Fcl On Tour 2014. First Stop Perth!

Will they have demolished the City Hall by then....making the area much more open and brighter? Maybe some open air music to get a right good atmosphere going? Perhaps one of those portable football pitch things in the new square? A temporary outside bar in the square? Some street entertainment?

If only Eddie

Edited by SaintDougie

When's the last train/bus out of Perth to Edinburgh?

www.citylink.co.uk/timetables       they also run buses to the airport, which usually requires a change of bus at Halbeath park and ride just off the Edinburgh to Perth M90 motorway. 

Or

www.megabus.com

When's the last train/bus out of Perth to Edinburgh?

You don't need to go to edinburgh, there's plenty of pubs in Perth and as it's a Thursday night the loft is a small nightclub which will be open to 2am ish. Perth is not the best nightlife in the world but there's plenty of variety for a couple of nights, and you'll get a better craic with the saints fans:

Witherspoons on Tay street, big pub that overlooks the river, cheap drink.

As someone else mentions, St. John's place is right in the town centre has a few cafés and a couple of pubs: kirkside, half a tanner, with Brennan's right beside there as well. If it's sunny then this will be a good spot to go to.

Within a 2-3 minute walk there is loads of bars along south street, from greyfriars at the river end, to the auld hoose, the tavern, the royal, that bar, dickens. 100 yards along Scott street from the royal is the twa tams, which is a great pub for live music.

Beside the cinema you have 3 popular pubs- sandemans, the foundry and Christies. And a couple of minutes from there you have the st johnstone supporters club on Barossa street, which you should all visit at some point at least for a couple of pints!

Right at the station you have the station hotel bar, and 5 minutes away over st Leonard's bridge there is the abbotsford.

The night of the game there is the muirton suite at the stadium where you can get a drink and a bit of banter with saints fans. Tell the chair puncher to behave though.

There are loads more, that's just a few to be going on with... Like I said, plenty to entertain you. I wouldn't bother with edinburgh, they're more into rugby through there, they don't even have a football team in the top division!

It would be madness for Luzern fans to go to Edinburgh after the match - Perth will be the place to be for the big game atmosphere.

As PauloPerth mentions above, Edinburgh doesn't even have a top flight football club - it's just not a football town like Perth is.

Most of the guys which are coming to Scotland on Wednesday will be in Perth Wednesday night AND Thursday night.

Some that I know of will be in Edinburgh Wednesday night, but I don't know why.

I guess that some will travel back to Edinburgh on Thursday night already because they have to catch an early flight on Friday. 

Most of the guys which are coming to Scotland on Wednesday will be in Perth Wednesday night AND Thursday night.

Some that I know of will be in Edinburgh Wednesday night, but I don't know why.

I guess that some will travel back to Edinburgh on Thursday night already because they have to catch an early flight on Friday. 

Where are you some of your guys staying in Perth?

I see the Loft has been open through the day since they installed their fancy new windows that open up,maybe the council will give the permission to put a few tables on the pavement for the day and put a wee bit of life into south street.!

Edited by croc

I see the Loft has been open through the day since they installed their fancy new windows that open up,maybe the council will give the permission to put a few tables on the pavement for the day and put a wee bit of life into south street.!

Doubtful - not enough room on the pavement.

Doubtful - not enough room on the pavement.

It is a wee bit narrow right enough.!So they should just cordon it off from the loft to the Royal and let the Swiss fans enjoy a taste of the old and new style bars Perth has to offer.!cannae see the cooncil doing that though.!unless somebody is digging the eternal hole.! 

It is a wee bit narrow right enough.!So they should just cordon it off from the loft to the Royal and let the Swiss fans enjoy a taste of the old and new style bars Perth has to offer.!cannae see the cooncil doing that though.!unless somebody is digging the eternal hole.! 

I wouldnt drink a pint in that bar if i was paid to drink it.

AWFUL PINT.

ANDY RHODES Fancy Watch -

Thats a good idea and something that a local bar would be able to arrange licence wise with the council if they acted now - Pretty sure Barossa Club would try and do something -Might be worth asking Patronsaint on here to set that possibility in motion

Can someone change the title of this thread to 'last stop'. FCL will only play two games this season as they will not beat the Scottish Cup Champions. Perth has many drinking places all in close walking distance to each other. Biggest pub for floor space in centre is probably 'Sandeman' where you could get a decent sing song. 'That Bar' if opened upstairs would provide a decent meeting spot although this is very unlikely as that area is the nightclub named 'loft'.

Really not sure Barossa Street Saints Club is a good idea for the Swiss fans....am sure they want to be out and not couped up inside.....

My tip to the Swiss fans would be to go to the bars and the restaurants with outside tables and chairs alongside the city hall, on an apt named street called "St John's Place" ---it's the cobbled street where the guy on the bike eats pizza, then goes off and does his tricks, :).

SEE THIS VIDEO <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OyPFMgwlNxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Perth doesn't have that many options really

http://www.perthstationhotel.co.uk/ has a beer garden but a tiny bit away from the proper town centre and will be pricey for drink with it being a hotel

http://www.twatamsmusic.co.uk/ pub has an outdoor sheltered area. Recently redecorated, used to be a popular privately owned local music pub before my time but is now chain owned. Nice enough place though.

Saints club Barossa street has a function area which they would probably fit everyone in as well but there is others on here more qualified to comment on that than me.

We also had a sports bar which would of been probably the best option but that shut. It's going to reopen again shortly as some sort of food/drink place although I've no idea if that will be open by then or if it will be suitable. It'd still being renovated. It has enough seating to sit a 100+ easily outside.

I'll see if I can think of any others.