Match Tickets For Lucerne (A)

stanley saint

@LU1901 - What is the expected crowd for this game? Last year the fans in Norway did not turn out in force due to their assumption that they would just easily beat us. We are hoping for more atmosphere from you guys!

Against Genk we had under 10'000. I don't expect more than 10'000 locals to be in the stadium. With your 700, maybe 10'700.

So, there is no need at all to worry about the tickets. No travelling fan from Scotland will miss the game.

Edited by swissly

I think the number of seats in the away end is about 850 to 900, which would match into the UEFA rule that 5% of the stadium capacity must be given to the away fans normally. So don't worry about tickets, there will be plenty. :)

Generally there won't be a big crowd, I think a maximum of about 8000 as the Europa League in Switzerland still has a pretty bad reputation with occasional fans and gloryhunters. It's considered as the "losers cup" by them, but believe me for most of the season ticket holders the EL is a huge highlight. :) Then the game takes place in the second week of Luzern's big school summer break. Since at least every second family (my estimation ;) ) is on holidays for the first two weeks of the summer break, there won't be as many families as usual.

BUT I don't really mind. Since we've got the big plastic bowl as our new stadium, the best ambiance was at the Genk game two years ago with only about 7000 fans. Second best in my eyes was at the deciding game against Thun when we qualified for this year's Europa League. So expect a small crowd in which every one can sing like 2 persons. :-D

I have to admit, I'm really getting excited and nervous already. So badly looking forward to the games.

Edited by William Tell

What is the capacity of C6?

About 800. The stadiums capacity for european games is reduced by 1000, because it has to be all seated. So 16000 instead of 17000 and 5% of that is 800.

i think that will be enough. and if not, even better :mrgreen:

Does it still look like a wee cage? :(

No, i guess you've seen pics?  It was upgraded to glass walls after complaints from away fans. There is still a cage like fence at the front though.

http://www.luzernerzeitung.ch/sport/fussball/fcl/fc_luzern/Swissporarena-Bessere-Sicht-fuer-Gaestefans;art98,163064

No, i guess you've seen pics?  It was upgraded to glass walls after complaints from away fans. There is still a cage like fence at the front though.

http://www.luzernerzeitung.ch/sport/fussball/fcl/fc_luzern/Swissporarena-Bessere-Sicht-fuer-Gaestefans;art98,163064

That's much better.

My tickets for this game arrived yesterday. Was really chuffed as I'd only booked them at lunch time the day before!

You can see rail seats in that photo so will be interesting to see what they're like, as we're hoping to have them installed in Scottish grounds.

You can see rail seats in that photo so will be interesting to see what they're like, as we're hoping to have them installed in Scottish grounds.

They have been approved to be allowed in Scotland. It won't happen though. Celtic and another club have applied for permission to do so and were declined

Edited by PerthSeany

Does anyone know which section the St Johnstone wheelchair supporters will be in ? Are there any wheelchair spaces in C6 ? Thanks.

Does anyone know which section the St Johnstone wheelchair supporters will be in ? Are there any wheelchair spaces in C6 ? Thanks.

I am not sure to be honest.

From here

Rollstuhlfahrer erhalten gratis Eintritt in Block A1/A6. Eine Begleitperson zahlt Kategorie Stehplatz. Es ist eine Begleitperson pro Rollstuhlfahrer

erlaubt.

Wheelchair users get free entry in Block A1/A6. An accompanying person pays the cost of a standing ticket (normally 28chf, but the standing area will be converted to seats and the cost for this game is 23chf) One accompanying person per wheelchair user is allowed.

I did a stadium tour when the ground opened. I recall there being large wheelchair space over near the family corner with a great view. 

Edited by JustCantBeatThat.com

Rail seats are a bloody nonsense. It's becoming a bit of a popular opinion that they are the future for teams in Scotland. Why not just have the traditional style of terrace?  Humans are perfectly adept at standing to view an event. 

This is what we have at FCL: 

i7XC6uw.jpg

We can stand there, on the concrete or metal steps and we can also consume beer in vast quantities. It's all perfectly safe and civilised. 

I am not sure to be honest.

From here

Wheelchair users get free entry in Block A1/A6. An accompanying person pays the cost of a standing ticket (normally 28chf, but the standing area will be converted to seats and the cost for this game is 23chf) One accompanying person per wheelchair user is allowed.

I did a stadium tour when the ground opened. I recall there being large wheelchair space over near the family corner with a great view. 

Thanks very much.

Rail seats are a bloody nonsense. It's becoming a bit of a popular opinion that they are the future for teams in Scotland. Why not just have the traditional style of terrace? Humans are perfectly adept at standing to view an event.

This is what we have at FCL:

i7XC6uw.jpg

We can stand there, on the concrete or metal steps and we can also consume beer in vast quantities. It's all perfectly safe and civilised.

You don't have either of the old firm, neither humans, safe or civilised.