Match Tickets For Luzern At Home

50yrs a Saint

There will easily be 10,000 there on Thursday.  Official attendance?  That is another statistic altogether.

Remember last year at the Minsk game?  The offical crowd was 8,594!

There was no way that there were 2,000 empty seats that night!  I would imagine the place will be close to bursting........MAGIC.

Every Saints fan has their part to play.

COYS!!

The North Stand wasn't really that full, and there were wee pockets in the Ormond and Main aswell, can believe the attendance for that one

Hospitality figures are indeed included in the attendance.   for example 200 will be added to the computer before the Main Stand even opens the turnstiles.  Programme Sellers, Turnstile Operators etc.  those who stay to watch the match (not everybody does) just find an empty seat when they have finished working.  be lucky if we are talking about 20 people maximum.

The place will be packed out but the figures will say 8000-8500 simply so we don't have to pay as much tax or the rest goes into the chairmans pocket. More Interested about what's happening out on the field

Either is a wee bit wrong but if it was the second option he should be hounded out.

Of course, probably just a baseless opinion. Hopefully.

The place will be packed out but the figures will say 8000-8500 simply so we don't have to pay as much tax or the rest goes into the chairmans pocket. More Interested about what's happening out on the field

Haha what a load of sh*te :?  the figures will be between 8000-8500 because that is what the attendance will be.  The computer which displays the attendance in each stand does not lie.

I actually thought 8600 seemed about right for the Minsk game

Even though the east stand was rammed, it wasn't all ticket and therefore I doubt every single seat was taken up (people look for 3's and 4's so they can sit with mates). There were visibly empty seats in the west/Ormand stands and the North was probably about 2/3 full if I remember correctly.

Either way, would it be outrageous to suggest this is a bit of a pointless argument? The ground will be close to full on Thursday and the atmosphere should be excellent. 

Pish. I was in the North against the minsksies and if you shoved everyone up together you would have seen hundreds of empty seats.

Hundreds maybe. But 2000? 1/5 of the entire stadium being empty? Very very dubious. But as I said in the first post- I don't run the club. They could say the crowd is 4000 for all I care- Im interested in the performance on the pitch.

I'll be driving up from London for it and I just hope I have to do the same trip next week aswell :-)

There was not 2000 empty seats against Minsk last year but the official attendance was given at '8600'- absolute nonsense. The screen will read 9500+ on Thursday but it doesn't have to be the official attendance given. And it won't be.

Go back and watch the videos. Massive gaps where you could fit in 2,000.

I think the reason we never sold the North Stand until very late for this game was because it wasn't required last season with the attendance.

There was not 2000 empty seats against Minsk last year but the official attendance was given at '8600'- absolute nonsense. The screen will read 9500+ on Thursday but it doesn't have to be the official attendance given. And it won't be.

Just absolute drivel, the official attendance is taken from the screen in the office and tweeted using the Official St Johnstone twitter account, I witness this happen. The attendance given for the Minsk game was the attendance in the stadium as per the computer screen in the office and I would say it was pretty accurate, as I also sat in the North Stand that night and there was plenty of empty seats around me plus directly across in the Ormond, throw in the pockets of empty seats in the East or West where people were unable to get enough to sit together, then I would say the attendance was pretty much spot on.

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion.   If we get over 9,000 through the gates on Thursday night, that will be a massive achievement and one I will be delighted about.

If we can beat the Minsk and Rosenborg attendance for this match then we should be well chuffed. If we do progress further and got a "big team" (i.e Real Sociedad) then guaranteed we will have a sell out stadium. Happy Days :D

Cheers for the comments earlier Athens! It's a long shot but r u coming for the game? I think we will hit just under 10,000. Is our biggest attendance still that rangers game years ago back in the 90's?

Noone championing my yodelling for when the team comes out and some hench cowbells?

Cheers for the comments earlier Athens! It's a long shot but r u coming for the game? I think we will hit just under 10,000. Is our biggest attendance still that rangers game years ago back in the 90's?

Noone championing my yodelling for when the team comes out and some hench cowbells?

Sure Dundee to get to Europe was our biggest attendance at McD.