Fantasy Question Only - Europa League Play Off Round

AthensSaint

No disrepect to Spartak Trnava but IF we did get through this 3Q round, would you want a big name or the lowest co-efficient team in the very, very long chance we would get through to the league stage. 

My personal feelings are that IF we did get past our Slovak friends.....I would want the biggest name possible.

That would be Inter Milan at McD.

"I have a dream, and dreams come true....."

And if we win the league and then 2-3 Euro qualifiers i want a Champions league group of Barcelona , Man City , Bayern Munchen and Saints .

Then Tommy Wright'll get the Scotland job and we'll win the Euro's , then the world cup with Stevie May as top scorer .

Aye right then . Let's just try and beat Spartak please .

I had this discussion with a fellow saint the other day. Much rather get an easier path and get in Europa league than have one massive pay day with spurs coming to town in a few weeks.

Europa league all the way.....if we get past the Diddy team on thursday...will I regret saying that?

I agree getting a big name would be an outstanding event and pay day. However I would like us to get as far as possible and get into the league stage. But this would  have its draw backs with our small squad, we would toil with mid week and Saturday games and we could miss out on top 6 finish and possibly europe next season. Big question

You can only fill the stadium once, so in ticket sales it will make little difference who we get. However, a big team will probably get the tele interested. But would rather draw a team to give us a chance of going through, to the mega mega bucks. Who knows - Tommy might even be allowed to sign a player!  

You can only fill the stadium once, so in ticket sales it will make little difference who we get. However, a big team will probably get the tele interested. But would rather draw a team to give us a chance of going through, to the mega mega bucks. Who knows - Tommy might even be allowed to sign a player!

I have heard some sht on this forum but tw possibly being able to sign a player? Do be serious. :)

Assuming we can get past Spartak (which is a big ask in itself)...

Ideally I'd want the easiest game possible, get us through to the group stage & draw a 'giant' at that point. 

Either way, we'd likely be looking at close to, if not a sell-out so the opposition doesn't really matter from that perspective, but if we drew someone like Spurs then chances of being on TV improves dramatically............although, potential at the expense of a near sell-out. 

• 2 weeks later...

No disrepect to Spartak Trnava but IF we did get through this 3Q round, would you want a big name or the lowest co-efficient team in the very, very long chance we would get through to the league stage. 

My personal feelings are that IF we did get past our Slovak friends.....I would want the biggest name possible.

That would be Inter Milan at McD.

"I have a dream, and dreams come true....."

It's your fuqing fault we're oot jonah