What Price Stevie May

Templar Saint

So Stevie has now left the house.

Price undisclosed fee but we can take from previous reports that it must be in excess of £800k.

No bad for a lad that I suspect would have been away earlier for nothing if Lomas was still manager.

Congrats to Tommy Wright for keeping Stevie and giving him the platform to progress his career and helping the club bank some money.

Our Stevie is far good for this Mob I know this , But they were highest bidder so that's who gets the prize. Shit happens so we bank the money and get on with it, Stand up Chris Kane. Stevie managed it and somehow I have more faith in you than I did in Stevie a couple of years ago,

Forget Steve May he is in the Past same as . HENRY HALL, John Connoly, Jim Pearson, John Brogan, Gordon Whitelaw, Fred Aitken,  etc etc,   

That's his problem now franco, Big boy and all that, I am more concerned did Chris Kane get his Hot chocolate as he liked it tonight in the hotel, before tomorrow  

Just hope he is going there knowing he will be a first choice striker. Would hate for him to be a sub all season and only starting a handful of games.

Still think Stevie May wasn't given his worth either by McD or SW!

Offered another £150 per week by Saints!? Wow...that would encourage him to stay right enough!

We can't moan about other teams offering derisory amounts when we do the same ourselves.

What we do know though that Stevie can score at EVERY level.

Goodbye & good luck

History will prove grand larceny⚽

Still think Stevie May wasn't given his worth either by McD or SW!

Offered another £150 per week by Saints!? Wow...that would encourage him to stay right enough!

We can't moan about other teams offering derisory amounts when we do the same ourselves.

What we do know though that Stevie can score at EVERY level.

Goodbye & good luck

History will prove grand larceny⚽

Thoughts similar to mine Wendy, Should have been tied down on a long term contract after the Semis.

Agrree with you both Wendy and Sixites Saint.  We will all probably find out what the real deal was some time in the future.  That is when SB can be judged on how well he handled this.  My gut feeling is that more could have been done months ago to prepare for the inevitable.  However if it transpires that SB has negoitiated a cracking deal for future Stevie May sell-ons, then fair enough.  £800K in itself sounds like a rip-off, and a bit desperate.  Time will give us the truth.

How many days will it be before SM is called up to the Scotland squad now that he has left this diddy insignificant team for the far superior footballing heaven that is the English leagues?

Edited by Plastered

Agrree with you both Wendy and Sixites Saint.  We will all probably find out what the real deal was some time in the future.  That is when SB can be judged on how well he handled this.  My gut feeling is that more could have been done months ago to prepare for the inevitable.  However if it transpires that SB has negoitiated a cracking deal for future Stevie May sell-ons, then fair enough.  £800K in itself sounds like a rip-off, and a bit desperate.  Time will give us the truth.

How many days will it be before SM is called up to the Scotland squad now that he has left this diddy insignificant team for the far superior footballing heaven that is the English leagues?

Next international

Callum Davidson played one game for Blackburn before he was called up!?⚽

Now that the dust is settled, it's fine to look back with a critical eye at May. He is very much a goal-scorer but hardly a world class striker, many of the goals he scored for us last season were the sort of 'in the box tap ins' that get created by great teamwork rather than outstanding individual moments of skill. Many of his goals were also relatively tame shots which better keepers would keep out, the long range strike against United back in March,his goal against Ross County last August and one of his goals against Partick Thistle being notable examples. I don't see him going into the Championship and banging 20+ goals at least not straight away even if it looks like the potential is there.

Still, his 2 goals against Aberdeen were outstanding pieces of skill, 1 million pounds sounds like daylight robbery to some fans here and yes this is partly due to the board not having a longer contract in place for him but it's all a matter of risk/reward. St Johnstone simply cannot afford to throw 3 and 4 year contracts out to players when it could be deemed a gamble.

It's so easy to be infatuated with him being a local and a St Johnstone fan and all but at the end of the day he's people like us and he's going from a small pond into a big lake. I wish him all the best but I'll be withholding judgement on how good a deal it was for Saints until I see how he performs in the Championship.

Well, I have been telling my Owl supporting mates, especially the one who gets free tickets because he works for a sponsor, that Stevie is a diamond that needs a little polishing. I shall be reporting back on his progress on my visits to a stadium that looks, as you approach it, less welcoming than McD.

Edited by Saintdunc