Is Steve Brown Qualified / Should He Go

byebyedundee

SB mistake is that he was too honest and he should have put a spin on his statement.

He should have said that the club have made the decision in light of the financial constraints to give their excellent youth players an opportunity to break into the first team. Some of them have been challenging for a first team place last season and they are now being given their opportunity. It should prove to be an exciting season with their addition to the squad.  However, the manager will be given funds to add some experience to his squad if the right player is available.  

The fans would have been happy with that and it left the option not to buy anyone if the funds weren't available.

The board are working very hard and although they may make some honest mistakes they want the very best for the club and to involve the fans as much as possible. However, the reality is that it will be nearly impossible to match the success of last season and the fans expectations must be realistic. Lets enjoy our cup success and look forward to the games v Luzern.

MY POINT EXACTLY I WROTE ( WHY SHOULD I ) WAITING FOR THE DUMB REACTION THAT I HAVE JUST RECIEVED.....

IF ST JOHNSTONE ARE WORTH THEIR SALT AND THE NEW BOARD MEMBER IS DOING HIS JOB THEN I DONT NEED TO WRITE TO THE CLUB AS STEVE BROWN QUOTED PART OF THE NEW MEMBER OF THE BOARDS DUTY IS HIS ACTIVE PART ON OUR FANS FORUM......

Happy with my answer ...God sake here we go another saints fan blinded by our chairmen listen to the interview with Tw after the raith game...

We possibly have Stevie May, Gary Mcdonald and Ando out for an important game.... I frest my case Stevie Brown has screwed up and Tommy is not happy...

BBD

Note you did not answer the second part - fan or supporter.

You seem to have become Americanised in trying to get your point over by shouting. Does not work for me tend to think you are ranting.

If you think the Chairman is not doing a good job then put money where your mouth is and make an offer for the club.

BBD

Note you did not answer the second part - fan or supporter.

You seem to have become Americanised in trying to get your point over by shouting. Does not work for me tend to think you are ranting.

If you think the Chairman is not doing a good job then put money where your mouth is and make an offer for the club.

Anyone that knows me knows how much I care for Saints..

I came all the way in to see Saints from NY many times and when Geoff was reconised for his efforts and in the hall of fame that night when he left he knew where I was and came to the hotel with a bunch of board members and players and we had a beer...

His son who was Chairmen  never even came over to say hi.....

Americanised what a pathetic statement I'm more blue through my veins than a good bunch of so called supporters however I make a point about the bad PR and his qualification to do his job and I get ridiculed,,,,,

And the attacking disgusting comments that are now becoming personel are damn right childish.however your entitled to you opinion and I appluad you

From what you have said you are not living in the Perth area and as such you are not privy to the local press and the local PR work. But from someone else that lives outsie Perth I would say the use of social media has been good. Twitter and Facebook have provided regular updates.

The fans forum is a vehicle for putting views over and I am sure ghostie or one of the others that are on the forum will be only too happy to raise your issues. But what they need is not just issues but solutions.

You say our PR is not great what would you suggest? bearing in mind they cant go and employ Charlie Mann or one of his PR guru friends.

Late strip release - Think it was actually earlier than last season and was less than 2 months after a special Cup final strip..

The Club have been using the cup to try and promote the Club since we won it. Not sure what other celebrations you want. Suggest some things.

Hopefully you get over your issues with the Club and see fit to send in your concerns and suggestions which I am sure will be given due consideration.

MY POINT EXACTLY I WROTE ( WHY SHOULD I ) WAITING FOR THE DUMB REACTION THAT I HAVE JUST RECIEVED.....

IF ST JOHNSTONE ARE WORTH THEIR SALT AND THE NEW BOARD MEMBER IS DOING HIS JOB THEN I DONT NEED TO WRITE TO THE CLUB AS STEVE BROWN QUOTED PART OF THE NEW MEMBER OF THE BOARDS DUTY IS HIS ACTIVE PART ON OUR FANS FORUM........

I don't think We Are Perth is the 'fans forum' the Chairman is referring to.

From what you have said you are not living in the Perth area and as such you are not privy to the local press and the local PR work. But from someone else that lives outsie Perth I would say the use of social media has been good. Twitter and Facebook have provided regular updates.

The fans forum is a vehicle for putting views over and I am sure ghostie or one of the others that are on the forum will be only too happy to raise your issues. But what they need is not just issues but solutions.

You say our PR is not great what would you suggest? bearing in mind they cant go and employ Charlie Mann or one of his PR guru friends.

Late strip release - Think it was actually earlier than last season and was less than 2 months after a special Cup final strip..

The Club have been using the cup to try and promote the Club since we won it. Not sure what other celebrations you want. Suggest some things.

Hopefully you get over your issues with the Club and see fit to send in your concerns and suggestions which I am sure will be given due consideration.

I appreciate what your saying and I'm probably not as privy to local news like I would but I do read the PA and Courier and I have made these points before however there mostly verbally....

Anyway i want the best for Saints and sometimes my passion and Heart takes over my head but I am concerned about our squad and hopefully with no Hibs, Hearts and Rangers we will be ok this season but our injuries are an obvious factor that TW was right to want 3 players...

Because I wanted to know what the general opinion of my fellow supporters were...

And if they are one of that Steve Brown is the man then fine.. But surely cant we state any disagrements we may have with his people skills...

Its been a fantastic year and yes the cup win was great thats why I flew in on friday and flew back sunday so that I could be part of it ... Honestly what kind of site is this if a true supporter cant bloody sound out an opinion . Really I'm fed up of the oh but look at our season, oh but were in europe , our premier league has lost a bucket ful of quality and were the few teams that have taken advantage of this because of our prudence in the past 20 odd years and I support that  however this guy has put a dampner on it cant you bloody see that....

I never said you couldn't sound out your opinion, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  And everyone else is entitled to disagree with it.  You say you are fed up hearing we had a good season, that we won the cup, that we are in Europe.  I will never get fed up of hearing that to be honest.  

Anyone that knows me knows how much I care for Saints..

I came all the way in to see Saints from NY many times and when Geoff was reconised for his efforts and in the hall of fame that night when he left he knew where I was and came to the hotel with a bunch of board members and players and we had a beer...

His son who was Chairmen  never even came over to say hi.....

Americanised what a pathetic statement I'm more blue through my veins than a good bunch of so called supporters however I make a point about the bad PR and his qualification to do his job and I get ridiculed,,,,,

And the attacking disgusting comments that are now becoming personel are damn right childish.however your entitled to you opinion and I appluad you

I think we may have just found out what your beef with Steve Brown is right there.

Sorry since I upgraded Microsoft my quote isn't working.

I think everyone is concerned about the squad but I would be even more concerned if we were dashing ut and signing players that we could not afford. For several years now we have been concerned about the number of young players that are getting a chance in the first team. The last 2 years we have had good young players sitting in the stand or put out on loan, during this same period we have on a regular basis 2 or 3 players who are picking up good wages sitting in the stand.

A reduced squad will see less first team players in the stand during matches and more youngsters playing. Yes we will have concerns if we have a lot of injuries but I think the manager will be supported in bringing in replacements if that happens.

Of course :wink: And thanks for the welcome home John.. :mrgreen:

was mibbe trying tae slip it past ye Ghostie.

I think we should see what kind of chairman at the end of this season not before it's even started.

There's people on here saying we should play the young guns and give them a chance, can we no dae the same for SB?