St Johnstone V Fc Luzern Thursday 24 July 2014

andrew

And so to the match itself.

How do you pronounce our opponents name?

F C Lose earn

As much as they threatened us over there, we can give their shaky defence a hard time. I can see May, McLean and O'Halloran doing what their front guys did, only better.

Hopefully they lose and we earn :)

O'Halloran running at them will cause problems. Hopefully he starts.

They knock the ball about well, look to attack quickly on the wings so we need to do a job on them there as well.

The times we did run at them they backed off which should really suit Stevie May, hopefully he'll have the opportunity to pop a couple of his favourite shots away.

I'll go.

Mannus

Miller, capt dave, razor, beaston.

O'halleran Millar, brown, spoony

Stevie and Steven

Pretty much agree with that team, although I have a suspicion that we will see Crofty start on the right instead of O'Halloran.  Think Croft just offers a little bit more defensive cover for Gaz Miller than O'Halloran would. 

And so to the match itself.

How do you pronounce our opponents name?

F C Lose earn

As much as they threatened us over there, we can give their shaky defence a hard time. I can see May, McLean and O'Halloran doing what their front guys did, only better.

Hopefully they lose and we earn :)

Been trying to work that one in for a while ?.

I think they will definitely score. As ever we worked very hard as a team last week and certainly made it as difficult as possible for them but there were defensive lapses. I was quite impressed with how they passed the ball and their movement going forward.

It's a tough game but we've certainly got a more than decent opportunity. Set pieces will be important and we need to make better use of them than the Minsk game when it seemed like we wasted a load in attacking areas with wild lashes at goal.

COYS

Fraser Wright worries me a lot!   I thought he had an absolute disaster of a game last week, we were very very lucky only to concede one through a defensive mistake by him. 

Without him though at defensive set pieces I recon we would be very vulnerable. We lack much major height. I was thinking Luzern CB's were very tall.

Although yes. He absolutely gifted the ball away twice in very dangerous positions last week. I thought he was going to get sent off.

Edited by PerthSeany

Agree with what you say, and without Ando being available i'm not for one second saying we should go into the game without him, but I just think his legs have gone, noticed it a lot towards the end of last season and on last Thursday's showing it pretty much confirmed it to me.   He was awful, absolutely rank rotten.  Normally with Frazer though is he quite often or not follows up a holocaust performance with a very assured and confident one so fingers crossed thats the case.