Fc Luzern Away

David123

AMAZING TRIP.. 

Some facts..shite ones first.   No punch in the puss for me :razz:  but some wank did boot me from behind. I had a word with him and asked him not to do it again. Happily for all concerned,  he didn't.  Dr Jones also got a couple of smacks to the back of the heed as he tried, like myself, wee John and a couple of others to get everyone to calm the fuck down. Unhappily, all the shite was caused because Nathan  Bartlett thought it would be a grand idea to launch a can at  some guy. Not the brightest move Nathan son. The fact there were bairns walking up with their parents made it all the more  stupid and it could well have escalted but we managed  with a bit of persuession to get everyone  to chill oot a bit. Frankly I , and I suspect many others, were embarrassed by Nathans behaviour. It is unacceptable and cannot be tolerated. I don't give a fuck who they think they are. They were abroad representing the team and the country. Words will be had..

Now to the good stuff..  Nah, GREAT stuff.. It was ****ing magic. Lucerne was an amazing place and with upwards of 900 Saintees in town, the place was rocking. Nearly all the locals we came into contact with were friendly and helpful. The bars were  jumping, the weather was tremndous, the lake was heaving ( Saintees in pedalos standing up and singing  in the middle of the lake was  priceless) and  scenery was outstanding. ( The game and result weren't to shabby either)

The locals  ( and lot and lots of tourists ) were perhaps  more puzzeled to start with, as a sea of blue and a wave of noise descended on their beautiful town, but as time went by, they were all shaking hands and taking photos of the guys and girls and wishing us well.

At the game, our fans got right behind the team and in stifling condition, sang their collective hearts out. It made me very very proud..

I want to end  by saying it was a pleasure to have the company of such a large and great bunch of fellow fans for a couple of days.  WE FUCKING ROCKED LUCERNE....

MTS.

What Ghostie said about the trip, but add the fact that it allowed some of us to spend time together and get to know each other a bit, and begin to build further friendships.

Spent yesterday with soulful, noose, Darlene, Ruben and Chick. All very good folk and a pleasure to be in their company.

Drove up in hire car from Stansted, adding Daniel and Connor to the journey, who otherwise would have spent the night in the airport and not have left London on the megabus until about noon or so today.

Peter and Gordon from the boat trip round the lake.

Did enjoy the young lads' show on Thursday afternoon by Pickwick's!

Lucerne was beautiful, and all the more enjoyable for us all being there following our team.

Yet more memories to cherish for years thanks to St Johnstone and all connected with the club, including our supporters. Priceless. Can't be bought!

Never saw the trouble. A favourite moment for me came late on at Mr Pickwick's. A group of Luzern casuals turned up, five or six of them, looking for trouble. They did some Heil Hitlers and started up with neo-nazi songs, and no-one paid a blind bit of notice. They sang louder. Still no-one reacted. After three or four minutes they wandered off, unable to provoke the delirious saints fans. Very funny.

Lucerne fan told me that it is a matter of pride in Switzerland to steal and display other side's flags. He suggested that it might be displayed at McDiarmid on Thursday. A wee word to Perth polis beforehand might lead to it's safe return.

Its a thing of their so called ultra-codex...if you are lucky they display it and give it back to you afterwards

Never saw the trouble. A favourite moment for me came late on at Mr Pickwick's. A group of Luzern casuals turned up, five or six of them, looking for trouble. They did some Heil Hitlers and started up with neo-nazi songs, and no-one paid a blind bit of notice. They sang louder. Still no-one reacted. After three or four minutes they wandered off, unable to provoke the delirious saints fans. Very funny.

They wandered off and just a moment later one of them threw the contents of a plastic cup of beer over three Saints guys sitting just a few hundred yards from Pickwicks minding their own business. He then asked if they wanted to fight. His 3 mates told him 'peace' and so off they wandered again, ending up at Roadhouse. Big skinhead with sunglasses on his head. Idiot.

They wandered off and just a moment later one of them threw the contents of a plastic cup of beer over three Saints guys sitting just a few hundred yards from Pickwicks minding their own business. He then asked if they wanted to fight. His 3 mates told him 'peace' and so off they wandered again, ending up at Roadhouse. Big skinhead with sunglasses on his head. Idiot.

I'm sure one of the Luzern locals will correct me if I'm wrong but someone told me there's a few eastern Europeans involved in the casual type stuff in Luzern

Think that was me, absolutely no chance he was getting a reaction, big man looked mental.

What a fantastic trip that was, such a beautiful city. The bus back to town was incredible, thought the floor was going to give way at one stage, jumping.

Think that was me, absolutely no chance he was getting a reaction, big man looked mental.

What a fantastic trip that was, such a beautiful city. The bus back to town was incredible, thought the floor was going to give way at one stage, jumping.

You were the big mental guy wi sunglasses?!

Re the ultras, think they are unpopular with locals. When I was buying my train ticket back to Geneva the girl serving saw the saints badge on my wallet and asked me about the game. She said she'd wanted us to win because she hates some of the luzern fans. Guess it was the ultras she was thinking of.

We drank in the Zone 5 ultras bar on the Wednesday night.  I've only got nice words to say about them.  Even if they bought us all shots of some disgusting Swiss liquer.  Even seen a couple of them a bit worse for wear at the Roadhouse pub getting pictures with some certain special individuals who shall not be named.... ;)

It wasnt the ultras you had trouble with. In switzerland the hooligans and ultras are seperate culture. Ultras are the ones in charge for supporting the team, preparing choreos in their freetime, not missing a single game. Stealing flags is a ultra thing (one of the things i dont like/agree), looking for trouble/fight in casual wear, like the guys you met, is more hooligan style.

We drank in the Zone 5 ultras bar on the Wednesday night. I've only got nice words to say about them. Even if they bought us all shots of some disgusting Swiss liquer. Even seen a couple of them a bit worse for wear at the Roadhouse pub getting pictures with some certain special individuals who shall not be named.... ;)

Surelyyyyy those who we shouldn't name got caught out?!

Yep that was pretty amusing. The 2 young Lucerne supporters we were speaking to at the time said the guy with the sunglasses on his head was a Croat and saw himself as the main hooligan. He gave the guys we were speaking to a bit of abuse for speaking to Saints fans!

As expected, I met nothing but a bunch of sound folks. It was quite lovely to have the town invaded with friendly Scots. The older guys I met in Legends on Tuesday, the PSJ lads whom we had a game with, and the fans who came to Zone on Wed, to the randoms dotted about all over town on the Thursday. It was a good craic. I'm quite sure there will be a Saint or two coming back to LU for a wee holiday. 

I was outside Zone when the kerfuffle took place. A few daft laddies (who'd probably been getting smashed in the sunshine all day) almost letting the side down for you by goading and throwing beer at the worst kind of bams with hooligan tendencies. Thankfully there were enough sensible punters on both sides to stop it from being anything more than drama queens swinging their handbags at each other. 

Quite a few of the Swiss lads have commented to me how sound they found the Scottish fans to be.  

Me and three others walked away from Pickwicks to Anfield just before that and met them coming off the bridge. Pure eyeballing us and blocking our way. We just ignored them and walked round them. Didn't realise that happened moments later.

Always get absolute tools ruining things. Doubt they will be over here next week.

Is anyone else still recovering? My voice is goosed.

GREAT TRIP!!