they want to be out and not couped up inside.....

My tip to the Swiss fans would be to go to the bars and the restaurants with outside tables and chairs alongside the city hall, on an apt named street called "St John's Place" ---it's the cobbled street where the guy on the bike eats pizza, then goes off and does his tricks, :).

SEE THIS VIDEO <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OyPFMgwlNxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And a great wee pub the Kirkside ( Kirky )

Had a thought that the downstairs bar and outdoor barbecue area of the Ice Factory would be great for this if only they were willing to open up in the daytime. Bit out of town but if there were buses running it'd be ideal.

'Out of town' in Perth means about a 10-15 minute walk and you are in the centre. If the Ice Factory could be convinced into opening, I am pretty sure they would run shuttle buses too.

You are right though....would be a good spot and atmosphere I reckon

St Johns place would be fantastic pre match. Plenty of establishments that sell beer, granted some of which are mainly restaurants however I would imagine they will be more than happy to host us outside for the afternoon as they will make plenty of money. A group of us had a good afternoon outside one of them recently in our colours after the cup parade, only beers were purchased that day and they were very welcoming.

Will they have demolished the City Hall by then....making the area much more open and brighter? Maybe some open air music to get a right good atmosphere going? Perhaps one of those portable football pitch things in the new square? A temporary outside bar in the square? Some street entertainment?