Is Steve Brown Qualified / Should He Go

byebyedundee

The vast majority of people are constructive though. One or two people making unfair comments - and that's all I've really seen - doesn't mean the criticisms aren't valid. Most of the comments have been accompanied by potential solutions and a fair chunk have been followed up by emails to the club with the suggestions, most of which were ignored previously, or dealt with by Fiona a few months back.

With regards to the 'old farts' comment - it was a joke. 'hardly appropriate behaviour for a moderator' - it's a football fans' forum. It's hardly a black tie event where I'm representing the company I work for or my family or the club or whoever else.

Who moderates the moderators?

12.  There is a general concern about our lack of fans but the clubs lack of advertisement and incentives to attend games is surely the biggest factor in why so little of the Perthshire community attend games. I am in Crieff regularly, would I know there is a Premiership club 17 miles along the road that does deals for families? No I wouldn't.

Again, this will form part of Ross’ role at the club, more advertising and engagement with fans.

It was also stated that in the wake of the Final, Roddy made 1,000 calls to people who purchased tickets to attempt to encourage season tickets sales. Small change I know, but it shows that at least they were kind of thinking about engaging with the cup final fans at that point. Whether or not they would have been able to accommodate another 1,000 ST sales at that time is another matter entirely!

Let me do the maths - Roddy has phoned 1 in 15 people who purchased tickets for the cup final.    I never got a call from said dude and I cannot remmember any of the people that sit round about me in the East stand or any member of my family saying they got a call from Roddy, remember thats a man that doesnae do email or internest FFS.   maybe I am being my usual old fart cynical self, but I fear another 'fob off' .  But if you did receive a call from Roody please let me know, but I would be surprised.  

I also pity poor Ross, he is gonna be run off his feet, will not know if his arse is punched or boared and will get the blame if anything goes wrong !!

With regards to the 'old farts' comment - it was a joke. 'hardly appropriate behaviour for a moderator' - it's a football fans' forum. It's hardly a black tie event where I'm representing the company I work for or my family or the club or whoever else.

Any more of these 'old fart' comments and this 'old fart' will be issuing you a few warning points :laugh:

Nope but I know he offered may a contract that would have made him the highest paid player in saints history. Also I see no reason why he'd accept a lower offer from another club unless you think he would?

Think about it for a minute.......HIghest paid Saint in history versus the level of wages that Sheffield Wednesday (or any English Champ/L1/L2 club) could offer, signing on fee (say even 10% of £800k is £80k), plus add-ons.

Stevie might have wanted to stay but given he and his agent would've made a pretty packet out of the deal, as will Saints as incentives were included!

Sorry it's a no brainer to me I'm afraid.

12. There is a general concern about our lack of fans but the clubs lack of advertisement and incentives to attend games is surely the biggest factor in why so little of the Perthshire community attend games. I am in Crieff regularly, would I know there is a Premiership club 17 miles along the road that does deals for families? No I wouldn't.

Again, this will form part of Ross’ role at the club, more advertising and engagement with fans.

It was also stated that in the wake of the Final, Roddy made 1,000 calls to people who purchased tickets to attempt to encourage season tickets sales. Small change I know, but it shows that at least they were kind of thinking about engaging with the cup final fans at that point. Whether or not they would have been able to accommodate another 1,000 ST sales at that time is another matter entirely!

Let me do the maths - Roddy has phoned 1 in 15 people who purchased tickets for the cup final. I never got a call from said dude and I cannot remmember any of the people that sit round about me in the East stand or any member of my family saying they got a call from Roddy, remember thats a man that doesnae do email or internest FFS. maybe I am being my usual old fart cynical self, but I fear another 'fob off' . But if you did receive a call from Roody please let me know, but I would be surprised.

I also pity poor Ross, he is gonna be run off his feet, will not know if his arse is punched or boared and will get the blame if anything goes wrong !!

Agree. Highly doubt Roddy phoned 1,000 folk. Seem to remember seeing somewhere that it was also claimed that they took folk buying cup final tickets e-mail details and the club e-mailed a whole load of them. Didn't get asked for e-mail address or got one.

I fear that not a lot will change and we will

Be no further forward this time next year. Don't want to be negative, but saints just don't do being proactive well, so won't hold my breath.

Yellow box if you look back in this thread of the season ticket thread. you will see a post about Roddy phoning individuals.

My brother was one of them who received a call from him.

Not saying he didn't phone folk, just find it very hard to believe that it was 1,000.

Aside from that, if that was the approach taken then it was pretty poor. Just an opinion.

I do think that the club have identified the correct areas in which improvement can be made. Just not sure how much appetite there is to really be bold and make a decent impact.

some of the responses on here. The club seem to acknowledge their mistakes and have taken steps to rectify. We should get behind this and not shoot it down before it's even started!

