St Johnstone V Fc Luzern Thursday 24 July 2014

andrew

We have only been playing european football because of the Rangers and we are still diddy

And Rangers only got to where they were cause Queens Park stayed Amateur and the only reason Airdrie exist is cause of the demise of Clydebank and the if your Auntie had baws......

It's all relative.

You only get out what you put in. We're always gonna be a Diddy Club and I'm comfortable with that, but lest at least to aspire to be the best of the Diddy Teams and look to have European nights and cup runs and finish as high up the league as possible.

We have no idea when it'll come to an end, and these times are as good as it gets, just appreciate what we have, drop the negativity and let's see how far Tommy Wright and this group of battlers and warriors can go. These guys to me bleed Saints as much as we do. They were as delighted as we were last night.

You can see it when we score - their faces light up, no arrogance or smug looks, just sheer delight.

They know as much as we do that we're on a roller coaster just now.

COYS!

We have only been playing european football because of the Rangers and we are still diddy

And Rangers only got to where they were cause Queens Park stayed Amateur and the only reason Airdrie exist is cause of the demise of Clydebank and the if your Auntie had baws......

It's all relative.

You only get out what you put in. We're always gonna be a Diddy Club and I'm comfortable with that, but lest at least to aspire to be the best of the Diddy Teams and look to have European nights and cup runs and finish as high up the league as possible.

We have no idea when it'll come to an end, and these times are as good as it gets, just appreciate what we have, drop the negativity and let's see how far Tommy Wright and this group of battlers and warriors can go. These guys to me bleed Saints as much as we do. They were as delighted as we were last night.

You can see it when we score - their faces light up, no arrogance or smug looks, just sheer delight.

COYS!

It's all relative.

COYS!

Am I right in thinking the invasion happened at the opposite end to the oppo fans? Some tit claims the Saints fans tried to "go" towards the oppo fans.

Nah the away fans were in the North end of the main stand.

The saints fans mostly came out the North end of the east.

Am I right in thinking the invasion happened at the opposite end to the oppo fans? Some tit claims the Saints fans tried to "go" towards the oppo fans.

That 'tit' is kinda correct, whilst most of the fans were just going around the players others were running over towards the away fans goading them - as the away fans were doing to them.

It was the North end of the east stand they all came from and some of them headed towards the north end of the main stand.

Edited by garydavidson

Seriously, only about 3 of them headed for the Luzern fans and then thought better of it and ducked into the Main stand in front of us. 

3 or 300 it makes no difference really, had the Swiss fans reacted in the same way then we would have had some really nasty scenes I think. 

Seriously, only about 3 of them headed for the Luzern fans and then thought better of it and ducked into the Main stand in front of us. 

That calculator of yours must have given up the ghost :)

Plenty of them had headed passed our players and headed towards the away fans before retreating back to the east stand.

Thats a bit harsh Andy.  This is of course now the discourse pedalled by the scottish football establishment......the 2nd division will now be better than the top, cos Sevco, Hearts and Hibs are down there.  Not for me.....those three are there because they are sorry excuses for football teams.  Hamilton, Dundee, Ross County, ICT, St Mirren are all better sides than those three 'Giants', or they would not be in the top division....and those three would!

At the end of the swiss news report he says that after the game FC Luzern fans were attacked on the street with bottles, one fan was injured. He also says however that the police have not confirmed this.

I sense that is a load of shite.

Some saints fans are numpties but they aren't some kind of Casual/Ultra group who attack other supporters with weapons.

The worst people can expect from Saints is an occasional pitch invasion and kids lobbing cans at folk.

Edited by PerthSeany

Airdrie at home in I think the league cup.

Scottish Cup third round replay in 2002/03 season. Mark Baxter equalised late in the first game away for 1-1 draw. 1-1 at McDiarmid, not totally sure who scored for us, possibly Paddy Connolly. Jeromr Varielle equalised and we won on penalties.

Also beat Thistle twice and Raith as mentioned above as far as I can remember. Lost to Minsk, Rangers and Livingston (first season they were a franchise after Meadowbank).

Does anyone know if the lady who appeared to have been knocked over by a car just up from McD on Crieff Road is OK? Around 7.20 as we were all walking up from the Tulloch? Didn't look too clever. Hope she's alright.

Minor injuries according to the papers. Quite a scary thing to see, but the van wasn't going fast so always thought she'd be ok. More shock than anything.

At the end of the swiss news report he says that after the game FC Luzern fans were attacked on the street with bottles, one fan was injured. He also says however that the police have not confirmed this.

I didn't fully understand everything in the report since it's a completely different language to German, but I'm 100% sure none of this was said ^^^ the boy is on the wind up! Guter Versuch :laugh:

FC Luzern fans will feel hard done by after dominating most of the game but that's football! If you can't put the ball into the net....think we deserved a bit of luck after we were robbed against Minsk! (yes, I'm still hurting from that night!)

The pre-match build up at the Tulloch was fantastic and was great to see both sets of fans enjoying a beer together without any trouble! Really have to give their fans some credit, supported their team for the entire 120 minutes and were without a doubt, the best away support I've ever seen at McD. All the best for their season!

Anyway, bring on the Slovakians next week! COYS!

Minor injuries according to the papers. Quite a scary thing to see, but the van wasn't going fast so always thought she'd be ok. More shock than anything.

A few punches were thrown at the van driver just after it happened. Someone also pulled off his number plate and started hitting the van with it.

I didn't fully understand everything in the report since it's a completely different language to German, but I'm 100% sure none of this was said ^^^ the boy is on the wind up! Guter Versuch :laugh:

The Newsreader definitely did say that.

I don't believe a word of it, just reporting what was said.

A few punches were thrown at the van driver just after it happened. Someone also pulled off his number plate and started hitting the van with it.

Welcome to Letham... Let's not check our friend who has just been hit by a car is okay... Let's attack the van with its own number plate instead.

When I passed she was in the recovery position but there was no serious panic from the police or paramedics so did think she was most likely alright.