St Johnstone V Fc Luzern Thursday 24 July 2014

andrew

We're a completely different beast at home and I'm not sure that Lucerne will know this fully. Of course they'd be expecting home advantage, but I'm not convinced they'll be expecting us to go at then from the start. First 10 minutes in my eyes is the time to get a goal, know the stuffing out them and hit them on the counter afterwards. I'm gonna go for a 1-0 saints win though. Watching through my hands.

I think we will go at them.  We will have learned from Minsk, I anticiapte a strong start and a " No mercy" approach.  Win the game, no point playing chess or "cat and mouse" for 75 mins.  Score first and keep at them.

COYS

..... or to use the old phrase "attack is the best form of defence". The opening stages are key really and it would be good if we could control it.

Any result that gives me a game to get up the road for next Thursday please!

Obvious statement but agree with those who've mentioned an early goal for either team will play a factor in terms of confidence. A nervous feeling that the last 15 tonight will be utter torture! Hate not being there, always worse when your second guessing.

Come on ye Saints.......we are proud but let's be greedy and enjoy another massive result for the city of Perth.

Really would be better for the nerves having the home game first, it's horrible to think that even if we go 2-0 up, 1 away goal leaves them needing just 1 more to knock us out.

That said, home support for the business end of the tie has to be beneficial.

Predicting an absolutely terrifying 2-1 win, May and Spoony (I know right!?) to find the net.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!

I'm stuck in England and I have no clue how I'm going to cope during the game. It's bad enough when you have some radio or TV coverage, but there won't even be that.

I think I may go for a very long walk and come back long after extra-time, penalties etc would be finished. It's the not-knowing that is just unbearable...

Match day, 1.25 pm sitting car park at McD. Its 27 degrees,place looks brilliant, just bought 2 braw yellow white and blue scarfs. 3 buses in away bus parkng, presume Lucerne fans. Still folk in buying tickets..What a beutiful day and an amazing feeling of a superb night ahead. Coouple of chores then heading to Barossa st.