To be fair, I think it isn't unfair for fans to be questioning the club or being slightly frustrated at some of the actions or inactions around the club of late. If, as we all hope, the steps being taken lead to positive changes, then there will be no one or very few at least moaning. All sounds good on paper, up to the club to deliver. Fans will do their bit if they see the club leading the way.

Think about it for a minute.......HIghest paid Saint in history versus the level of wages that Sheffield Wednesday (or any English Champ/L1/L2 club) could offer, signing on fee (say even 10% of £800k is £80k), plus add-ons.

Stevie might have wanted to stay but given he and his agent would've made a pretty packet out of the deal, as will Saints as incentives were included!

Sorry it's a no brainer to me I'm afraid.

agreed, i was just pointing out that there was not much more S.B could have done in the situation

Yellow box if you look back in this thread of the season ticket thread. you will see a post about Roddy phoning individuals.

My brother was one of them who received a call from him.

I just have a mental image in my head of Roddys conversation with fans going along these lines.....

Fan: Hello.

Roddy: Hiya pal, it's Roddy here.

Fan: Roddy who?

Roddy: Roddy Grant. Ye ken, I used to play up front for Saints a few years ago,

Fan: Oh yes, hi Roddy. What can I do for you?

Roddy: Ken how you went to see Saints in the Scottish Cup Final, would you be interested in coming back to watch the lads?

Fan: Possibily. How much is a season ticket? Can you email me more details?

Roddy: Ach, forget that internet nonsense, nane of us lads at Saints have anything to do with the internet. Waste of time.

Fan: So how much is a season ticket?

Roddy: £300

Fan: What do I get for my £300?

Roddy: A seat every week to watch the lads. But mind and no swear, shout or sing or the old boys round about you won't like it and the Police and stewards might throw you. Also, you will have to attend games on Friday nights, Monday nights, you name it, just don't expect much notice of the change of dates.

Fan: Can I get an alcoholic drink or put a bet on the match?

Roddy: Naw, ye canny, but before the game you can que to get into the Muirton Suite, you will need to wait until the away fans finish their drinks, but then you will get in and feel like a tinned sardine before being served a pint of warm, flat lager. Ye canny put a bet on, but if your one of Broonys mates in hospitality you can drink, smoke and bet until your hearts content.

Fan: How do I speak to this Broony then?

Roddy: Ye dinnae. Broony is the chairman. He decides what fans he speaks to and you are either invited or your no.

Fan: Ah right. So, if you don't do the internet then, how do I keep up with whats happening at the club?

Roddy: Ave already felt ye, the yon internet is pish and we dinnae do the internet pish at Saints, but ave been telt that there is something on yon internet called We Are Perth where some of Broonys mates occasionally let folk ken whats happening at the club. Just dinnae listen to that b****** Ghostie. Broony and him dinnae speak anymore. So are ye going to come back and watch the Saints then?

Fan: Ehm, ehm, I will get back to you Roddy.

I just have a mental image in my head of Roddys conversation with fans going along these lines.....

Fan: Hello.

Roddy: Hiya pal, it's Roddy here.

Fan: Roddy who?

Roddy: Roddy Grant. Ye ken, I used to play up front for Saints a few years ago,

Fan: Oh yes, hi Roddy. What can I do for you?

Roddy: Ken how you went to see Saints in the Scottish Cup Final, would you be interested in coming back to watch the lads?

Fan: Possibily. How much is a season ticket? Can you email me more details?

Roddy: Ach, forget that internet nonsense, nane of us lads at Saints have anything to do with the internet. Waste of time.

Fan: So how much is a season ticket?

Roddy: £300

Fan: What do I get for my £300?

Roddy: A seat every week to watch the lads. But mind and no swear, shout or sing or the old boys round about you won't like it and the Police and stewards might throw you. Also, you will have to attend games on Friday nights, Monday nights, you name it, just don't expect much notice of the change of dates.

Fan: Can I get an alcoholic drink or put a bet on the match?

Roddy: Naw, ye canny, but before the game you can que to get into the Muirton Suite, you will need to wait until the away fans finish their drinks, but then you will get in and feel like a tinned sardine before being served a pint of warm, flat lager. Ye canny put a bet on, but if your one of Broonys mates in hospitality you can drink, smoke and bet until your hearts content.

Fan: How do I speak to this Broony then?

Roddy: Ye dinnae. Broony is the chairman. He decides what fans he speaks to and you are either invited or your no.

Fan: Ah right. So, if you don't do the internet then, how do I keep up with whats happening at the club?

Roddy: Ave already felt ye, the yon internet is pish and we dinnae do the internet pish at Saints, but ave been telt that there is something on yon internet called We Are Perth where some of Broonys mates occasionally let folk ken whats happening at the club. Just dinnae listen to that b****** Ghostie. Broony and him dinnae speak anymore. So are ye going to come back and watch the Saints then?

Fan: Ehm, ehm, I will get back to you Roddy.

marginally entertaining.