What A Shame...

bigstu

Both Barossa and the Tulloch are going to great lengths to put on entertainment and special events for the fans prior to the game on Thursday, yet there has been nothing announced or organised by the club.

It is great that there are 2 great options for people to go to, and I have no doubt that both will be busy, and earn a lot of money on the day.  It is just a shame to me that the club haven't done something special for this.  As I would much rather the club made the money rather than someone else.

Perhaps there is a very good reason for this?  Perhaps not, just irritates me as there is so much space at Mcdiarmid to put on a family day, and add some beer tents etc, where there would be no public nuisance.

Great point they could have had a fans zone if the Tulloch can so could have Saints,if not a bar area what about something like the cup final aimed at kids

The shop is smal l so stalls selling saints stuff

Food and entertainment

Wee footie matches for the kids

Beat the goalie etc

Inflatables

But hey ho as said before we don't sell our club enough,surely some off the hangers on could have organised this

Great point they could have had a fans zone if the Tulloch can so could have Saints,if not a bar area what about something like the cup final aimed at kids

The shop is smal l so stalls selling saints stuff

Food and entertainment

Wee footie matches for the kids

Beat the goalie etc

Inflatables

But hey ho as said before we don't sell our club enough,surely some off the hangers on could have organised this

All this on all weather pitch

Is there a wee competition going on about who can have a go at the club for the most things at the moment?  Every 2nd thread on here seems to be steeped in negativity - "nae new players"  "everybody that works for the club isnae happy with the Chairman" "There'll be a big crowd on Thursday - naw there winnae" "The club should have had an event organised for pre-game" - honestly it's depressing reading the forum just now.

Edited by jhq

Is there a wee competition going on about who can have a go at the club for the most things at the moment?  Every 2nd thread on here seems to be steeped in negativity - "nae new players"  "everybody that works for the club isnae happy with the Chairman" "There'll be a big crowd on Thursday - naw there winnae" "The club should have had an event organised for pre-game" - honestly it's depressing reading the forum just now.

Makes you wonder if it was worth winning the cup, Bear was right on another thread.

Yeah we should take a leaf out of Luzern's book look at all the things their club put on before the match -- oh wait a minute

That's right they did fuq all .am no bothered though

I was disgusted being penned in a corner with high fences.its no the 1980's .

I didn't only mention alcohol...... Look at the family area at the cup final... No alcohol served at all, but it made for a great day, and I am sure quite a bit of money was spent. 

I am not in any way criticising the club, and if you know me, you will know I am not.

I was simply stating it is a shame having a lost opportunity.  As I said, there may well be a reason why this wasn't viable.

Nothing ever changes by staying the same...

Edited by bigstu

Is there a wee competition going on about who can have a go at the club for the most things at the moment? Every 2nd thread on here seems to be steeped in negativity - "nae new players" "everybody that works for the club isnae happy with the Chairman" "There'll be a big crowd on Thursday - naw there winnae" "The club should have had an event organised for pre-game" - honestly it's depressing reading the forum just now.

U needin a hug ?

Yeah we should take a leaf out of Luzern's book look at all the things their club put on before the match -- oh wait a minute

They actually had food stalls and beer stalls in the car park. The garlic bread I bought was the best I've ever tasted. We need to sell garlic bread....get it done Steve!!

Who volunteers to make the garlic bread?

Slices? Or baguette style?

Slice. Quite superb. I doubt we have the talent in our ranks to make such a delicacy. I would volunteer to make it but I think I'd be sacked for failing to market it properly.

Some fantastic ideas and yes at the Cup Final we enjoyed the fanzone and build up to the game, it was a saturday however and we were at the ground approx 2 hours before kick off.

While I think something on the astro along the lines suggested would be great, not sure thursday would be the best time to do it. For myself anyway it wouldnt be of much interest as I ll not be back in Perth from work til after six and imagine many others will be the same.

How many people are actually employed Full Time by St Johnstone to do these things as well, a lot of people who help out on match days will be volunteers/part time and probably working a normal day on thursday before heading to the game.

Was there not an open day with a bar/food and live music held on the astro not that long ago which although held on a nice sunny day had hardly anyone at, I remember being at it one sunday afternoon and it being fairly empty. I suspect they probably lost money that day.