"come On U Saaaaaaaints" Can We Do More Than Three In A Row?

essexsaint

Forget complicated scarf twirling.....of which I did enjoy during the game and after walking back from Parkhead...can we get back to basics and try and get more than three " come on u saints" sang in a row when we all get hardons over getting a corner?

I find myself always doing one too many (usually 4) and looking/sounding like a right pric. Can we do 5 or will the corner have been taken by that point?!?!?!

Is anyone else going to champion this or am I on my own with this.....? I got a feeling I might be on My own with this one!

Forget complicated scarf twirling.....of which I did enjoy during the game and after walking back from Parkhead...can we get back to basics and try and get more than three " come on u saints" sang in a row when we all get hardons over getting a corner?

I find myself always doing one too many (usually 4) and looking/sounding like a right pric. Can we do 5 or will the corner have been taken by that point?!?!?!

Is anyone else going to champion this or am I on my own with this.....? I got a feeling I might be on My own with this one!

quality, how many drinks?

You've stayed in essex too long .

• 2 weeks later...

What's a hardon ?

Essex Essex, complicated...........?.? You hold scarf above head and twirl. How ever did you manage at cup final?!

Come on ye saints.......worst song ever. Should have been banished Jim Morton's shorts! What the hell was that all about at the World Cup btw....players tucking shorts up. Nae need.

Anyway, don't like song but will always join in, just maybe only twice!

Now I haven't done much singing since my Muirton days but whenever we manage to make it to see Saints I do try and join in but nothing seems to last and dies out pretty quickly, unless of course it is because (a) I am deaf or (B) I am standing too far away. The Lucerne choir were really noisy and outsang us for much of the game or did I just imagine that? Fellow fans at my end of the lower east stand seemed more concerned to chat their way through the game than sing. They did cheer and clap a bit but I was disappointed that our end was not rockin' like Celtic Park rocked.

Essex Essex, complicated...........?.? You hold scarf above head and twirl. How ever did you manage at cup final?!

Come on ye saints.......worst song ever. Should have been banished Jim Morton's shorts! What the hell was that all about at the World Cup btw....players tucking shorts up. Nae need.

Anyway, don't like song but will always join in, just maybe only twice!

Clearly complicated enough for 7000 of the fans on thursday not to join in! We did miss ur trumpet though....bringing it this week?

I agree come on youuuuu saiiiiiiintssss is bad...but it's down to the fact we usually get two rounds of it out our mouths before we all think..."fcuk it, can't be arsed"

I wish fans could keep time - every song gets faster and faster and there's no way to keep it going without getting yer tongue in a knot. Same with the clapping, my hands cannae cope....

***************************************************************************************************************************************

Aye Mike we clearly need choreography lessons from the Lucerne fans as their in time clapping, chanting and bouncing looked incredible last week. I'll get my ballet pumps dusted off :oops:

Clearly complicated enough for 7000 of the fans on thursday not to join in! We did miss ur trumpet though....bringing it this week?

I agree come on youuuuu saiiiiiiintssss is bad...but it's down to the fact we usually get two rounds of it out our mouths before we all think..."fcuk it, can't be arsed"

After the choreography of cup final and last week, I get the feeling this Thursday will be back to good auld fashioned sing yer heart oot for the boys, for two choruses only, of whatever comes to mind.......the Scottish way! Simple and less effective than our European counterparts, but we've been happy with it for the last few decades so it'll do a while longer!

Until I receive a personal invite in a gold crested envelope from bigstu, I'm no playing!! Ha, kidding bigstu.......but trumpet is safely locked away for the Europa Cup Final!

If we are going back to the 'make it up as we go along' approach then the most simple and effective thing I can think to do is to do a scarf twirl just before teams come out.

If I do hear a 'come on ye saints', I promise to keep going for three rounds minimum!!

After the choreography of cup final and last week, I get the feeling this Thursday will be back to good auld fashioned sing yer heart oot for the boys, for two choruses only, of whatever comes to mind.......the Scottish way! Simple and less effective than our European counterparts, but we've been happy with it for the last few decades so it'll do a while longer!

Until I receive a personal invite in a gold crested envelope from bigstu, I'm no playing!! Ha, kidding bigstu.......but trumpet is safely locked away for the Europa Cup Final!

If we are going back to the 'make it up as we go along' approach then the most simple and effective thing I can think to do is to do a scarf twirl just before teams come out.

If I do hear a 'come on ye saints', I promise to keep going for three rounds minimum!!

Nice one Norwich!