Stevie May

Hardolez21

No but we will push him to take the first offer because we fear getting next to nothing after he signs a pre-contract with someone.

Point I'm making though is there hasn't been loads of offers up to this point. If hes not signing a new deal then there might not be many other chances we have of accepting a decent bid.

Are you part of the club and can state that with any certainty? Not all clubs try to do their bidding out in the open and prefer to do it behind closed doors.

Are you part of the club and can state that with any certainty? Not all clubs try to do their bidding out in the open and prefer to do it behind closed doors.

If proper big clubs were interested they would of coughed up the money and he would be gone.

Edited by PerthSeany

If we look at the teams that should be proof enough. If it is not I believe we would struggle in the league

Birmingham

Blackburn

Blackpool

Bolton

Bournemouth

Brentford

Brighton

Cardiff

Charlton

Derby

Fulham

Huddersfield

Ipswich

Leeds

Middlesbrough

Millwall

Norwich

Nottm Forest

Reading

Rotherham

Sheff Wed

Watford

Wigan

Wolves

Oh aye looking at the names tells you everything eh ?

Rosenborg are a big name most had heard of ,done them a lot of good eh ? your argument is pish .

Prove to me it's better .

Watching that 27 goals video makes me sad to think he could be leaving !

I wish Brown was doing more to keep him rather than what appears more like pushing him out the door for a fraction of what he is worth.........

Me too.

Watching a lot of the goals reminded me of how good a lot of my Saturday afternoons have been recently. Watching Saints win.

We spent most Saturday nights smiling recently!

If.. and it's a big if... Stevie May does go for the amount/s being bandied about on this forum...I would like to believe that the add ons and sell on figure will be where Saints make their million/s...however only our chairman and Stevie May will truly know these figures!

I'm sure the chairman and his board of directors will only be considering the long term future of Saints...that's certainly the way it has been for over 20 years now...and we all know that up until now it has'nt turned out to be too bad!

Not so long ago the talk was of tearing down one of our stands in order to pocket enough money to ensure the long term future of Saints...thankfully it did'nt happen, but this issue regarding money and previous statements advising of savings to be made, stadium repairs and appeals for more support, just go to show how difficult it is to meet the outgoings of our club!

When you look at our position in the league last season, when the then Hibs manager Terry Butcher was urging his players to lift themselves above Saints to claim a top six place..(Hibs were only 3 points behind) Where are Hibs now? 

Hopefully this builds a little perspective of where we are and where we can still go....as I'm as ambitious for my club as I am for Stevie May.

As ive said before,you wont get a big club bidding for him.Even the bigger championship clubs wont sign a player unless he"s proven ability,and preferably a foreigner.That leaves small to mid size clubs,and a lot of them are skint.The SPL hasnt been helped by the fact,that their is so much money in the EPL,that all they want to do is buy foreign players for 30 million.Less money in the SPL has seen prices for players hit rock bottom.Sad but true.

Look at the mighty CelticThey now go shopping in the first division in England(Griffiths)and yet win the league by 30 points.Other stars include Commons,an average player at Forrest.That has also had a negative effecct on the value of SPL players.Anyway whatever the outcome,i will watch you next week in Europe,good luck.

That comment might have some kind of value if Sporting Lisbon hadn't just bought an 18 year old from Dundee Utd for £3m.  One of the top clubs in Belgium has just bought a young player who has managed less than 30 first team games in 3 years at Celtic for £1.2m.

Stevie May was reckoned by many to be the best young player in the league last season (was also in most peoples overall team of the season), with the only other contender being Andy Robertson, a left back at Dundee Utd who Premier League Hull have just bought for £3m.

So I don't think it is true that teams don't want to touch young Scottish talent.

We know all about the money down there: Ross Mccormack for £11m beggars belief!

I think we all know Stevie May will leave, whether now or, preferably, after one more season at Saints.  But either someone comes in and pays a ridiculous fee that we could use (e.g. £3m +) which doesn't look like its going to happen.  Or, we get a decent fee but he goes somewhere we can get excited about and get to see one of our own progressing and developing on a much bigger stage. 

There is no animosity towards Rotherham, but the deal being discussed at the minute ticks neither box.  Would feel exactly the same if it was Peterborough, Brentford, Bournemouth or Doncaster etc etc...

That comment might have some kind of value if Sporting Lisbon hadn't just bought an 18 year old from Dundee Utd for £3m.  One of the top clubs in Belgium has just bought a young player who has managed less than 30 first team games in 3 years at Celtic for £1.2m.

Stevie May was reckoned by many to be the best young player in the league last season (was also in most peoples overall team of the season), with the only other contender being Andy Robertson, a left back at Dundee Utd who Premier League Hull have just bought for £3m.

So I don't think it is true that teams don't want to touch young Scottish talent.

We know all about the money down there: Ross Mccormack for £11m beggars belief!

I think we all know Stevie May will leave, whether now or, preferably, after one more season at Saints.  But either someone comes in and pays a ridiculous fee that we could use (e.g. £3m +) which doesn't look like its going to happen.  Or, we get a decent fee but he goes somewhere we can get excited about and get to see one of our own progressing and developing on a much bigger stage. 

There is no animosity towards Rotherham, but the deal being discussed at the minute ticks neither box.  Would feel exactly the same if it was Peterborough, Brentford, Bournemouth or Doncaster etc etc...

But thats what i was saying.Foreign clubs might buy,but English clubs arent willing to take the risk.They would rather pay inflated prices for a proven track record.